Pasagshak State Recreation Site Hotels

• herzog63 profile photo herzog63
  • Reviews: 2254

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pasagshak State Recreation Site: Tenting

There isn't any cost to pitch a tent out here. There are a couple of picnic tables and there are some firepits too. You can camp anywhere you want within the park. One thing to consider is Buffalos!! Quite often you will be passed by over 100 Buffalo in the morning then again in the evening. There is a Ranch that owns them and they "migrate" twice daily! So you won't want to sent up your tent in the main track that they use. The last time we camped out there they went off their regular path and came within a few feet of our tent while my wife was still sleeping in it! My son and I were fishing and couldn't get over to the tent in time. But everything worked out ok. There are a couple of times of the year that there will seem like there are too many people here and thats Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th and Labor Day weekend. The other times it is pretty quiet...

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Beaches, Camping
  • Written July 17, 2003
Tip Photo

My tent

• herzog63 profile photo herzog63
  • Reviews: 2254

There are a few different cabins/lodges: Private cabins

I've never stayed at any of the cabins or lodges at Pasagshak. I usually just sleep in a tent but if your interested in more information you can contact me and I'll get you more phone #'s. This guy is quite enterprising by posting his telephone number right on the side of his lodge. It is one of the newer ones in the area. They are all very close to the river and make a great place to just relax or base a fishing or hunting trip from.

• Opinion of Price: about average