Hampton Inn Huntsville

See Amenities

Great Value, Great Amenities, Great Staff

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2010

My wife and I drove up from Atlanta to bring our 10 year old son and 16 year old nephew to the Star Wars exhibit at the Space Museum. This Hampton Inn on University Rd. was a great find. 1: We were traveling on a limited budget so the FREE BREAKFAST was definitely great and delicious. 2: The MICROWAVE and REFRIGERATOR in each room was very convenient because we brought our own food to save on lunch and dinner costs (2 adults and 2 children can add up when eating out). 3: The room was very nice and the beds were very comfortable. The WHIRLPOOL BATH was absolutely wonderful! Well worth the minimal extra cost because those rooms are inside. My son took two baths in one night! Nuff said. 4: This Hampton is in a well lit EXCELLENT LOCATION. It is right on the road that leads to the Space Museum about 3 minutes away. It is also on a business strip with plenty of shopping and dining options. Malls, restaurants, fast food, Walmart, Sams, Service stations, all minutes away or in walking distance but not noisy. 5: The FRIENDLY STAFF was very cordial, professional, and personable. Dee Dee, Irene, and the rest of the staff made us feel very welcome. 6: The EXERCISE ROOM was very small but had what I needed. Weight machines and a treadmill. Because of the safe and well lit location of the hotel, I was able to do my 1 hour outdoor morning walk. 7: The well lit outdoor POOL was very clean and kid friendly. 8: The FREE COMPUTERS in the lobby and FREE WI-FI in the rooms was super convenient for uploading our photos, checking email, etc. 9: This Hampton Inn was very COST EFFICIENT. We would have paid twice as much at the Mariott near the Space Museum. Although the Marriott was closer to the Museum it did not include free breakfast, microwave, refrigerator, or whirlpool bath. It did have pretty lights and floors. Bottom line, The University Hampton Inn gave our family the most for our money. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Nearby Hampton Inn Huntsville

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Huntsville Travel Forum

Need advice about Huntsville, Alabama? Visit the Travel Forum for Huntsville and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Huntsville hotel reviews