5478 Inn Road, Mobile, Alabama, 36619, United States

Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens
Hotels.com Tingo.com Travelocity

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Mardi Gras Mayhem

We got to Mobile and there was a HUGE traffic back-up going into the city from the west on I-10 (photo 3). Then we ran into a similar back-up on the our side of the road west of Mobile going OUT of the city. Took us half an hour to go about 5 miles. Found the motel about dusk

I had to take a smoking room as nothing else was available. I tried several hotels before I found even that. I think part of the problem was Mardi Gras - big celebrations and parade in town. There were people all over the lobby of the hotel playing games etc. when we checked in.

I think this hotel is really not in Mobile but in the outlying suburb of Tillmans Corners in Mobile County, but I could not find a map with the city limits of Mobile on it (that I could see where the city limits were).

Unique Quality: The room STANK of cigarette smoke. My nightgown smelled of cigarettes the next night. They had ashtrays and matches even in the bathroom.

Bob wasn't very happy with the breakfast at the motel - he said they had the pancake shaped scrambled eggs (I thought they were an omelet) and he didn't realize that the white stuff was sausage gravy - he thought it was grits or something. Also due to all the people staying at the hotel, there was no place to sit - people were taking chairs from the breakfast area to sit in other areas. I got cranberry juice, and grabbed a banana and a bagel to eat in the car

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

My Favorite of the Hotel Chains

*Update*
    I recently stayed by myself in the King SUITE. It really isn't worth the extra $20. The regular rooms are just as nice. The suite just has a couch and I didn't even use it, other than to put my suitcase. I also booked this room on the actual Hampton Inn website and the prices were the same as Expedia. But you might as well price compare just to be safe. :)

The Hampton Inn and Suites has won over my heart. I have stayed at Hampton Inns throughout the United States and am always pleasantly pleased. In Mobile this is right off of I-10 and very close to many places to get gas and dinner/lunch.

Why is Hampton Inn the place to stay? The service, the room, breakfast and location.

The service was excellent. Everyone was kind, welcoming, and helpful.

The breakfast was out of this world. They had every type of food you could eat for breakfast. Cereal, waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, danishes, etc, etc. All sorts of juice and coffee. And a beautiful area to eat in, even offering a patio on those nice mornings.

And, last but not least, the important part...the room! When I walked in I was very impressed. The beds were huge and very comfy. There was a flat screen tv and lots of good channels. I spent most of my time using the free Internet connections looking up addresses and planning the events of my trip. It was quiet, comfy and peaceful. Everything I enjoy in a night in.

Other amenities I enjoyed: pool, FREE wireless internet, cable tv

Unique Quality: ***Use the VT site or Expedia to find the best price! Through VT I found a price of $109 a night but on the actual Hampton Inn site the prices were $199!!! Also, you may want to join their rewards program. Sometimes they'll give you 1000 points to stay a night and offer such deals as free Webkinz for kids and stuff like that. It changes so you may want to check out their website.

PS....I am in no way connected to this chain. I just really, really like them.

Comments