210 Egan Drive, Valdez, Alaska, 99686, United States

Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• KARLPORTER56's Profile Photo

Glacier Sound Inn

We stayed here 2 nights. After one of the best car rides of my life from Wasilla to Valdez we entered the city and arrived at the hotel.Quite Frankly when I saw it and walked into the Lobby, I was beginning to wonder if I made a good choice since I made the reservations through Expedia(it needed paint). The Clerk said our reservations were messed up but said that was no problem and he was also very helpful.Our room was old and smelled a bit musty but the outside temperature was cool and all we did was open the window. It helped out with the smell.. All the way open is high halfway is medium and slightly open was low. The AC worked perfectly. We chilled out in Vadez, so we spent 2 nights here. They also had a breakfast, The morning lady clerk was extremely friendly and talkative and we actually decided that we like the Glacier Sound Inn mostly because of the staff and it's location.. If they still have the same staff we'd stay there again.There is a bar and a restaurant.. The Bar was seperated from the rooms so we weren't bothered by it.. I recommend this place if you want to save a few bucks and you aren't too picky.. It was OK by me..

Unique Quality: Smack dab in the center of town directly across from the museum.

More about Glacier Sound Inn

by LaurenBloo

Hi, the Glacier Sound Inn seems to be the cheapest lodging option in Valdez. Since it's just me traveling alone, I want to make sure it is in a decent area, not sketchy or anything. Anyone know of it and if it is okay?!?! Thanks!

RE: Glacier Sound Inn

by gagesmom1

Hi, I am not familiar with the Glacier Sound Inn, but my family and I will also be in Valdez this summer. I tried to get some information via several websites for you, but nothing really helpful came up. I would suggest checking out the Valdez tourism site at www.valdezalaska.org. If all else fails, and you get no replies from this forum, you can go to the Valdez information section of the www.valdwzalaska.org site which lists contact information for the local police department,and e-mail or call them-THEY should know if the hotel is safe for single travelers.

RE: Glacier Sound Inn

by jackin

I've never stayed at the Inn you mentioned but I do visit Valdez often and ahve been there roughly 10-15 times over the past decade. There really are no sketchy areas of town other than the hillsides in town where some summer cannery workers set up tents but most are harmless and only looking to work and save money. Most of them leave their campsites set up while they're gone so that says something. Another thing to consider is it's near daylight almost all day during the summer so people are out and about all day. ..like i said, no real sketchy areas of town. The 24 hour grocery store, Eagles, has customers all day long. ...er, actually, it's Safeway now. In peak season, you'll find RV's and tents along the main roads in just about every pullout that's big enough.

The only unsettling part is how most roadsigns are riddled with bullet holes and close range shotgun blasts. :D LOL

Comments