Anchorage Downtown Hotel

Priceline.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Best Kept Seceret

We just spent the last week at this darling little hotel in Anchorage. We were here on a businness trip and found this hotel just 3 blocks away form the large hotel where we were suppose to stay ( they claimed we did not have a reservation that's another story). The doorman at the large hotel recommended this small hotel to us, thany you sir! We found this little hotel to be just wonderful. It had everything we neede for our stay. The rooms were spotless, the beds were the most comfortable of any hotel we have stayed in. The owners which are always there we the best host anyone could ask for. They let us use the computer, fax and copy machine at no extra charge. The rooms had a small fride, coffee maker and microwave. The furniture is home type so you feel as if you are in a bedroom instead of a hotel room.

Unique Quality: Free parking, small quite, just 3 blocks to the heart of the downtown area. A park across the street.

Directions: K and 9th downtown area

• Jun 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I booked rooms at booking.com and I choosed Anchorage Downtown Hotel. I choosed 16 June 2013 as the check-in date and 23 june as the check-out date. In june 16,faced with urgent new situation, We applied to check-out in 21 June, but the hotel refused to change the total bill from 7 days to 5 days.That means we still have to pay 7 days for only 5 days stay!!!!! After the talk with their manager, they said that they would still charge 6 days fee for 5 days stay!!!! their are still 4 days to our check out day(the argument happened in June 16, we only want to change the check-out date from 23 to 21 June), I think the over charge is not reasonable, it is terrible! The hotel over charged me more than 400 dollars,and booking.com told me that they could do nothing to take back my money! Yes it did happened, Both the booking.com and the Anchorage Downtown Hotel disappointed me, I will tell the International service department of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Orgnization I am working in, to put booking.com into the blacklist to prevent further losses. I will try my best to prevent any one I know to use booking.com. This terrible experience is a joke, all my friends thought it is unblievable that booking.com acted like this.

• Jun 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM

"If cancelled or modified up to 3 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged"

This actually is quite a lenient policy. If you didn't agree to it at the time of your booking then you shouldn't have booked with them. 3 days prior to arrival is quite late and increases their risks. Of course some hotels only charge the first night of cancellation which they eventually also did and didn't have to.

Booking.com has nothing to do with this since it said so in the cancellation policy which booking.com accepted by letting the hotel join their page.

For the future just check the hotels cancellation policies which booking clearly states when you book the room. Anything else you get is just pure kindness and this shouldn't be rewarded with a bad review!

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jun 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I absolutely agree. Booking.com is an extremely reliable website which I have used on many, many occasions (as do many other VT members). You simply did not read the information properly even though it is not only *very* clearly displayed on the website's hotel page and during the booking process but also on the email confirmation you received. Trying to blame booking.com for your own error is not acceptable.

It is *your* responsibility to read all the terms and conditions of any booking you make. If you do not like them, then you don't book. If you book, you accept the terms and conditions under which you made the contract.

And why on earth would you expect any hotel anywhere to just cancel your reservation at such a late date without charge? That is completely unreasonable.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it *is* just a matter of making sure you read all the information which you are given. Your loss is down to your error, not to booking.com in any way, shape or form.