3947 State, Gulf Shores, Alabama, 36542, United States
IHG Booking.com Travelocity

More about Gulf Shores

Dining room and kitchenDining room and kitchen

The walls are high on PulaskiThe walls are high on Pulaski

Oyster House gift shopOyster House gift shop

My grilled chicken and yellow rice $6.99My grilled chicken and yellow rice $6.99

Travel Tips for Gulf Shores

You must visit Fort Morgan! ...

by kel_e

You must visit Fort Morgan! It is full of history and very interesting. If you get out to the Fort early in the morning (5 am) and walk along the beach, you can collect shells that were washed up by the high tide. You can also see the dolphins jumping in the ocean during the magnificent sunrise.
Take time to stop at all the pubs and resturants along the beach! They all have character of their own, and the people are very welcoming and fun. If you get to know the bartenders during your stay... they don't hesitate to give you cheap or free drinks to get your night going!
Most of all... make a run out to the infamous Flora-Bama!! It is an awesome bar right on the Florida/Alabama border. They have wonderful music and a great atmosphere. I think the best memory is going down to AL with 5 other families every year. We all hooked up CB's in our cars and made the long haul to AL from WI (about 22 hour drive). Then we would meet up with a bunch of other families and friends from my hometown that would be down there. (for some reason, our whole town knew Gulf Shores was a hot spot for vacation)
There were always kids my age, and when we got old enough to venture downtown and down the beach on our own... we met lots more people and made new friends.
This last time I made it down (in 2000), I finally was old enough to experience the bar scene on my own and we had a blast!!!!!!
Another funny memory of mine is from when we were about 17 years old. We were walking downtown one night to go out to eat (me and a bunch of friends my age). There was a Best Western along the road that had a lighted board for messages. The board said 'Indoor heated pool'. We, for some reason, felt the need to be rebellious and stole an 'L' from the board so it said 'Indoor heated Poo'. Everyday we walked by, and they had the L replaced with another L... so we would keep stealing it every day until we left. By the time we left, all of us had an L to take home as a souvenier. Oh, we thought we were sooooo cool back then! :)
But, I really can't wait to go again!

GULF SHORES, ALABAMA

by bdbrewer

"An Annual Trip"

We get with two other couples and rent a three-bedroom condo here once or twice a year just to get away. We have a contest to see who can fix the most scrumptious breakfast brunch. We eat out on the other occasions and just generally relax and unwind.

This was taken on our balcony overlooking the pool and the clear blue ocean.

Comments