6800 Governors West NW, Huntsville, Alabama, 35806, United States
Travelocity Westin.com Orbitz.com

More about Huntsville

The Saturn V lunar rocketThe Saturn V lunar rocket

A huge new  $150K, 1 acre home in CullmanA huge new $150K, 1 acre home in Cullman

The largest fountain in the gardens.The largest fountain in the gardens.

RocketsRockets

Moving soon..... but where?

by ewary

We are moving our family to HSV this fall and I have very mixed feelings about going. Can anyone give us some insight as to nice area's to look for a house. We're hoping for a neighborhood with big trees, sidewalks, parks, good schools, safe, a library and throw in a neighborhood coffee shop and it would be perfect! Someplace nice, but still diverse would be the ideal. We hope to buy a home and are open to something older as long as it isn't a "fixer upper" (two kids under four make that impossible at the moment!). We would also consider living in a rural area too, if that's not too scary. I'm not into living in some new subdivision if I can help it. I'd appreciate any advise.

RE: RE: Moving soon..... but where?

by ewary

Thanks, we'll check it out. Good idea about checking out the schools!
k

RE: Moving soon..... but where?

by vhasouth

I live in a SMALL town approx. 40 minutes from Huntsville called Hartselle. Hartselle is located right on 1-65. It is the southern town that people think of when they think of the south. We have an excellent school system (consistently place in the upper range of the state), we also offer a fairly good range of athletics for your children to grow into. Yes, we also have a couple of coffee houses, located, where else, directly on Main Street. I invite you to come down and see what we have to offer.

RE: Moving soon..... but where?

by Dean2006

Huntsville is my hometown and it is a great place to live and a great place to raise a family! Based on your inquiry, I would say check out the Five points area which is eccletic with moderately priced homes (coffee shop hearby). The Blossomwood area is the best in my opinion, more mainstream established with a variety of homes (small, large, old, new) and great location (my neighborhood). Another good one is the Jones Valley area. Newer homes are in Hampton Cove or out in Madison, but you are further away and the homes are a little "cookie cutter". By the way, Huntsville was named the #1 place to increase net worth in the USA. That is high salaries and low cost of living. High education level too. Good luck, I'll see you here.

Travel Tips for Huntsville

Much Nicer Then I Thought

by 88Starflite

This area, Huntsville, Cullman is really nice. Mountains, lakes, and the Tenn. river. It's a very clean place from what I could see in the little time I spent there. It's what the rest of America should be like, well governd and a high standerd of living. In this area one can get by without making a lot of money. A house like mine would cost at least 75% less there and I would pay about 80% less in taxes. OK, for those who want the #s it would mean I'll pay maybe $150K for a house and $1K a year for taxes there see below. That's why so many people retire there! The people, they are much more friendly then people in NY, NJ.

Huntsville, Alabama

by Goodwin17

"My new hometown"

I moved to Huntsville from a much smaller town on the other side of the state. There are many interesting places to see and things to do. An excellent selection of restaurants and shopping. I think it is a nice place to visit and a great place to live. We have great parks and tourist attractions.

Comments