Budget Inn And Suites Talladega

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Talladega

Chocolate Nut pie $2.75Chocolate Nut pie $2.75

Facade of the restaurant after darkFacade of the restaurant after dark

Bob's enchilada dinnerBob's enchilada dinner

Ray at one of the car shops, a must see & FreeRay at one of the car shops, a must see & Free

2005 Talladega 500 Camping

by redracer

Does anyone know how we can get a reservation for the on track campgrounds in Talladega,AL? We are interested in rv and tent camping. We are also interested in trying to get a large group together to party and camp with for the 2005 Talladega 500 Nextel cup race. At this time, we have a group of 11 people from the midwest area ranging in age from 22 to 55.We can sometimes be a little loud and obnoxious but we are all good people.

Re: 2005 Talladega 500 Camping

by T&B

Hi, We are coming down from Ontario,Canada for the race at Talladega! There will be about 9 of us,ages19 - 48. But we are staying at a hotel, maybe we still can get together for a few !! Check out the site www.laidbackracing.com and go to Dega, they have info. on camping. Good Luck

Re: 2005 Talladega 500 Camping

by degafanatic

We have season tickets. We camp outside of the track . They have free sites(just show up) or you can reserve for rv's (what we do) by calling 1-877-go2-dega. The prices on the reserved sites go from 100 up to 1500 for the weekend. The reserved fill up quick so call asap if you want water and elec. hookup. We have 10 going so far and we're reserved in the Legends RV site.

RE: 2005 Talladega 500 Camping

by springalot

Hello,

I know of a great place to stay in Talladega and I think they are open year-round for all of the races and are close to the track. I think they are on a creek too with canoeing, kayaking and tubing. See www.TalladegaCreekside.com.

Thanks,

Springalot

RE: 2005 Talladega 500 Camping

by Kahne_Fan_2

Sounds like you'll fit right in at Dega. This will be my second year for the Spring race and I think you guys will have a great time. We camp in the free camping outside the track. No reservations required, it's first come first serve. Not sure when you are planning on leaving, but by Friday things start to get pretty full. We have some in our group go early in the week and reserve us spots. Word to the wise, try to get to the higher ground, things get pretty soupy at the bottom if it rains. Hope that helps! Have a great time!

RE: RE: 2005 Talladega 500 Camping

by ramona4724

is there a party campsite for rv's with hookups that isn't sold out? is there a party at Wazoo, too (the campsite)? I want to go Friday through Monday and I want my own shower and toilet in my rv but I want to be at the big party.

Travel Tips for Talladega

Packing List

by wildnet22

Because Talladega is so big either park near where you will be siitng which could be hard or don't bring much cause you'll be walking or if you do bring a lot trake frequent breaks. Wear comfortable clothing and especially comfortable shoes. Talladega is so big that you will be walking A LOT! Because of all the camping and smoke here on race day it is usually warm so t-shirts are usually your best bet in April or October. Never been to a race at Talladega when it is cold. As for rain, bring a poncho cause Talladega does not allow umbrellas inside the track and the gift shops don't offer weather gear. Also remember that if there is a rain delay you'll be in a rain delay for awhile since it takes so long for the track to dry and the parking at Talladega is dirt pretty much so if it rains you'll be walking in a lot of mud and bring boots cause you might have to push you car out, it gets that deep. Camping at Talladega is the best on the NASCAR circuit and can even get wild at times and I would suggest if you go to Talladega to do it at least once. If you camp prepare to get to the track a couple days as it is on forst come first serve basis outside the infield and don't expect to get much sleep cause everyone parties the night before and some even get in beer drinking contests, LOL! Overall, a tent that is enclosed because of the bugs are preferred but any tent, lots of coolers, a grill, and chairs are the necessity.

Comments