Barrow Hotels

• Stephen-KarenConn profile photo Stephen-KarenConn
  • Reviews: 2608

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Barrow Assembly of God Parsonage: My free night in Barrow

After being turned away from all three hotels in Barrow because they had no room, I ended up getting a free night's lodging in this very nice four bedroom home. It is the parsonage of Barrow's Assembly of God Church.

I called the church and was fortunate to catch one of the deacons just leaving their Wednesday night service. He informed me that the church was currently without a pastor, although a new minister had been hired and was in process Moving to Barrow. After questioning me a bit, and consulting with another deacon, he offered me a free bed in the empty parsonage beside the church. These people were true Christians and kind to a stranger in need. May God bless them!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 22, 2004
Tip Photo

Barrow Assembly of God Parsonage

• sierrak profile photo sierrak
  • Reviews: 21
I stayed at the Narl Hotel, a...

I stayed at the Narl Hotel, a very clean and comfortable place for researchers and the like.

The owners really take care of you, and maintain a clean and upscale environment for tired workers after a long day.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 5, 2002

• o00o profile photo o00o
  • Reviews: 3730

Local architecture

Local architecture in Barrow. All buildings are built above the ground, to prevent the permafrost from melting.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive