Fiesta Inn Veracruz Playa

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Save your money...

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 12, 2005

This is an overpriced property that just couldn't get a thing right. The first night our room seemed warm, and the AC wouldn't stay on, but it cooled down enough that we didn't care. By the next morning we realized the problem. We were in a wind tunnel! There was a 1/2 inch gap in the sliding door and there is a sensor so the AC won't go on. Well, the wind was whistling through and it sounded like one of the three hurricanes we had here in Orlando last year. Also, the TV sound had a broken speaker and was distorted.

Next, they move us to another room. Well, the high speed access (which they charge $20 per night for) didn't work, and my husband needed to get online for business reasons. They tried and tried and still couldn't get it to work, so they put us in another room upgrading us to a suite this time. But in the new room, the high speed is out also. We knew it wasn't our computer, because it worked fine in the first room. Anyway, they finally had my husband use another room when he needed to use his computer, because that whole floor was out. I must say that the concierge and business center staff was very professional and accomodating, though.

As for the accomodations themselves, if they were 40% less per night, I would have been satisfied. But this is not a $140 per night hotel, in my experience. The beach was cared for, but looked dirty nonetheless. The pool was very nice, though, and the restaurants were quite good, if overpriced. I would look to one of the other options and save some money.

Directions: On the beach in Boca del Rio

Nearby Fiesta Inn Veracruz Playa

Fiesta Inn Veracruz Playa

• Veracruz Playa Fiesta Inn
  • Fiesta Hotel Veracruz
  • Fiesta Inn Veracruz Boca Del Rio Hotel Veracruz

Address: Prolongacin Boulevard Manuel Avila Camacho S/N, Fraccionamiento Costa de Oro, Veracruz,94299, Mexico

Amenities at Fiesta Inn Veracruz Playa

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Veracruz Travel Forum

Need advice about Veracruz, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Veracruz and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Veracruz hotel reviews