Valdez Hotels

Our Members Say

• shinobu profile photo shinobu
  • Reviews: 12

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fisherman's Rack: Great B & B

This is a classy B & B for less than $100 a night. The place is clean as a whistle. Guest rooms are downstairs, with a kitchen as well, and the family lives upstairs. Breakfast is served upstairs at 8 AM and is excellent - a new surprise every morning. We stayed three nights and were the only guests. I did think it would be a little crowded if all three rooms downstairs were occupied at the same time. The B & B owner runs a fishing charter business too.

A computer is available in the guest quarters for e-mail and internet (free). Very convenient.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written November 23, 2006

• tia77 profile photo tia77
  • Reviews: 13

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

In the Woods Bed and Breakfast: Cozy Bed and Breakfast

We stayed at this cozy Bed n Breakfast for one night while visiting Valdez. It is about ten miles out of the town, but well worth that extra drive. We stayed in the "green room" and it was a good size and fit four of us comfortably (my nephew slept on a cot in a recessed area that he loved). We had the whole downstairs area to ourselves and the privacy was nice. The Miller family was very nice and accomodating. If I am ever in the area again, I will make this my stop. Highly recommended.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 21, 2006
Tip Photo

In the Woods Bed and Breakfast

• mht_in_la profile photo mht_in_la
  • Reviews: 881

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Valdez Hostel: Convenience and hospitality

When I visited Valdez there was a hostel in town. It's located at Alatna St. near Prince William Sound Community College. It's run by a friendly local family. I spent 2 nights there and they charged $17 per night. It's cozy and they had free internet which was very nice.

Just checked their website and couldn't find it anymore. It's sad. Like many hostels in Alaska it comes and goes. Not sure if there's any hostel in town now. I didn't take a picture when I stayed, sorry.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written July 15, 2003

• worldtrekker profile photo worldtrekker
  • Reviews: 666

Bear Paw RV Park: Bear Paw RV Park

I believe it was $15 per tent.

Excellent views of boat harbor and surrounding mountains. Very clean bathrooms and hot showers. Very nice, quiet, wooded tent sites, some platforms, among the salmonberries on Porcupine Hill. Fish-cleaning table and freezer available.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive