Blvd. Luis Donaldo Colosio 5939, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, 88275, Mexico
HIExpress.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Nuevo Laredo

Bullfight, Nuevo Laredo, MexicoBullfight, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico

Straight down Guerrero St. (notice the cart)Straight down Guerrero St. (notice the cart)

Nuevo LaredoNuevo Laredo

Nuevo LaredoNuevo Laredo

bus departures from Reynosa/N Laredo to Guanajuato?

by cjklock

How frequently & what buses depart for Guanajuato?
AEF, sister for Greyhound, stops in Leon, at a flagstop. Where is this address & is it open early & safe? Is it close to a terminal to catch a Flecha Amarilla?

Re: bus departures from Reynosa/N Laredo to Guanajuato?

by Reynald

TRavel by "Omnibus de Mexico" to Leon and then transbord in the same terminal to GUanajuato is just a short trip from Leon to Guanajuato.
But is a very long trip from Reynosa to Leon and cost like $540 Pesos (50 USD)

Do you consider better FLY in a low cost airline? Interjet fly from Monterrey to Guadalajara for $110 USD and from there to Guanajuato is just 3 hrs

Alma.com.mx fly either to Guadalajara but from Reynosa and the cost is like 170 USD

Travel Tips for Nuevo Laredo

If you're bored and up for a road trip.

by misty_lynne

"Road Trip!"

While living in TX for 3 months, a friend from OK came down for a visit. She'd never been to Mexico and I hadn't been to Nuevo Laredo yet, so in the truck we go. It was a decent ways down there from San Angelo, but worth it (I suppose).

The roads were pretty vacant on this summer's day. Getting down there and back wasn't troublesome (this side of the border).

There's a GREAT vineyard on the TX-side that I highly advocate going to. The tour and tasting were better than I found in Northern California.
Have a fun (and safe) trip.

Some of the locals who were selling candy (as part of their drug rehab counseling as they told us) insisted on "showing" us around. Sorry, but I'm a skeptic and opted not to partake in their tour. But that's gonna be your own personal call.

Nuevo Laredo

by damaris05

"Mexican Border City"

Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas is the home of my parents. I lived here for the first three years of my life and then moved to Laredo, TX so my older brother could start school there. Nuevo Laredo keeps getting more and more violent each year unfortunately, but there are still some good-spirited people that will be friendly to outsiders. I'm not very quick at adding tips but if you have any questions you can always ask me. I visit Nuevo Laredo often with my family and I know many things about the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will soon begin a travelogue to tell you all about my Christmas Mission Trip Experience down there. Come back soon!

OH MY GOSH!!!
IT SNOWED ON CHRISTMAS EVE WHILE I WAS THERE!!!
IT NEVER SNOWS THERE!!!
(and what are the odds that it'll snow ON Christmas eve??!)
TOTALLY CRAZY!

"The Service"

The purpose this trip in Dec. 2004 was to share Christ and a Christmas Meal with the people of East Nuevo Laredo where poverty is striking! Behind us, you see where the poor mission church stands. Here we held a Christmas service, sang songs, and fed over 200 people Menudo and corn tortillas. There were also Goodie Bags and a Piñata for the kids. More pictures to come on the travelogues.
[I'm the funny-looking one in the black shirt..heehee]

"The Shopping"

We also went shopping, which was lots of fun cause I got to bust out my Bargaining Skills and teach the other kids how to use them... oh yeah! I'm a baller! Anyway, I was really excited about bargaining cause I hadn't done it since the trip to Dominican Republic so I got to freshen up my skills! Ooh!! I got a Hammock, a pair of earrings for a friend (its her christmas present-shh!), a Parrot that will be hanging on my ceiling shortly... I don't know what to call him... got any ideas??, and I got some gum from this really poor guy i felt sorry for, and a name bracelet that says DAMARIS on it... thats a really funny story behind it.. i'll share it in my travelogues

Shopping was fun!

N.L. Christmas Mission Trip

by damaris05

"Watch out for them 'Bandidos'!"

On Dec. 18th, Mom and Dad dropped my little brother, my 'cousin' Alyssa, and Me at Abuelita and Abuelito 's house. Early Sunday morning they drove back to Belton in order to bring the rest of the group down.

The Nights were SO Cold. During the day the sun was warm though and it felt good. Alyssa and I had a lot of fun with the video camera... we made our own little movie of our life in Nuevo Laredo.

The first evening we went to a restaurant called "Taquitos Rabi" and these men came in and played songs for us. It was so cool!

This is a cute picture of the three of us with my Grandpa's sombreros and guns.

"SURPRISE!!!!"

DAY 1:

The group arrived well at around 3 o'clock on Monday afternoon. I had gotten on the roof of my grandparents' house earlier to get reception for my phone in order to call my mom and see where they were. She informed me that it was Rachel's 15th birthday and they wanted to throw her a surprise birthday party. We had already put balloons up and signs to welcome the group so it looked nice and festive. Once they arrived, my mom told me that the girls were talking about making her a Quinceañera dress out of toilet paper. See, in the Hispanic culture, when the girl turns 15, its a big thing! So my mom sent me off to see what I could find in order to make this celebration more... big for her. I went to my aunt's house and asked her if she had a crown or a bouquet of flowers.... she said she had neither but she had a dress.... turns out it was the PERFECT FIT! Wow! How cool... She said she'd fix it up for me and I let her know I'd return later to pick it up. I went to my cousin's house and asked if I could borrow her quinceañera crown and bouquet (which I forgot to return... whoops!). She allowed me to take them... I hid them, and about an hour later I returned for the dress. After dinner, We told Rachel about the big surprise; we dressed her up, crowned her and let her hold the flowers. She looked precious... *tear* We took pictures in the living room and brought her out to the dining room where the cake and Piñata waited for her! She was so excited!! The rest of the night we spent it breaking the piñata and playing other fun kid games like hide-and-go-seek and Sardines in the dark. It was so much fun!

"Preparing for Evening Service"

DAY 2:

Tuesday morning, we got up, had breakfast, and got to work. That night we were going to a poor neighborhood on the west side of Nuevo Laredo to hold a Christmas service, a Meal, and hand out Goody Bags to the children. We prepared about 200 bags with all kinds of candy plus an orange and some pecans. At first, we had a hard time getting organized, but we learned that if we each separate into groups that hold different jobs, things will go a whole lot faster. So that's what we did!

TEAM WORK!