Intercontinental Presidente Merida Hotel

InterContinental Presidente Merida
IHG Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Intercontinental Presidente Merida Hotel

Where to book a hotel? (hotel agencies)

by schmechi

Unfortunately Merida seems to be overbooked during the time, I want to visit Mexico. So I'm not able to book via www.opodo.de and www.expedia.de. Unfortunately it is impossible to book via www.orbittz.com (or similar American offerors) without having a US billing addess (it works for some European countries, but unfortunately not for Austria).

So where to book? Do you know other adresses? How does http://www.mexicohoteles.com.mx/ work (unfortunately only in Spanish but self-explanatory... Are all mentioned hotels available? Will I be booked immediately?).

Do you have any other ideas?

I need a hotel in Merida from 10th or 11th March till 16th or 17th (depending on the flight I'll catch) and in Cancun from about 17th till 24th.

by Redlats

I have never been there at Easter time, but that is your problem -- you are competing with Mexicans on school Easter holidays. You could try booking directly with some Merida hotels via email (check the hotels VT'ers recommend on the Merida pages). As an aside, when I tried that once, they booked me, but never responded to my emails, so I assumed they never booked me -- when I arrived, I found out what happened and visted all the hotels I had booked at to cancel.

So my point is, I found booking at Mexican hotels is sort of wishy-washy. You would think that this would not be an issue at the better hotels (like the Hotel Villa Mercedes) - perhaps you should try one of them - I'm pretty sure they gear to non-Mexicans.

Good luck. I hope your plans work.

by gfinesilver

try Trinidad

info@hotelestrinidad.com

in merida

Cancun has lots of hostels and hotels. i've used kin mayab kinmayab@hotelkinmayab.com

by telchacsusan

Yucatan Today has a lodging guide which lists websites and contact info at : http://www.yucatantoday.com/eng-lodging.php
You might try to book directly with a hotel.

by Jawnuta

The story goes....
When I was booking the hotel for our X-mass vacation this december all hotels were booked. And my hotel owners "squized" me into a "last room" available. WHen we arrived to Puerto Morelos, half of the rooms in our hotel was empty and all teh other hotels we were inquiering had a vacancy sign on them. After talking to some people we find out that there is always lots of last minute cancelations. So if you can't book a hotel, don't worry. As long as you have a car you can find a place to sleep. There is plenty of small hotels with hot shower and clean beds who don't have a money to advertise on the internet.

Comments