Paseo De Las Moras #1, Fracc., Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, 63735, Mexico

Satisfaction Average

More about Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta

Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta

We have had two family holidays here and are returning again this December. The grandchildren had a wonderful time in the never-ending pools where there was always space to sit at the pool-edge. The service was excellent and we enjoyed the food and drink sevices. We like the space to walk on the beach and around the resort. If you can't walk too far the resort carts will take you where you need to go. We can't wait for our next visit.

Mayan Palace Nuevo

by TripAdvisor Member sweetipie

Just back from a weeks vacation at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta. Really impressed as we first arrived but when taken to our suite not so impressed-actually quite upset after the glorious description by the timeshare exchange over the phone. View from our room very nice but not oceanview as described. Went to the timeshare presentation and purchased a resale timeshare at a very fair price. We already own other timeshares and like the concept. Now once we are owners of a Mayan unit we are upgraded right across the hall to an oceanview room. Same rooms, same amenities, different view. Could not have been happier!We spent the entire week just deciding if we should sit by the pool or by the ocean. Ocean water much warmer than the pool. The Mayan staff was better on all counts than any other 5 star hotel we have ever stayed at. I really recommend this vacation. You won't be disappointed. We found Pipi's in Puerto Vallarta so good that we went into town twice to eat there.Vallarta Adventures, Swim with the Dolphins and Rythmns of the Night are not to be missed.The Mayan Palace has a Doctor on staff 24 hours and we had occasion to use him for 2 different reasons. Found he was available at Midnight and also at 1:45 a.m.. Charges were reasonable and service was great! Security at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo is top-drawer! Go and enjoy!!

Great Stay for our big group

My wife and I, along with 7 children, ages 7 - 20 stayed one week at the Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta in late March - early April. The grounds were immaculate, spacious, gorgeous and quiet. The huge swimming pool was an absolute hit for all the kids. Plenty of chairs pool-side made lounging very comfortable. We ate lunch meals most days at the poolside cafe - pretty reasonable prices and the food was satisfactory. The main restaurants (2) provided great atmosphere, above average food, and prices below upscale dining in US, except for their theme dinners (we always had other plans, but they looked like great fun and food). A trip to town for groceries provided breakfast in our suite. The ocean proved to have good swelling surf for body-surfing and boogie board riding (also a hit!). The rooms were well furnished, extremely clean, new, and very comfortable. We did not experience pressure from the staff towards time-share, but had stayed one night at another hotel before arriving. We went through their pitch, and under Mexican law, after one pitch they can't pitch you again on time shares (so we were in the clear when we arrived at MP - Hint: mention you just went through a pitch when approached). The valet staff was very attentive and prompt with the rental car to the door and our bags. The resort overall was tremendous. The location is somewhat remote from Puerto Vallarta but buses are available to town, ranging from not so good to a/c Mercedes buses. Cab fare downtown is not overly expensive (around $12 US one way). We rented a car/jeep for the week for groceries and buzzing around. Bring US currency and make the exchange there in town. Don't expect to cash Pesos back to US at the hotel. We would certainly return to another Mayan Palace based upon our experience at MP NV.

MAGNIFICENT!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sandiajjr

My family and I stayed at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta from June 13, 2003 thru June 20, 2003, and we didn't want to leave! The resort is incredibly beautiful. The resort is in its own little microcosm. I stopped at the Puerto Vallata Mayan Palace and it can't compare. The beach access offered in Puerto Vallarta is peanuts compared to the Nuevo Vallarta resort. In addition, the water park at the Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace was damaged during the hurricane last year, and it is currently shut down and due to relocate to the Nuevo Vallarta Mayan Palace. Construction is still underway at the Nuevo Vallarta Mayan Palace, but in no way did that create any problems during my visit.I couldn't take my four-year-old son out of the pool. The size is incredible! My 13-year-old enjoyed boogie boarding at the beach every day. The boogie boards can be rented for free by the pool side for a two-hour period.I only have good things to say about this resort with the only exception being the high cost of the food & beverage and laundry service. However, this is usually the case with most hotels. If you have any specific questions you would like answered, you can email me directly at sandia_rodriguez@hotmail.com.

Great Travel Experience!

I stayed at the Mayan Palace last summer, and I must say that this is one of the few hotels that goes the extra mile. Every hotel I've stayed in (including some in New York and Madrid) haven't even come close to making me feel as accomodated as the Mayan Palace. The enourmous pool that literally takes 5 minutes to walk from one end to the other (I timed it) is a great main attraction and the food served there is spectacular. I was shocked to find that the best and juiciest burger that I've ever eaten was served at the pool-side cafe. The waiters there by the pool would learn who you are and tend to you by name, bringing you piña coladas at any moment's notice. The maids in the hotel would go as far as to fold swans out of the towels in the bathrooms and roses out of the tissue by the sink just to make things a little nicer for you. Overall, my experience at this hotel was a fantastic one. To this day, my father still uses the phrase, "...not quite as nice as the Mayan Palace..." whenever we travel, which definately proves that this place was worth the stay; especially since my father is very hard to please. I would highly recommend staying a this resort, and I hope that whoever takes this advice has the same pleasurable experience that I did.

Had a wonderful time!

Just returned from a week at the Mayan Palace in Neuvo Vallarta and it was absolutely fantastic, definitely in my top 5 vacations and I would definitely return. Was not hassled AT ALL by timeshare sales. The staff were friendly and attentive, the even took the time to learn our names. The grounds are immaculate, the food was great. Lots of activities for the children and very family and couple oriented. Can't wait to return!!

Outstanding place to Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member pthinkrs

Out recent stay at the mayan palace in Nuevo Vallarta was just wonderful!Everyone was extremely pleasant and they went out of their way to assist us.The room were nice and the maid service was outstanding.I'd skip the chinese buffet at Bakal as they haven't quite mastered chinese cooking there, but overall the food was good and not too expensive.I would definitely return to this location again as it was truly a terrific place to visist.

Great vacation spot

We vacationed with a family who had a time share at the Mayan Palace. The Palace is truly a good description. Everything is top of the line.The people are all friendly and helpful. The rooms are very big and everything you need is there. An oceanview is wonderful to wakeup to in the morning or see the stars at night. The hotel is close enough to a marina to walk or take the courtesy shuttle bus. The marina offers swimming with the dolphins that was our once in a lifetime experience. We highly suggest it. The pool is the longest in Mexico, and has lots to do. We finally took their sales tour and since we liked everything so much we got a timeshare unit for ourselves.

Puerto Peñasco (AKA) Rocky Point

by smokinggenie

"A place to get away from it all........"

What a wonderful place...I drove down here from Lukeville, Arizona which is about a 60 mile drive south ....the views are breathtaking. Wide open spaces and dot the landscape. The best hotel, in my opinion to stay at, is the Mayan Palace. (However this is a Timeshare Resort...you if you are lucky enough, like me, to know someone who is not using there week here...take it!) You will never want to leave the resort. They have everything you will need to forget all your worries and just find yourself again. The service is top notch...although you will pay slightly more.. (on average $700 a week)...it's well worth the experience of being here. And yes, they do have a Cyber Cafe on site for all of you would just can't go with out it. Or just relax in the Jacuzzi, or one of the many pools...either inside or out. The spa is wonderful...I recommend the four hand massage! The beaches are quite amazing...white sandy beach and most of it undeveloped for miles. The weather is a bit humid...but very warm...ranging from about 80 to over 100 degrees. The people here are extremely friendly and helpful. Such a beautiful place to be!

Puerto Vallarta

by RickKeiser

"Timeshare Mecca"

We visited Puerto Vallarta without the knowledge that it was a huge timeshare market place. We don't mind scheduling presentations and managed to do 5 in 6 days! We haven't purchased yet, but likely will one of these days. What was remarkable is that we actually came home with more money than we spent!!! The typical incentives ranged from $250 to $350 for our visits with each timeshare presentations. The most usual incentive was two vouchers for 18-holes of golf. The courses in PV are usually around $125-175 greens fees for morning tee times so we played three rounds of golf entirely free over the course of the week. As well, we had a slate of activities we were expecting to do - dinner cruise, booze cruize, snorkeling cruise, dinners at two very nice restaurants, some shows, and even began haggling for just $$$ as we neared the last days of our stay. The cash was even in US$.
Puerto Vallarta is a wonderfully quaint area of Mexico, not quite so touched by the commercialization as Cancun and we truly enjoyed our stay. The Mayan Palace was exceptional and we visited the Mayan Nuevo Palace as well and would have enjoyed that stay equally as well. The town is loaded with scads of great restaurants.
The timeshare street people were sometimes bothersome, but also were eager to deal.
Sidenote - PV boasts one of Mexico's finest water distillery plants and we never had any issues with drinking the water.

What is the Best All Inclusive Resort?

by suzisunshine

Which is the best all inclusive resort in Mexico?

Re: What is the Best All Inclusive Resort?

by mjd74

Let me begin by saying that I am not a fan of all inclusive, and can only comment about Puerto Vallarta in terms of Mexico.

I would have to say all of them are pretty good for the most part, but the ones that stand out are Mayan Palace and Paradise Villiage.

avoid the Alegro.

Re: What is the Best All Inclusive Resort?

by TXgal

I havn't found a bad one yet! Club Med in Cancun was awesome!

Re: Re: What is the Best All Inclusive Resort?

by YVRDave

With out a doubt The Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen.
There are better hotels but they are not All-inclusive.

Re: Re: What is the Best All Inclusive Resort?

by MexTraveler

In CanCun the all suite with private Jacuzzi Moon Palace is a very nice one.
Sit down restaurants by reservation only include Mexican and Japanese. Buffet bars are nice too if you don't want to bother making reservations or dressing up. Well stocked with water and beer frigobar in your suite.
There's good service and not long waits for drinks or food.
Pool side service is available, or you can swim up for you drinks.

There are other palace resorts in CanCun but there’s definitely a difference on the restaurants. The price difference is worth.

Mexico - where best spend New Year's Eve?

by irinasimone

Hello everybody,

I'd be very grateful for suggestions of where to spend New Year's Eve best!
We'll get our car in Mexico City on 29th December, plan to go to Teotihuacan first, then is the question where to start to on the 30th to be on a nice place with other travellers or a good location for the 31st!

So in 1 day's distance from Teotihuacan?
(the general destination is Cancun - for directions).

Thanks very much for your help!

Irina from Austria

by Aquino46

Have you considered Acapulco?

It's a little over 3 hours from Mexico City. I spent New Years there a few years back. The Princess hotel had a huge Mexican themed New Years party with fireworks at the sea and everything. There are also plenty of tourists there. The Public areas of the hotel are nice, but the rooms are a little dated. I suggest you stay at the nearby Mayan Palace.

by gomexico

Guidebooks, and the excellent resources posted by members here at VT are where I suggest you concentrate your planning efforts. We don't know you, your likes, etc., and aren't going to be reliable trip planners for you. Its your trip, afterall. I do wonder why you're renting a car for the trip, though, because bus travel is probably going to be more convenient, and certainly less expensive. New Years is a very busy time of the year for travel in the country, so prepare yourself for difficulty finding lodging, long lines, higher prices, etc., except, of course, if you're limiting yourself to Mexico City and that vicinity . . . because it'll seem as everybody left town but forgot to turn the lights out. Enjoy the trip!

by Reynald

San Miguel de Allende is just 3 1/2 hrs from Mexico City

by irinasimone

THANK YOU!!! :-)

acapulco was about to be our next stop anyway, so it's perfect if you can recommend it at the time of year!

Thanks for making plans easier! and of course we are planning our trip on our own, but still I always find it very helpful to consider other traveller's experiences...

have a good day!