800 Cox Creek Pkwy South, Florence, AL, 35630

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Marriott Shoals Hotel And Spa

Florence, AL July 4th-8th

by mistybader

I will be staying at the Shoals Marriott over July 4th with my family and have a few questions. I know there are fireworks at McArthur Park that evening; do you think we will be able to see them from the hotel. Yahoo Map says driving it is 4 miles but I think as the crow flies it is more like 3 miles. Also we are planning to do the Helen Keller Play on Friday night. Should we do reserve seating or not? Also we are considering doing the Frank Lloyd Wright House on Saturday as we are leaving town to head back to Nashville. What do you think about our plans? Any advise for us. If we end up eating out in town where should we go? Grandma will be with us to babysit so it will be two couples for a fun night out.

Thanks,
Misty

Re: Florence, AL July 4th-8th

by vhasouth

Can't help you with the fireworks, but I'd definately get tickets in advance for the Helen Keller Play. A holiday weekend will probably sell out. Also, bring yourself lots of mosquito spray!!! Also, remember a fan as well as something to drink. In Alabama, it's not the heat that'll get you, its the humidity!! Have a great time!!

Comments