Marriott Anchorage Downtown

karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

A place to sleep

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2006

We just needed a place to sleep while we were in Anchorage, and preferably one with a self-service laundry. Some of those discount websites like hotels.com said the Marriott Anchorage Downtown had such a laundry, which is why I booked it. I learned when we arrived, there was no such laundry. (Lesson learned - don't believe everything you read on hotels.com.) We could, however, pay megabucks to have the laundry done for us by the hotel. We declined and found a coin-op laundry down the street, so that worked for me.

We took the elevator up to the top floor see if we could find something like a revolving bar or some sort of rooftop lounge. The Marriott didn't have that either. We didn't get a drink and didn't go in circles around Anchorage, but I got this photo.

Unique Quality: The Marriott is a Marriott. Decent enough place to get some shuteye. Locationwise, it suited our purposes. We wanted something that wasn't too far away from the airport or the train station, yet close to downtown, and the Marriott meets those criteria.

mcpangie's Profile Photo

Very Nice Place

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 20, 2004

They have a very nice place, very clean and comfortable, and more expensive than average. New building so it looks clean to. The only complaint I could possibly have is it costs a lot more than average. They have special deals sometimes for conferences, but it was still more than any other place I've stayed in Anchorage. It's a pretty luxurious place, but not so much so that some people would still think it's a simple hotel.

Unique Quality: Right downtown. Parking in a parking garage nearby isn't convienient really. I'm not a very fancy person, so I was uncomfortable at things like having someone open doors for me as their job. I am sure other people would think it wasn't fancy enough.

Nearby Marriott Anchorage Downtown

• Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Anchorage Travel Forum

Need advice about Anchorage, Alaska? Visit the Travel Forum for Anchorage and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Anchorage hotel reviews