Auburn Hotels

• rexvaughan profile photo rexvaughan
  • Reviews: 1159

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriott Lodge at Grand National Golf Course: Not just for golfers

This hotel is associated with the golf course but is probably the nicest accommodation in the area. It is a new and lovely building with a most helpful staff. I arranged for our group here and asked about renting a meeting room for our "beer & pizza" session one evening. They vounteered that there was a lounge available at no cost. It is a lovely room. I am not in the habit of recommending places I have not actually stayed, but this is my exception. I booked our group short some rooms and had to stay elsewhere but about 14 of my friends stayed here and loved it. We also had dinner and a meeting here and found both facilities excellent.

Nicely landscaped setting, away from any source of noise. The decor and design are quite good. I sure hope I get to stay here next time!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written May 17, 2005
Tip Photo

• rexvaughan profile photo rexvaughan
  • Reviews: 1159

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ramada Limited: Standard American Motel

I don't have a photo but this is a standard US motel with all the positives and limits that means.

Good things: inexpensive, clean, convenient.

Other: free "continental breakfast" which means packaged muffins, cereal, bagels, waffles, etc. Includes juice and coffee which is really quite good.

Attractive looking small pool and a small hot tub.

I am really not knocking the place when I said it is a "standard US motel." It just is not quaint, memorable or particularly lovely. However, when we travel we want a clean bed and bathroom and they have that here.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average