Paseo de lo Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33, Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, 63732, Mexico

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta

Dreams is AMAZING !! But not quite 5 Star ..... yet

by TripAdvisor Member ex0dus22

My Girlfriend and I arrived Dec. 13th and stayed until the 21st. Checking In was Simple and fast... we were given cold Mimosas while doing so and our Bellboy took our luggage.

Before I begin... If you get a chance, read TRAVELLINGTSCHEIDT's review!! he pretty much sums up what I want to detail....

--- ROOMS ---
We found out that our room (“The Tropical View” side) was not completed yet, so we were upgraded to the ocean view on the 7th Floor. We stayed in Room 1705 and WOW, the room was unbelievable!!!! - Super comfy King size bed, free-standing tub, dual sinks, and glass enclosed shower and toilet (separate). The toilet even had a telephone, in case you needed to call a friend and tell him about your movement ;) --- The balcony had an amazing view, and had a Jacuzzi and some furniture. Ohh -- 4 days into our stay we found out that the Sliding glass door on the balcony actually slides back further, leaving a massive open air balcony/room. One thing to consider is not all the rooms were the same. Not all rooms were the same … some rooms had shorter countertops and obstructed views.

--- POOLS ---
The main Pool was awesome. We had loads of fun in the Main pool with Aqua-aerobics and Basketball!! :D WARNING -- If you partake in the aerobics... There will be lots of touching and massaging at the end. ;) We frequently tipped "Dolce" the sweetest waitress I have ever met. She took good care of us around the pool and recommended some great drinks. BTW do try the Dirty monkey mmmm delicious. I mostly drank "Double Malibu and Pineapple" ... they were consistently delicious.

--- RESTAURANTS ---
Mornings for breakfast at the World café were amazing. There was always eggs, bacon, French toast pancakes and a variety cold cereals and yogurts etc. We ate twice at Portofino. The first night service was good, staff very friendly and more importantly food was exquisite!! Second time eating at Portofino there was a complete meltdown in service; not enough menus, so 6 of us were sharing one menu. Took nearly 30 minutes between appetizers and main courses, and when the food arrived they had completely messed up our orders… we weren’t to concerned because it was still delicious 
Room service was also quite comical in the sense that not once out of about 7 times ordering did they get our order correct. Logistically there are definitely many things the resort could improve on and every day we saw better service and more staff and people training. The seaside Grill was good, our orders were all correct, we had great times there. If you get a chance, have the Spanish Coffee!!!

--- BEACH ---
The beach area was great, we saw a baby sea turtle and a sea lion that had apparently got separated from his family and spent 3 days on the beach. Body boarding with the manta ray fish was something I’ll never forget.

--- ATV tour ---
I HIGHLY recommend everyone to do the ATV tour in Bucerias. We had such an amazing time riding through the backcountry and into the Sierra Madre to a Tequila distillery, where we got to sample many varieties of Tequila.

All in all Dreams Villamagna definitely has 5+ potential, but it just isn’t quite there yet. But for me and our group it definitely was worth every dollar. We had the most amazing time here and would definitely stay here again…

If you would like to inquire about anything feel free to email me : waketech@telus.net I would be happy to answer any questions.

You will love it....

by TripAdvisor Member MugRug

We stayed at the Dreams Villamagna from Dec 27/08 toJan 4/09 and loved every minute. The staff all did anything that they could to please us. The restaurant food was excellent. The only restaurant we did not use was the Portofino.(more formal than the others). Our favorite was the Seaside Grill. We always seemed to get the same waiter - Carlos - who kept us happy without us even asking. He would bring us drinks before we even had to re order them. He also served us at the News Years Eve Gala which was very beautifully setup with tables around the pool. Thumbs up to Carlos, great guy. The other place we spent alot of evenings at was the Sushi Bar on the ninth floor. The three who work up there (Hugo, Cesar-the best sushi chef- and Emma),are amazing and work so well together. They also have the most fun, laughing and interacting with the clients yet still maintaining their professional standards. We laughed alot up there, had the most fun. We even got hugs from Emma when we left. We will miss all of them.
Our room was as the other reviews have stated. Beautiful, fabulous ocean view, no complaints at all. We got nice sized bottles (120 ml) of shampoo, shower gel and great smelling Sunscreen SPF 15. I did not even use the sunscreen that I brought from home. The maid service could use a little tweeking. Even with tips there were some days we only got one towel. I also had to talk to the main desk to remind them that we were supposed to get nightly turn down service. We only got it on our first night, then not again until two days before we left, but for the most part I have no complaints.
The pools were beautiful. The "adult" pool which is used by everyone, was the one that was heated, so of course also used the most. The main pool is heated but not as much as the adult pool and the one closest to the ocean is not heated at all and can be very refreshing after sitting in the hot sun.
The ocean beach was great too. There were a few vendors walking around trying to sell things but if you said "no gracias" they would not bother you again.
All in all we had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat. Even though this is a brand new hotel, by the time we got there it was all up and running very smoothly. You will not be disappointed and you will love it....

Definatey Not a 5 Star Resort!!

by TripAdvisor Member eyecandystl

We stayed at the Dreams VillaMagna, PV from 1/3/09- 1/10/09. I travel to resorts for vacation about 6 times each year, this by far the most misrepresented properties that I have ever stayed in. I think this was about 2 or 3 Star. We were very disappointed.

Upon our arrival at VillaMagna at 9pm there were no Bell Man and were not greeted at all. (no wet towels/water like you said) The front desk guy said there was no DOUBLE BEDS available all week. We confirmed it the day before we left. So my mother and I shared a King Bed all week. Apple rep (Gabriel) told me to sleep on the couch or a blow up mattress! He said he had gotten so many complaints since they have opened 3 weeks prior that he couldn’t do anything! He kept saying it was “new.”
We had a nice view of the ocean and the room was modern.

The food selection was the worst. Dreams email to me proir to arrival stated that the restaurants were all open every night and day--- They were NOT. There was limited food choices. There was nothing open at 9pm when we arrived (we were starving b/c flight was late) except room service that takes 1hr 30- 1hr 45!!! Only 1 restaurant open for breakfast- it was like a college cafeteria. Nothing was labeled. No heat lamps and the food always was cold. No salad. They ran out of diet coke for a day and weren’t sure when the truck was coming. The buffet was nothing like a Rui—3 plates of 4 kinds of fruits…. It was ridiculous! In the evening Oceania was always open and Portofino and ElPatio opened alternating nights. No buffet in the evenings except the last night. They say the sushi was ready at 6:30pm but never was cut and served til 8:30pm every night. You could never just go down and eat at any time 24 hrs. All restaurants were closed from 11-12:30p and 4:30-7pm- when most people eat.
My mother got sick on second night at Portofino – they brought out the wrong plate 2x on the 3rd time (still being wrong) but she just decided to eat it anyway they put UNCOOKED raw scallops on her dish she spit it out and proceeded to be sick for the next 12hrs. She was very upset. (It was very dark in there so you really couldn’t see your food to tell it was uncooked!) The waiter was so sorry- they definitely remembered her and pulled us in the next night at Elpatio and made sure we had our food fast that night.

The staff at VillaMagna was very understaffed. They were always confused. Some of them had attitude because they always worked!! It was almost funny watching the waiters work..they didn't have certian tables, they worked the whole room! You would have one and then he would never come back!! The rooms were nice and new. The shower was cold or luke warm 5 out of the 7 days. We would call down and they said they were having problems with the pipes. We got used to cold showers! We called because we never had wash cloths and after them calling us back 2x we got them 3 hrs later. Only one elevator worked each day- and they were not air conditioned- they were ovens and you could barely breathe in them.
The nightly entertainment that they say every night only happened 2x out of 7 nights- It was at the pool- dancers- if you were eating dinner at 7ish you would miss it b/c dinner took forever.

They said the construction was finished. They worked every day till 8pm on hand paving a driveway. Soo loud—no afternoon naps! It sounded like a kid was stomping down the hall- but it was the pavers. Also they painted over the salad bar in the middle of lunch in front of everyone. People were freaking out—they didn’t do anything about it. We just watched. The next day they repainted the tops of concrete walls (they were like a railing) my mom put hand right in the wet paint – they didn’t have it marked- Wet Paint. (some other lady got it all over her clothes!!)
There was only one heated pool that was supposed to be adult only but all the kids were swimming in it- all the others the heater was broke- freezing!!! Only 3 pool umbrellas. No lighting at night on steps and walkways- older people were tripping and falling.

If you book through Apple Vacations you get credit coupons. They did not have the coupons for Apple Vacations yet at this hotel. I got a massage in Spa- it was great- (Brenda) I used the $40 coupon and paid difference. Then I had a $40, and $20 left for another day…well… next day I got a $35 pedicure. After is was done and they knew I was using the other $40 coupon the manager said sorry but I needed to use the $20 one because they needed to make some kind of money off of the service!! I explained that I wanted to use the $40 one and I owed nothing but a tip to Brenda (she was very good). The manager kept insisting I pay I told them I wasn’t paying because these were from Apple and I said isn’t Apple paying you?.. She finally said ok after a half hour. They need the real coupons and we should be able to get these with out arguing!!!
No plugs in the bathrooms and cold showers again- they kept saying the same thing about the pipes.
There was many other things but we just had to smile and make the best of a resort that wasn’t ready if they even get their act together.

Beautiful resort but....

by TripAdvisor Member chynname

Beautiful resort with amazing ocean view but was still not fully functional and under staffed at the time of our arrival.

rooms: beautifully appointed rooms.. marble floors, heavenly beds, a nice size sofa that can also be use as a bed, amazing ocean view from our room but the bathroom area is an open area (also a bit odd set up) that has frosted glass doors for the commode and the shower also has frosted glass doors.. the tub is by the bed and there's a curtain between the tub and bed that you can pull halfway for privacy.. note: there is also a tub in the balcony that can be kinda cool if you just want to relax in your prvt. balcony

service: inconsistent, slow

restaurants: buffet (very limited food choices) but did have some awesome chicken tamales!!! .. spent most of our time eating at the buffet which was a hit or miss (not really have much choices).. the Italian ala carte (dinner only) was so-so they did not have everything on the menu available and the service was very slow.. Oceana gave us such a hard time and took so long tot seat our party even though they were not full capacity (I gave up and went back to the room to order room service) which was GREAT by the way!! also not all the bar/lounges were open when we were there.

entertainment: we did not see any...

the service is good and the staff tried their best to give great service but can possibly use more support.. the drinks are great @ Rendevouz and we love our bartender Alejandro!!!

I'm was fully aware that the resort just opened and will not have everything fully functional .. I would actually try this resort again but maybe in a year or so...

the good the bad and the ugly

by TripAdvisor Member jeli88

This resort is not quite ready for prime time. Even if I was to go back there are some logistcal probs. that make it uninviting. 1. the lobby is too small and not conducive to socializing with the lobby bar right beside the driveway that comes in. (and too bright) 2. the ocean view rooms face west with the condos curving around in an L shape toward the ocean which essentially blocks out all morning sun until about 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. 3. no swim up bar 4. no washrooms nearby the beach and beach bar too far from beach 5. very little shade or vegetation to make it feel tropical. 6. no night life, places closes down around 9:30 probably due to condo owners rights (although lobby and sushi bar open till 1:00 a.m. And now the details: The good 1: rooms spacious and pillowtop bed nice but sandpaper sheets. 2. sushi bar open and excellent sushi 3.some food above avg for all inclusive, presented nicely and tasted good (steaks, seared tuna, lamb)4.oceanview nice but far away 5. food good from room service but long wait. The Bad 1: only 2 restos open plus buffet (Oceana opened every night and Portofino and El Patio alternating nights) thats 2 restos for 220 guests so if don't get in at the 1st seating at 7:00 have to wait until 9:30 and you are eating by 10: 00. They handed out pagers but most people complained they had problems with them. They eventually opened the Sea Side grill at night to take some of the pressure off. 2. the servers at the restos were understaffed and unknowledgeable about the food they were serving. It takes so long to get your food that people were getting up to get their own menus, water and wine. they would also run out of food, you would order a dessert and half an hour later they would come out and say they don't have it. 3. at the buffet the selection was limited, unlabeled and some things looked downright ugly and inedible, one saving grace was the steaks and in the a.m. the french toast, the eggs at the omelet station were avg. 4. desserts all around were horrible 4.the advertised sofa bed in room is not a sofa bed and does not pull out into a bed, when asked for a cot they brought up a queen size air mattress with sheets 5.the elevators are glass on one side and heat up in the sun making them feel like ovens. 6.hot tub only warm not hot 7.lack of activities, no tennis, pool tables or disco and no swim up bar! 8. bartenders made inconsistent drinks even when tipped and some down at the marlin bar had a bad attitude and not friendly . The Ugly 1. waited over an hour for a meal and all three orders were wrong offending my wife by serving her pork instead of steak 2. child found wandering on driveway after being left at the kids club. 3. conceirge being slapped by guest 4.guests screaming and complaining to the admin staff (a daily occurance) 5. staff trying to eject a couple of rude, loud and obnoxious guests from lobby bar.
tips: 1. try to get off the resort as there is nothing to do there, rent a car and see the sights, get the concierge to shop around for best rate. although there is an Avis desk across from lobby
2. spot a crocodile in the canal across the street 3. spot ray in the surf in a.m. 3. check out PV zoo, get to feed most of the animals and hold baby lions and jags 4. great seafood resto in PV, Langosta Feliz. 5.check out the modern mall with american based chains and fine stores 6. check out quaint small towns like bucerias, salyulito (surfer beach) and san franciso 7. tropic view rooms are in a separate tower and guests complained of the loud generator outside 8.due to unpredictability of restos and poor hours (lunch buffet closes at 5:00 and nothing open till 7:00) we would often order late room service and have a later dinner 9.hang out at the beach, sand nice and free boogie boards and kayak lessons 10. sushi bar open till 1:00 with music playing but no real disco probably because open air and loudness would carry over to condo owners and guests (I could hear the music from my balcony on the 7th floor)

Do yourself a favor.....burn your money instead!

by TripAdvisor Member LOOKJOHN316

If I had knew the truth , I would had never book there. First of all you should be aware that the picture on the web and in the tour operator magazines are misleading about of the hotel facility .All the towers on the right side ,close to the beach which is about the major part of the resort are full time ownership condominium property .The back tower and the one behind of it ,which you don't see are the " Unlimited luxury 5 Stars Dreams Resort .

We have travel in many different countries. We have done much all inclusive resort and it was not the first time we did a new resort. I must say that the Dreams reputation help me in the decision to choice them and not other resorts.
I called the travel agent the week before and she confirms that the resort was in almost full operations because if not the tour operator will not put the package on the market. Even though she called and confirmed the “almost full function” of the resort it was not accurate: The staff were not prepare when we arrive with nothing to welcome absolutely nothing not even a glass of water as our flight was delay (about 6 hours) and got in on the early morning (around 5.30) we got in the “soi-disant Lobby” no chairs to sit ….(they have big square foams ottoman instead of chairs) as you wait forever because they were so confuse. We had 2 rooms , we got one with someone already sleeping in it, :-O and then they got us in a room with not enough beds in to slepp us all (one bed for three people) and they gave us room in total opposite directions and you are with your under age children for Christmas.
I’m telling you it was like that for a lot of people who arrived at the same time then us and it’s was just the beginning of continual lying all week. They told us “Sorry We don’t have 2 rooms side by side and then they gave us room # 1703 and I later (because you have to wait for along time) overheard at the other table they gave them room # 1704 “ Go figure !!!
The recommendation I give you here is when you suppose to get something don't move till you get it!!!!

After a long night of travel We tried to have some food but nothing was open and for a 5 stars hotel it is absolutely not acceptable. Not when you promote an all inclusive 24 hours.
During our stay we find out some of those dead time like if you are too early (before 7) or 11; 30 till 12:30 and between 4:30 and 5 o’clock, so try to picture when you come back from a tour around 5 and you are hungry and very tired, they will tell you to use the room service …but it usually take 1 and ½ hour minimum and sometimes it doesn’t come (It happened)
For a 5 stars resort it is absolutely not acceptable. I always choose hotel with 24 hour service food and drink because you are on holiday you want to eat when you want that is why I paid for a 5 stars. Let’s continue if you haven’t receive your food before the opening of the restaurant which is 7 you will have a big challenge of control because then if you came downstairs to eat you will wait for hours because the 3 first days of our stay there were only 2 restaurants open, the buffet which was college cafeteria and not nutritious at all basically no salads and very limited portions of fruits.
The best part was their cappuccino until the next morning they told me the machine was broken and just when I got to leave I saw someone with a cappuccino in hand .The staff was overload that they start lying because they had no time to serve you. I confront one of them and I told him that for me the coffee is very important and I can past the food but I love your good coffee and how comes I saw someone with a cup and now you told me it’s broken please don’t try that with me and I suggest him to put it in an other cup and then he told me the truth(.By the way tips was not an issue as we always planned large amount during our stay as we know it provide a big difference in all the services you received.)
We had not enough sitting on lunch and breakfast, on three mornings I ate on the corner of a table of 4 (5 stars not for what I paid) .They could not prepare a proper table as there were no room and it was the only restaurant open.
They were under staff , the servers were running and I mentioned running because they really run to get you the best service they could and they were sweating , pearl of sweat going down their face as they serve you it was very stressful and absolutely not what you expected from a 5 stars hotel. We even got more generous with the tipping as they were as much victims as us.

I must share with you that we were not the only people having trouble with all those situations and it was very hard to stay positive as a lot of people were complaining. It was like a “negative spirit virus” going around and we try to do the best of all the situations that happened and should had not happened in a 5 stars resort.

Here are the nuts and bolts

- Restaurants were not open as stated even when mentioned on their daily food and beverage information’s
- Food was college cafeteria standard at best and some occasion a shortage of it.
- In the hotel directory it is mentioned our choice of “A la carte” but denied in the restaurant for every breakfast and lunch (World Café)
- Service absent from any form at the restaurants (no water, short of cutely, serve ourselves for coffee…)
- Activities were absents, nightly entertainment (if you consider a football game projected on a wall as nightly entertainment )was taking place at 7:30 for 1; not to upset the condo’s owner with the noise and 2nd ; to get some form of activities to those one who had to wait hours in line to access the restaurant randomly open.
- Equipment supposedly new already out of order, (Euro-Bungee, ocean trampoline) and they keep advertised it on the daily Activities and Entertainment.
- All restaurant close between 11:30 till 12:30 and 4:30 till 7:00 You could order to the room but the service took minimum 1 ½ hour or never came(It happened)
- At the beach only 10 “Mexican Umbrellas “were available but they belong to condo’s owner..beware...if somebody with a white towel is mad at you you will know why (Hotel guess are using blue towels)
- No windsurfing as promoted in All Inclusive Features
- For 2 days we got in one of the room only one bed for 3 people
- Promote Big Menu Gala Dinner for Christmas, not respecting their menu and not even enough food during the dinner.
- Presence of kids and toddler in their “Only Adult Hot Tub and Pool”
- Promoted in the Hotel brochure “hors d’oeuvres and cafes flambé for our enjoyment but nothing at all during our stay
- On many occasions(Breakfast and lunch) we had no sitting for 5 people, because it was the only restaurant opened
- No CD/DVD as mentioned in Features
- No windsurfing or bicycle tour as promoted in Welcome Kit
- We felt a lot of stress because guest and staff were so unhappy of all kind of situations.

To conclude with a positive note the room were absolutely gorgeous, beds felt like a cloud.

The beach was awesome
The ocean warm
The temperature perfect

You can take the bus for $2 and go to PV instead of $32 taxi ride for a family of 5
I recommend Bucerias for a visit or shopping trip ($ 15 taxi for 5)it's in the north of the resort.
There is a nice shopping mall at Paradise Village for 10 minutes bus ride for $1.20

Even though all those unexpected adventure it was a great time for the family but I will never recommend this resort to anyone and I will certainly not go back there but will go back to PV anytime

LOVED IT!

by TripAdvisor Member schicago

So we were a little nervous about the place because of some of the negative reviews and the fact that we were treating both our sets of parents to the vacation. We've done only one other all-inclusive before but have stayed in many 5-6 star hotels/ resorts during our travels. We are in our early 30s (from downtown Chicago) and they in their early 60s. But everyone had a great time. The rooms were beautiful although at first I was weirded out by the glass partitions for the toilet and shower; but in reality, it was not really less private than a "normal" bathroom door. We had to be careful with the shower wand to not let water get through to the toilet area (we ended up just putting a towel to soak up water). Maid service was fine except for when we first checked in- they did not take care of the cigarette butts left on the patio by the prior guests. However, they noticed half a carrot stick I dropped after dinner on the patio one night. We would not have noticed any other deficiencies had we not had other family staying in other rooms. One room didn't have room slippers, we didn't get turn down service regularly... other very minor things which didn't really bother us. The jacuzzi on the patio was very nice to have. The FOOD: GREAT! In contrast to some other reviews, all 6 of us were delighted by the food- breakfast, lunch, dinner. Even my father-in-law who is a self proclaimed VERY picky eater basically ate everything he was served- said some of the food was the "best" he'd had in a while, or his whole life (!). The breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent with a large variety of choices. True, there weren't labels but you can easily ask any of the servers standing behind the counter what it was. We didn't have to wait to get into the restaurants but we made sure to be there around 7pm to get seated. It would be nice if they opened earlier since the entertainment usually started at 7pm and you basically had to choose between the two or you risk waiting even longer for a restaurant dinner. We had the buffet dinner the last night and it was perfectly fine. As a point of reference, my husband and I have eaten at the best restaurants in Chicago (top rated Zagat; James Beard winners) and thought the food was solid with beautiful presentation. Of course if you had to wait a long time, I be annoyed no matter how decent the food was. However, the resort definitely needs more wait staff. For some reason there weren't enough waiters to keep the flow of service. They waiters that were working worked their butts off but one or two waiters (plus a few busboys/ other staff) for a whole restaurant made for slow service. The restaurants were beautifully done. We ordered room service for dinner and it was great! (although it took a while for us to get it since there was only one delivery person that evening). The beach was great, not too crowded with shade provided. Waitstaff came regularly around to get drink orders. The infinity pool apparently was having issues and was not heated. However, it didn't really matter to any of us since the other pools were heated. The bars were great, the bartenders were great- large repertoire of drinks; very friendly, open to chatting. The entertainment was OK- the entertainment staff did their best to get people involved during the day but it was spotty at times. I did the yoga in the morning a few times and it was great. The evening activities were OK- again the timing of dinner and the scheduled evening activities needs to be worked out better. Also, there's no formal stage. Overall, the staff were fabulous- very nice, attentive but not overly obsequious; anytime we needed anything, we just called and it was taken care of right away. We did tip here and there but only as a recognition of their service, not an incentive. We never felt they expected it. In general- we had a great time, tried to approach the place with some patience and understanding and not get worked up about anything (afterall, it is vacation), and were very pleased. Again, some things can be better but that goes for everything.

PRETTY AWESOME STAY!

by TripAdvisor Member shayrez

Me and my gf stayed from Jan 2 - 10 . Garden View. We are ages 18 and 19. Most of the people staying there were older adults.

The place is awesome.. really big and clean
ALL the staff are very friendly and helpful
the rooms are amazing aswell as the views
the beach is clean
would recommend this hotel for almost anyone..
There is not much entertainment however the entertainment leader 'Angelo' will take you to clubs downtown at a extra charge.
Its worth it.

The room service is very slow usually about 1 hour. And half the time you recieve the food it is cold.

Most of the restaurants have very fancy food ex. Duck, Goose etc...
You can get normal food through room service and they do have some burgers at a restuarant.
It is about 20min away from downtown.
and about 5 min away from the adventure center where all the tours are.
We booked the Dolphil tour which honestly wasnt worth the money
and we booked ' Rhythms of the Night' which was awesome!
If you are booked here dont be worried. It was awesome.
We took over 200 pictures if anyone wants to see them you can find them on my facebook. Send me a message here and I will link you to them.

Nice Hotel but won't return...

by TripAdvisor Member Leigh-Anne333

Our family stayed here from December 27th - January 3rd. I have to say first off that the hotel rooms are the nicest I have ever seen - amazing. The staff was fabulous at every part of the resort and the drinks were great. But...well we ended up switching hotels for our second week because we didn't really like the food and we were really bored.
We heard of a lot of people getting sick here which I think was partly because it was so new. I lost weight here as i was scared to eat their food. They had some great things in the buffet but not a big selection and really nothing for children. I had to go to walmart to get food for my 1 year old as everything was too rich for him. The restaurant food is very good but you may want to bring a flashlight for a few of them, you couldn't see the menu or your food. And i was really angry that the buffett was closed our last night. Totally closed. Really not acceptable.
There is really no where to hang out at night either, we ended up sitting in the lobby every night and there is no where you can play games or cards...really no where for my family to relax other then the room...and the lobby is really chilly at night.
The pools were nice but the end one, which is by far the nicest, was not heated so it was empty pushing all the kids to the other two. The adults pool was not an adult pool but with the end one being so cold there wasn't really much of an option. You are also sharing the pool with the condo owners who have the white towels so there are alot of people for the two pools. I did love the lounges at the pool. Very comfy. Pool side service is fantastic for drinks.
We didn't use the beach that much. There is no bathrooms at all down there which is hard with a baby. There was acutally only one bathroom I could use with the stroller as all the others had stairs.
Overall, I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it. It was alot of money and I really didn't find it was worth it. There is no mexican feel to the resort. No shows, really no activities, no flowers or greenery whatsoever...just not what I expected.
If you are looking for a gorgeous room and a very quiet vacation then you will probably like it. We stayed at the Vallarta Palace the second week and we loved it. Amazing hotel.

Loved the view and beach!

by TripAdvisor Member MurielSactoCa

Just returned to cold Northern Calilfornia after spending a very relaxing week at Dreams. We were so pleased with the size of our room, the wonderully comfortable king size bed, down comforter, huge pillows, the flat screen TV, soaking tub, large shower, double vanity sink, 2 piece sofa sectional, balcony with bistro table and sunken jaccuzzi tub on the balcony. Better than all the comforts of home (we don't have an ocean view).
Weather was perfect 80-84 degrees all week. Spent mornings on the beach in a lounge chair, under a palapa or in the sun, playing in the warm ocean or walking on the beach. Afternoons we went to the pool to relax some more. Be sure to bring a light sweater or wrap for evenings, and guys need to pack a pair of slacks for some of the retaurants in the evenings.
The restaurants were very good. Recomend the world cafe for breakfast and lunch, but not dinner. Try all the others for a real dinner treat and wonderful seafood, steaks and Mexican food and northern Italian food. (Oh and don't forget the sushi bar) The waitstaff are very pleasant, but became quckly overwhelmed when a restuarant filled up and or had large parties. There were 7 of us, and we noted 2 wedding parties with many more people. One night we all chose the same restaurant, and management had not prepared for that. It was crazy...but you're on vacation, so sit back, have another cocktail and be patient!
If you are looking for a wild party scene and high energy entertainment resort, don't pick Dreams. It is very low key in comparison to others we have visited. We were happy to have things quiet by 9-10 pm.
Bar and bar wait staff were very accomodating, but they did run out of Jack Daniels on our last day (: , but we managed to survive. Good cocktail service on the beach too.
We found no reviews when we first booked our trip and then the night before we left, read some that were not very positive. A trip is what you make it., This is not a 5 star resort yet, but with some more training with their staff and practicce it will be. We really did enjoy our stay and would recomend it to others in the future. Enjoy your vacation and just Dream!

Comments