Mile 1.2 Otto Lake Road, PO Box 14, Healy, Alaska, 99743, United States

More about Denali Lakeview Inn

Fairly nice

by TripAdvisor Member redfish55

Nothing special on the outside.. and the decor inside could definitley use updating. As another member commented...this place will remind you of staying at your granmothers house. The carpet in my room was stained, and the blinds were not adequate to keep the sun out....which stays out all but a few hours in the summer. The lake and area surrounding the property is beautiful though.

Even my young kids loved this place!

by TripAdvisor Member onetxdoc

My family (DW, DD 6, DD 7) stayed for 2 nights in mid July during our pre-cruise independent tour of Alaska. We made the decision to stay at DLV Inn based on the reviews here and other sites...........Thank you for the advice!

We were thrilled at how clean the place is (shoes must be removed before entering) The scenery was wonderful. We also had moose (2 cows) sighting in a field nearby. The breakfast was nice and convenient. We ordered packed lunch and it was more than adequate for us during the Denali shuttle ride.
Room (Midnight Sun) was large and again, the view was wonderful. We didn't use the deck much due to flying insects. The room was hot in the afternoon that we arrived, but cooled quickly with the ceiling fan and AC.

Kids loved this "hotel" for the cleanliness, the wildlife/lake view just outside the window, and the satellite TV with lots of channels to choose from.

You must have a car to stay here. It is only about 10 miles from the Park entrance and a few miles from Healy (opposite direction) for "cheaper gas" (than in Glitter Gulch).

All in all, an excellent stay. I'd return again when visiting Denali.

Lovely Bed and Brekfast

by TripAdvisor Member brooklynjeanne

I stayed for three nights in the Denali Lakeview Inn from 7/22/06 to 7/25/06 in their Alaska Room. It was a very nicely decorated room with an open floor plan. This means that the two queen size beds, living room, and kitchen were all open almost like one room. Don't get me wrong, it was decorated very nicely with stuffed bears and moose and in soothing colors, but no privacy. We had a bank of windows that encompassed a whole wall with a lovely view of the lake also. However, in their description of the room, they stated that the room had the same features as another room ,which had a jacuzzi tub, but ours did not. I must say though that we did have a slight plumbing problem on our first night there and they were very quick to respond and take care of the problem and were very nice about it. I also have to say that I was a little confused at first because this was supposed to be a bed and breakfast but I did not see any place to eat. Then I realized that there were fruit, muffin, and danish platters in the refrigerator in the kitchen. On the one hand, this was great for my husband and son who are late risers and therefore are not confined to a set breakfast time, but then on the other hand, this seemed rather impersonal to me. However, overall we thought it was a beautifully decorated place overlooking a lovely lake and were very happy with our experience there and would definitely stay there again.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member mickey91

We stayed in one of the larger rooms and were thrilled to have lots of space. With a wall of windows overlooking million dollar views and almost every imaginable convenience provided, this was a great location from which to explore the area. The folks here are friendly, but not intrusive--I'm not looking to engage an innkeeper in a dialog about our respective lives--giving us all the service and attention we needed without being cloying. We fell in love with the open, airy feel of the room, with views that look like paintings.

Very comfortable accommodations with a great view of Otto Lake

by TripAdvisor Member atlanta14

We stayed 3 nights at the Denali Lakeview Inn and loved every minute. The room was very comfortable and a decent size. The staff kept our room well-stocked with breakfast items (the breakfasts are provided in your room, along with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker), and the lunch we ordered was more than enough for our trip into the park. The view from the (semi-private) deck was amazing, and we also saw a moose and her two calves nearby. We were able to do laundry onsite, which was a plus as well.

A great place, close to Denali

by TripAdvisor Member IloveAlaska

We had to take our shoes off to keep the carpets clean.

The place is very clean, friendly, beautiful view, and close to Denali Park, but away from the crowds.

A good restaurant less than a mile away.

I think that when there are sunrises or sunsets... the view could be amazing.

Beautiflu lake view

by TripAdvisor Member callmolo

This Inn was not exactly what I expectd from reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. Our room did have a beautiful view of Lake Otto. We even saw two baby moose right outside our window. However the decor was somewhat dated and cluttered. It was kind of like grandma's extra room - nothing really matched. Our room was on the lower floor/basement with a walk out patio. Some of the rooms on the upper floors looked nicer with a better view of the lake. The Inn has a washer and dryer for guest use for $1 a load which was very nice. We never saw the Inn owner or manager which seemed a little strange. Check-in consists of finding your name on the outside bulletine board and for check-out you just leave. We talked to someone on the phone who was very helpful. The Parks Highway was closed due to rain and we weren't sure we would even make the Inn our first night. We were told to take our time and if we did not make it we would not be charged for the room. We did arrive at midnght but the Inn is very difficult to find in the dark. Not very good signage. Overall, this is a nice Inn if you are not expecting a beautifully decortated room, gourmet breakfast, and friendly innkeeper. But if you are just looking for a quiet, comfortable room with a beautiful view away from the park entrance, this would be a good place.

We enjoyed our stay in Lakeview Inn.

by TripAdvisor Member Ola78

We stayed in the Alaska suite for 2 nights. The room was very comfortable and perfect for 4 people. It had a fully equipped kitchen (even including waffle maker), nice dining area, comfortable sofa and 2 beds. The view was incredible. We also had a private deck and from there we could watch moose mother with 2 baby moose walking around the lake. The inn is located in the quiet area approx. 15 minutes away from the Denali Park entrance. The only complain we had was the amount of food for breakfast. The first morning we only had 1 plate of fruits in the fridge and after dividing everything among 4 people it wasn’t much at all ( I got quarter of muffin, half of a toast, quarter of apple, few grapes, slice of orange and a chocolate candy ). Fortunately there was a grocery store close by and with fully equipped kitchen we could prepare nice dinner and nice breakfast the next morning. We enjoyed our stay in Lakeview Inn.

10 Minutes from Denali with Views

by TripAdvisor Member SiliconGulchGuy

My wife & I stayed here Aug. 23-24, 2006 in the Blue Moose room and we enjoyed using the Inn as our home-base for our visit to Denali.

The staff is somewhat hands off, but that's how we like it. When asked though they were both polite and helpful. They confirmed the restaurant by the golf course up the road was probably pricier than it deserved, as reported elsewhere on TripAdvisor, and suggested a basic cafe in Healey proper with a limited menu that was just what we were looking for at the time.

The inn doesn't feel like it's located in town exactly, though the sign for the small turnoff from the main highway is easy to spot and even has a designated left hand turn lane if you're coming from the park. From there it's a short gravel road, more like a long shared driveway, but we didn't have a problem finding the sign for the inn's driveway. The front's exterior does look a bit industrial (hey it's Alaska afterall), but inside it feels like you're in a comfy apartment building with your own view.

The breakfast plate waiting for us in the fridge included a variety of fresh fruit, a small danish, toast, and a muffin. Also included was juice, milk, small boxed cereals, and oatmeal. More than enough variety & quantity for our needs.

Our room shared a balcony with some other rooms, so the view was great, but we did wind up using the opaque roller blinds for a bit of privacy. We were lucky enough to have more blue clouds than grey ones during our stay, so yes, the sunsets & sunrises were magnificent. Apparently on a clear night you can spot the Aurora Borealis and they even had an "Aurora" forecast posted outside. We apparently had just missed a good viewing a few nights earlier.

Overall the place worked well for our needs and we'ld be happy to come back for another visit.

Nice Hotel AMAZING views

by TripAdvisor Member AshburnTraveller

My wife and I selected this Inn based on TripAdvisor ratings and were not dissapointed. The location is a little strange and hard to find but the views from the room make it all worthwhile. The staff is friendly but VERY hands off for the most part I feel they want very little to do with guests which is unusual for an Inn. However, they strive to make everything right for their guests and were always happy to help when asked.
The breakfasts were a little dissapointing given what we recieved last year in B&Bs in Southern Utah (Hot made to order) but were fine and allow you to grab your food from your room and get to Denali for the early park buses.
Decor was as a previous reviewer also said not that great. The Inn is a bit like your Grandmother's spare room to borrow from them.... however, it was clean, the bed was more comfortable than anything I even have at home and the Jacuzzi tub in our room was wonderful after a long day in the park. Overall an amazing experience and what a sunset spot!!!!
Also... I left a couple things behind in a drawer and they were already at my home when I arrived 9 days later before I even realized they were missing. That's great service!

Comments