Chicxulub Hotels

Our Members Say

• ariesharris profile photo ariesharris
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

AcrHome Rentals

This is more of a renter beware, we rented a home through Acrhomes and got screwed. I have booked and put a deposit on a vacation rental in Chicxulub for Christmas time. I have recently been told by the booking agent, he has bumped up to another rental, against my wishes. I am very distraught by this I have purchased 8 airline tickets and would not choose to go to this location for it not for the house we booked. He has moved up to fill the space for three months. I have repeatedly stated we do not want to move to another location, the only reason we booked with him was for this house. Our back is against the wall and would like some assistance in this matter. Can you PLEASE help.

We finally got to Mexico, after a very long and horrible experience with the airline and going though Mexico City. The house was GEORGEOUS, however when we got there the agent from Archomes was trying to charge us way over what was agreed upon. We were supposed to have $500 off our rental for the inconvience of being bumped, but that was not honored and then he was trying to charge us for the upgrade which was forced upon us. The upgrade was supposed to be free with an add'l $500 off. My husband told him we would only pay the original amount we booked for the original house.

Again the house was beautiful, but it was not prepared for people, nothing was taken out for guest, we had to go through bags in the pantry for pans and bowls and silverware. There were new plates and cups, but they were in the boxes still. There were absolutely no amenities. No toaster, microwave, coffeemaker, radio, television (when you are going with 5 kinds, I mean come on) nothing at all. We had 6 and I mean only 6 towels, for 9 people! We continually asked for Alex (agent) to call us, he NEVER did.

Gorgeous pool, if it was warm at all, kind of hard to have when it was drained and refilled 4 times in a week. It had to be shocked one of the days. Nothing was prepared for guests, and we booked in August and went Christmas week.

House was beautiful, one of the best there, right on the beach, worth going, but go with a different rental company.

Very private beach, perfect for families.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average