Soldotna Inn

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Convenient on Spur Hwy

My sister and I had been driving the whole day in Southern Alaska and we decided not to go back to our "paid" hotel in Anchorage and just look for another one in Kenai or Soldotna. It was a Sunday and it was so hard to find an available room! Finally though we found one in Soldotna after calling this inn over the phone.

The lady was nice and had a room with two beds but then it was a "pet room" -- well, we did not have pets and we are not allergic to fur, so okay...

It was just for $90-100 for the night if I remember right, and the room was small but okay for a night stay. We were given a room on the second floor and it had two entrances - one through the lobby and another door going to the terrace. The bathroom is small but then that is expected of log-cabin type hotels (this is similar to the Pioneer Lodge I slept in at Utah).

However, I have to be honest in this review and we did find something not so pleasant - an underwear under the bed (I took a picture but decided not to post here) and also,you have to run the water for a few minutes to make it clear (rusty).

But on the brighter side, the breakfast was okay with cereal and coffee, and I think there were donuts too. But I just ried to eat healthy and ate the apple. They have 2 computers that you can also print for free from.

There is also a restaurant beside it called Mykel's but we did not try it.

Overall, a good hotel with friendly staff to stay at for the night when in Soldotna and very convenient on Spur Hwy.

More about Soldotna Inn

Interior Alaska

by jemcat

"The Interior"

I flew into Anchorage where my son and his family picked me up and drove to Fort Greeley on Hwy. 2 towards Delta Junction. The scenery was unlike any thing I'd ever seen. Fort Greeley is an Army base located in Delta Junction. Delta Junction is the end of the longest highway in Alaska. The next day we went to the town of South Pole to visit with Santa, Mrs. Clause and his reindeer. Then up the Richardson Hwy. to the Fairbanks Vistor Center and check out the city.
It's August and the days are long which is energizing because your body doesn't want to sleep. The Land of the Midnight Sun at 11pm at night is similar to SC's 5pm EST.

We left there and proceeded to Nenana, Anderson lear, Healy, to Denali National Park on Hwy. 3. Here we saw gigantic carrabo and moose. It's well worth the long ride to the parks entrance.
We didn't get to see Mt. Mckinley because it was cloudy. Let me tell you that the scenery on this side Hwy. 3 is completely different than 1.
Once we arrived back in Anchorage we hit Hwy. 1 again to Seward. You must take a hike up to Exit Glazier to experience and see its blue beauty.

"South Alaska - Anchorage to Homer"

Eagle River outside of Anchorage is beautiful with the Chugach Mountains. Traveling around Turnagain Arm with the ocean and mountains is breathtaking. On to Girdwood & Whittier is a small fishing town. There is only one way in and one way out. That is through a tunnel driving on a railway. It was cheaper to allow this than blast another tunnel for cars. Broken pieces of glaziers where along side of the coves. Awesome! We passed Cooper River and stayed at the Soldotna Inn which was rustic but fun. As we were driving thru the small town of Ninilchik we stopped to enjoy the fair. The highschool rodeo sponsored it which was very simple and ole timey and we had a blast. Homer. I am overwhelmed by the beauty of the mountains, rivers, glaciers and oceans.

Comments