Soldotna Inn

jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Convenient on Spur Hwy

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2009

My sister and I had been driving the whole day in Southern Alaska and we decided not to go back to our "paid" hotel in Anchorage and just look for another one in Kenai or Soldotna. It was a Sunday and it was so hard to find an available room! Finally though we found one in Soldotna after calling this inn over the phone.

The lady was nice and had a room with two beds but then it was a "pet room" -- well, we did not have pets and we are not allergic to fur, so okay...

It was just for $90-100 for the night if I remember right, and the room was small but okay for a night stay. We were given a room on the second floor and it had two entrances - one through the lobby and another door going to the terrace. The bathroom is small but then that is expected of log-cabin type hotels (this is similar to the Pioneer Lodge I slept in at Utah).

However, I have to be honest in this review and we did find something not so pleasant - an underwear under the bed (I took a picture but decided not to post here) and also,you have to run the water for a few minutes to make it clear (rusty).

But on the brighter side, the breakfast was okay with cereal and coffee, and I think there were donuts too. But I just ried to eat healthy and ate the apple. They have 2 computers that you can also print for free from.

There is also a restaurant beside it called Mykel's but we did not try it.

Overall, a good hotel with friendly staff to stay at for the night when in Soldotna and very convenient on Spur Hwy.

Nearby Soldotna Inn

5 Photos of Soldotna Inn

Amenities at Soldotna Inn

• Restaurant
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Pets Allowed
  • Kitchenette

Soldotna Travel Forum

Need advice about Soldotna, Alaska? Visit the Travel Forum for Soldotna and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Soldotna hotel reviews

Favorites
Local Artists
Rent a car
Transportation
the freshest Halibut I 've ever had!
Restaurants