Beachside Resort Hotel

610 West Beach Blvd, (formerly Ramada Limited), Gulf Shores, Alabama, 36542, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Absolutely terrible

This is one of the worst places I've ever stayed. After showering, my feet turned black between the short walk from the shower to the bed because of how disgusting the carpet was. I had to wear shoes the whole time we were there. There was hair in the bathroom when we arrived. The bathroom door handle would jam, and we frequently had to call another family member to let us out of the bathroom. The refrigerator was barely cool--not cold enough for drinks or food. We reported the door and fridge to the front desk, but nothing was done about it during our time there. Breakfast may have been included, but it wasn't particularly worth going downstairs to wait for one of four choices, served with water or coffee. Non-smoking rooms are pointless since customers are allowed to smoke any and everywhere around the property, including outside our door. Worst of all, the mattress had so little support that my elderly grandmother rolled over to answer the phone and fell out of the bed and injured herself. Management's only response was to offer a 40% discount.. off of one night. While the location was fabulous, I never want to return there.

• They Fail

They get an F, because this is the lowest grade available. Staff, including manager are uncaring, interested in making a buck, but not interested in customers. I guess they can not invest a dime in their rundown building, and because of location, some folks will stay there even though it is so bad. Small bathroom with mildew, old bed, old carpet that smells bad and old tv. Gulf Shores, if this represents your hotels, we are going back to Florida for our next trip.

Unique Quality: Not really "beachside". On opposite side of highway.

Directions: Go to the beach, make a 90 degree turn, cross a busy road, and you will find it.

• Horrible Hotel / Rude Staff

Beachside? Not exactly. This sad worn out building is across a busy highway from the hotels that are actually on the beach. The building is super old (the couch looked like it's best days were in the 1970s) and everything in my room was old and smelled like smoke, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The staff and manager are rude and showed no concern about someone who is allergic to cigarette smoke. In the case of the short haired rude woman in the lobby, she smokes in front of the hotel, so I see why she doesn't understand the perspective of a non-smoker. But I don't understand why she is so rude. If she is so unhappy there, maybe she should find a new place to work, where she doesn't have to be around people. In any event, I highly recommend that you look elsewhere if you are staying in Gulf Shores. In the same price range, you can get a much better room and employees who actually care about your stay.

Unique Quality: Nothing outstanding about this dump.

Directions: Across a BUSY highway from hotels that are actually "beachside"

• am&pm's Profile Photo

A Great Place To Stay!

.Update 2/8/05 We just found out recently that this hotel is no longer in existence. It was damaged badly by Hurricane Ivan last August and leveled. A New York developer bought it and is building a condo complex there instead :-(( We'll keep the picture here for nostalgia's sake.

We will miss it!

Unique Quality: .

• LindsayK4's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
    I am extremely sad to say my wedding ring was stolen from my room during our stay at the Beachside Resort. I made a police report and the maintenance man being the only one on duty assured me and the police officer he would do everything in his power to look over security cameras and get to the bottom of it. I never got a phone call the next day so I went to the hotel to find out that the maintenance man did not work that day and never came in. I finally got to speak to a manger who informed me there was nothing he was going to do for me. Not even help me figure out who entered our room. I asked to look over security cameras and he told me the camera was not working by my room. I asked for a refund since we had paid our trip in full and had to leave the hotel early due to feeling unsafe. I got no refund, apology, and no help trying to find who entered my room. Besides my most precious valuable being stolen from our room the hotel is falling apart. It is cheap for a reason. The first night we got moved to a different room because our heat did not work. The next room was even worse. Filthy and very moldy musky smell. The toilet was running so my husband lifted the lid and there was black mold all around the top of the toilet. No coffee pot, safe, ice machine, or manager on duty in the evening. I really want to spread the word of this hotel so no one has to go through what I did. We were in Alabama and felt like we were in a third world country. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!