Nome Hotels

Our Members Say

• sambolini profile photo sambolini
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bering Sea Bed and Breakfast: Best Place to stay in Nome, Winter 09

Totally recommend this Bed and Breakfast!

The host, was an awesome lady who even picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at the end. She was lovely.

The accomodation was perfect and the breakfast, well put it this way...we looked forward to it every day! Massive queen/king size bed with a tv that had cable.

Bed was super comfortable, there was even a bath with jets in it. The host was so kind to us, we got delayed because of bad weather and she went out to get us some subway for lunch! She also put our shoes into a heated room for us so they could dry overnight.

It was a home for us not a hotel...

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written April 4, 2009

• RickinDutch profile photo RickinDutch
  • Reviews: 380

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nugget Inn: Right on the Bering Sea

It's been about 15 years, but I spent many a night over a two year stretch at what was then the largest, best and ONLY hotel in Nome. I understand that has changed and other places are available. Good!

You know how just a little dirt in your room makes you suspect that the whole place hasn't been cleaned right? Had that feeling every night I stayed there. That and the TV stuck up in the corner hanging from the ceiling that the only way you can watch it is to be completely prone on the bed used to drive me batty. And I don't get sick very often, but every time I'd get back home to Anchorage after a night at the Nugget I had a flu like illness that lasted days.

Good food at the restaurant tho and the Gold Dust bar was always packed. And right next door is the Board of Trade - the most famous bar in Nome.

Now that you've read all this - I just read an article in Alaska Magazine that recommends the Aurora Inn and Suites.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 2, 2005
Tip Photo

The Nugget Inn

• extremist profile photo extremist
  • Reviews: 120

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Our Cabin: Lanes on the River

This is our cabin along the Niukluk River, very comfortable and accomodating for being in a remote place. There is a generator for electricity, and a well house for water for the shower, and laundry and dishes. There is no cable or phones here or stores or traffic. It is a numbingly quiet place, I love to bring a blanket to crotchet, read a book, take a walk and hike and look for blueberries, and of course fish for salmon.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel
  • Written August 14, 2004
Tip Photo

Our cabin along the River

• Skylink profile photo Skylink
  • Reviews: 295

Hotels and B&B's tend to be...

Hotels and B&B's tend to be more expensive than on the US mainland. I stayed at the 'No Place Like Nome' bed and breakfast. There are 2 or 3 rooms in this family's home that they allow visitors to stay.

• Opinion of Price: