240 Haynes Street, Talladega, Alabama, 35160, United States
IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Talladega

Sign by the roadSign by the road

Jack's sign during the dayJack's sign during the day

Tin decorationTin decoration

MenuMenu

Northern Alabama??

by T&B

We are leaving from Canada in 2 weeks with our family and friends to come down for the Nascar race in Oct. How is everything there, after the terrible hurricane?We heard that the northern part of the state was not too bad.What is the gas situation like? If anyone can help, it would be great.We have been worried about everyone there and if things are o:k. Thanks.

RE: RE: Northern Alabama??

by T&B

Thank you,that helps. I was a bit worried. How is the gas situation? Any problems?
Thanks, Teresa

RE: RE: Northern Alabama??

by T&B

Thanks for your help, we are driving down from Ontario. Gas jumped way up to a $1.33 a litre here. But has come down a little. We will just have to budget for higher prices. Thanks again,Teresa.

by vhasouth

Your trip should be just fine. I'm in North Alabama. Short of some tree damage...everything here is just fine. I personally had more damage from Ivan than I did from Katrina. I advise you to verify your reservations. A lot of the motels that have taken in evacuees are allowing them to stay extended times and asking people with reservations to please understand. I'm not sure how many evacuees there are in the Talladega area. As far as gas. Yes, the price is up, average prices here range from $2.77 per gal to $3.27 gal. I hope you have a great trip. Other than the time period right after the hurricane, I have not seen stations running out. Let me know if I can hlep you futher!!

Virginia

by Tutor33

Gas prices have come down to about $2.70 a gallon in most parts of town. No shortages. Damage around Birmingham (about 45 mins west of 'Dega) was limited to a few downed trees.

Double checking reservations, especially around Dega on race weekend is very smart. My parents made reservations last week at a Mississippi hotel only to show up yesterday and find they had no room. A lot of that going on.

Otherwise have fun at Dega. I'll be there as an extra on the filming of Will Ferrel's new movie. Ferrel should be there somewhere as well.

by T&B

Thank You everyone foryour help and advice. I am not so worried now and can't wait to see Alabama ! Teresa

Comments