Lancasters Backpacker Hotel

McCarthy Ventures, PO Box MXY via Glennallen, Glennallen, Alaska, 99588, United States

Satisfaction Poor

More about Glennallen

Sheep LodgeSheep Lodge

Sheep MountainSheep Mountain

driving and pic takingdriving and pic taking

good infogood info

Travel Tips for Glennallen

Waiting for the Boat

by extremist

After the long drive and sleep over, we got up at 5am to get in line with the other 50 people that converged upon chitna to get on a boat to bring us to a spot down the river, but this day, the reds were not running, and we decided to bag it, and be tourists!! Again, another great advantage to being in alaska, bring the camera and take pictures... what a day to spend..

Road Trip to Chitna!!!!!

by extremist

OH MY GOSH!! Just got back from a 500 mile drive up the Glen Hwy to Chitna to go dipnetting for the World Famous Copper River Reds, It was a 5 hr drive, one stop to get gas in Glennallen, which is 180 miles Northeast of Anchorage and you come to a T in the hwy, head towards Valdez, then take a left on the Edgarton, Kinney road for another 33 miles, then another trek along the Copper River.... what a spectacular view!!! We got skunked on this particular weekend, and decided to come back when the fish were on a harder run, but what a day to sit along the river bank!!

Just another fantastic view of the copper river

by extremist

This particular spot is quite a drive, even for a seasoned, adventuresome 4 wheelin girl like myself, if you haven't been here, and your trying to find it the night before the 5am call in the dark, it's a task... I only had my written instructions from a friend who was going by memory.... thank goodness we have daylight almost 20hrs now!!!

take time to stop and smell the wild flowers

by extremist

Since we didn't bring back the cooler full of salmon, we broke out the camera immediately and headed back to anchorage, but decided to make a slow touristy time at it, this is just one of the sites you can experience like I do here in Alaska.

HOLY COW, what a site

by extremist

Matanuska Glacier is awesome! It's about a 100 miles northeast out of Anchorage, maybe an hr and half drive along the Matanuska River, windy, cliffy at times, 2 lane road, to me not as traveled say as the Seward or Sterling hwys, which to me is appealing, to get there is a pleasant drive, so scenic.

Comments