3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Mile 0.5, Exit Glacier Road, PO Box 2301, Seward, Alaska, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

A good range of beers at the bar

We were picked up from the Seward harbour after our six hour sealife and glacier tour.

Only stayed for one night as part of our short trip to Seward and then headed back to Anchorage in the morning.

We stayed in the Bluebell Lodge. Huge rooms, but you'd better hope for good weather as you'll have to brave the elements to get to your room from reception and to get to breakfast in the morning.

Excellent bar with a good range of micro beers at the Roadhouse.

Also very good buffet breakfast for $14 each...eat as much as you can. I particularly liked the biscuits and gravy!

Unique Quality: Hotel receptionist turned out to be Manchester United fan and she couldn't believe it when I told her that I was a season ticket holder. The subject came up as we were checki8ng in and she mentioned that she was coming to England in October. October is a rather unusual month to visit I asked and she said she was coming over to go to a football match. I asked which game she shyly mentioned Man Utd v Liverpool.

Much to her surprise I said that I would be at the game too and that she should give me a shout when she came over. I haven't heard from her yet! All the way top Alaska to meet a fellow red, would you believe it!

• lizilex's Profile Photo

Under Construction, Please check back.

Under Construction, Please check back.

We paid $129 double, plus tax.

Unique Quality: Alaska Native owned and operated.

Shuttle service between the lodge, the railroad depot, small boat harbor, downtown Seward, cruise ship dock and airport.

Affiliated with Kenai Fjords Tours. The hotel can book boat tours of Resurrection Bay and beyond.

Directions: From Seward Highway, turn at Milepost 3.7 on to Exit Glacier Road and continue a half mile to the lodge

Comments