Veracruz Hotels

Our Members Say

• alza profile photo alza
  • Reviews: 347

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Real Caribe: my place

I rented by the month, it was slightly more than I wanted to pay but I wanted to be in Centro and get to speak Spanish as much as possible. This so I could leave for South America as soon as I was proficient enough. It all worked out very well.
It took lots of effort and patience on my part to make my 2-room place livable but I really got to like it there and was a bit sorry to leave on 30 October, to get back to Oaxaca and start my long trip south.

Since there is no hostel in Veracruz, I guess I might recommend the Real Caribe for a short stay. I was in what the Manager called The Penthouse, had a huge terrace to myself on top of the room etc. But I only enjoyed it cuz I had it cleaned, then cleaned it my way, and fixed it up a bit. Rooms on the 2nd Floor were all too small and neglected for my taste. They have balconies though, on the noisiest intersection for polluting city buses in town. Be warned. I tried to learn Spanish by listening to the TV but I only managed to improve my lip-reading. Too bad, I had full cable and was amazed at how interesting TV is when there is no computer in the room.

Location location location! Great view on the Gulf of Mexico and on the city.

Another outstanding characteristic of my room was the face-cloth-size sink in the bathroom. The faucet was too short nevertheless, and set too far back, so the best way to wash my hands was to rub them along the sink wall where the drops slowly fell.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 24, 2005
Tip Photo

by the window

• IceBear7 profile photo IceBear7
  • Reviews: 500
Hotel Amparo: Hotel Amparo

Nothing spectacular, but a good place if you need some peace and quiet after sharing a hostel dorm with 11 others. A boring hotel, but clean, close to the harbour and the zócalo, big bed, fan (!!) and good bathroom.

I did not check out the premises in the neighbourhood though, table dance and men-only-clubs – convenient for sailors :-)

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written January 18, 2003

• mocca profile photo mocca
  • Reviews: 351
Hotel Santander: a very nice hotel

After searching we came upon this hotel and the price seemed ok.
It still was $30US a night, but there wasn't anything cheaper there at the moment. But we got what we paid for. Big room with two big beds, a tv with lot's of channels and an airco.
It does look a bit worn out at some hallways, but the rooms still are worth the money,m just expect to pay more than this during high season.

The rooms are big, very big. and acros the street from the entrance is the Malecon.

• Opinion of Price: about average