Holiday Inn Express BIRMINGHAM I-65 SOUTH (PELHAM)

260 Cahaba Valley Rd, Pelham, AL 35124

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Substandard Holiday Inn

Writing this review comes as a bittersweet endeavor. My family generally stay at Holiday Inns when traveling. Over the last year we find that the overall quality of this chain declining. Before this last stay we found the Inns in Covington, Ky and Dandridge, TN very disappointing. I have not written reviews before this, only approached the staff at each site. However, this particular motel compels me to caution potential overnighters. The highest honor that I can bestow here is that the staff was considerate and attentive. Unfortunately, this was the highlight. Here is a rundown on the room: 1) the carpet was dingy and had numerous (to many to count) large and small stain spots, 2) several stains and marks on the walls, 3) room had a strange odor, my wife found a opened full milk carton and cups behind the corner chair, 4) TV cabinet was falling apart and squeaked whenever you walked across the floor, 5) both room and bath phone had loud static wherein you could not hear the other party, 6) plastic corner moulding in bath was broken and sticking out approx. 3", caught clothing and cut foot, 7) shower curtain rod was falling down, 8) toilet or shower base leaking onto bathroom floor, 9) bulbs were out over bathroom vanity. I am sure that the attendant would have changed our rooms if we had not been so tired from our travel. However, upon check-in, I asked the attendant specifically if their rooms were clean and up to standard, I was assured that they were. Coincidentally, right after the clerk answered, someone came down to the desk and complained that his bathroom bulbs were blown. I guess that this should have been an indicator.
    The next morning when I brought my list of concerns to the attendants attention, she was quick to try and make it right. The problem here is that I rented a room that was supposed to be ready, not one that was substandard and would be made right after I complained. She finally acquiesced to the logic of this philosophy and apologized. She offered to comp the room, but I refused and told her I felt it would be more ethical to alert discerning people of this substandard Inn.

Unique Quality: Average accommodations for this chain.

Comments