1200 Agviq St., Box 189, Barrow, Alaska, 99723, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• Hotel in Barrow

It blows. The place was crummy. If you want the Westin go somewhere else. The view was the best part. I could see the Ocean and got to photograph the midnight sun easily from the window (that the crank had broken off.) Thank God for the window though because it was roasting in there. It may have been the hellish temp from the lobby seeping in though. The thermastat didnt work in the room. I live in Fl. and i was suffocating. No internet, no housekeeping, nothing but a couple beds to pass out on. The kitchen part of the room was scary and i wouldnt cook in it. I was afraid to use a glass to take my moring meds. The lobby had a tv and several couches and looked ok but the heat drove usout to get as cold as we could stand beforewe came in again. i ended up sitting at the airport waiting for the filght home instead so i could breathe. It was convenient by the ocean where we joined the polar bear club. Pepe's Mexican restraunt was next door. it sucked too if you are expecting spicy, i had to put the salsa for the chips on my food to even want to eat it. The best place we found to eat was down the street, cant remember the name but it was two story and had a big T on the side. They looked to be maybe Vietnamese or Korean, but the breakfast kicked ass. I wish we had eaten dinner there too instead of the Japaneese place by the hotel. Everything was expensive in Barrow but i would go back again...to the city not the hotel. The Kings something or another was supposedly better but we didnt get to see for sure. Oh, alcholol is not allowed anywhere in the city not even in your room. Prepare to be bored stiff.

Unique Quality: Crappy, old, dusty, not full service like listed unless that means a bed and a shower. If you cant find anything else it will do, just pretend you are camping.

• fairiedust's Profile Photo

Top of the World

It was a decent hotel. Nothing too extravagant, but not too bad. I hear it might get a bit noisy on the weekend, but I wouldn't know I stayed there during the weekdays. One thing that should be considered, there are stairs there and no elevator (common for rural Alaska not to), so if you have a really heavy bag, which I did, ask for first floor or ask for storage or pack lightly. I was lucky enough in that the heavy bag i had was work equipment and had no need to get personal items out of it.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Room with an Arctic Ocean View

The tour I took with Tundra Tours Inc. was headquartered in this hotel, and I had been in the lobby and used the free internet access there before I was in need of a room. When our flight out of Barrow was canceled, this was the second place I sought an accomodation. Upon arriving, there was a long line at the registration desk - others who were stranded. By the time I got to the front of the line all the rooms were booked, and about six of us still needed a place to stay, so I went to plan "C."

Unique Quality: Top of the World Hotel is a full-service hotel, adjacent to Pepe's North of the Border and close to other Restaurants. It is at the hub of Barrow, the center for community activities and tour groups.

Directions: Five or six blocks from the airport, on the Arctic Ocean.

• Yohaho's Profile Photo

Most of the travellers are...

Most of the travellers are arranged to stay in Top of the World Hotel. This hotel located in town right on the shore of Artic Ocean. It is a full service hotel offers clean and basic rooms to travellers.

Comments