Fiesta Inn Nuevo Laredo

Quality Inn Nuevo Laredo
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Nuevo Laredo

Plaza de Toros, Nuevo Laredo, MexicoPlaza de Toros, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico

Left side of Guerrero St. if coming from bridge 1Left side of Guerrero St. if coming from bridge 1

We paid them $8.00 to sing to me!We paid them $8.00 to sing to me!

Nuevo LaredoNuevo Laredo

???what bridge???

by SenorSmith

Hello I have been traveling to mx for years and have allways passed threw the #2 bridge being that Nuevo Larado is having so many problems i would like to know if the World Trade Bridge is safe to cross and is the road that takes me to the toll road that go's to monterey safe. I allready have my personal and vehicle permits so bassically all i want to do is get threw Nuevo Larado the fastest.

Re: ???what bridge???

by Gatopardo

We tried #3 Colombia bridge last time. It's on the west, outside the city. Lots of traffict, but a little more organization.

Re: ???what bridge???

by Gatopardo

There's a website where they show the flow of the bridges in both sides, I am still thinking that the best way to go through Nuevo Laredo the fastest is not going tthrough Nuevo Laredo at all.

Try the close border crossings and you will notice a difference:

Travel Tips for Nuevo Laredo

When shopping, remember this...

by kaluvzmc

Sometimes you do not realize, especially if you're a tourist coming into Neuvo Laredo (like I was and I didn't think of this at first either), but the things you buy there are mostly made by poor children who's parents send them on the streets to make an extra couple of dollars to feed their families, buy them clothes, etc. so I think it's okay to buy there stuff, but if you are buying from a small child, make sure to pay them what they deserve because usually they will take whatever they can get. The best memory I had from Nuevo Laredo actually comes from my reasoning for writing this tip. I was walking down the main streets and there were so many people with their carts trying to sell you stuff, but there was this one little girl sitting on the curb with a bunch of dolls and I know she was making them herself and she asked me if I would buy one and I asked her how much and she said $1? $2? so I ended up giving her $3 for the doll because I felt so bad for her.

Nuevo Laredo

by KARLPORTER56

The only Time I ever ventured into Mexico was in 1975.. We drove down from San Antonio while I was in the Air Force.. It was an interesting trip to say the least..3 naive kids training to be security policeman .1 guy was from Wilmington N.C., Craig,was a hunter.. he had a bunch of shotgun shells and he didn't think about them until we got close to the Laredo border.. He decided to dump them..The border crossing was pretty uneventful but since this was our first time leaving the U.S. for any of us we decided to play it safe.. We drove around Nuevo Laredo for awhile actually drove south of the city and decided to drive back..We were immediately approched by people trying to sell us stuff.. but for 3 dumb kids from the south who accidently walked into an all-Mexican Bar in San Antonio the night before..where the place went silent... and everybody stared at us.. fortunately we 3 gringos were saved by a benevolent ex-Air Force veteran of Mexican descent..We were not willing to push our luck anymore.. sounds dumb and cowardly but we never got out of the car..We spent an hour or 2 in Mexico and then headed back to Texas..To the good ole' USA

Exciting Nightlife and fun shopping

by RileyPowell

I have visited Nuevo Laredo many times and have always enjoyed the nightlife and the shopping. After crossing the bridge at the end of I-35, either on foot or in a vehicle (make sure you have Mexico insurance), go straight ahead to the main shopping district. The shops start right at the bridge and continue for many blocks. There are several bars,restaurants and street vendors in this area. If you turn right from the Mexican check point lot, pass the first Pemex station and then take the next right, go under the R.R. overpass and take the next right, the entrance to the walled party area called "Boystown" will be on your left. There are several bars in this compound and it's FUN! A little farther down the street from the entrance to Boystown is a small motel. If you walk across the bridge to Mexico, Taxis are waiting at the end of the bridge to take you to "Boystown", the bull fight arena near "Boystown", or where ever you want to go. Agree on the price BEFORE you get into the taxi. In the shops, you can haggle over the prices and almost always buy at less than the original price, especially if you start to walk away.

Comments