11 Howell Ave., Bisbee, Arizona, 85603, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Historic Hotel

Unique Quality: Nice balcony and pool. Award winning restaurant. Saloon.

More about Copper Queen Hotel

Copper Queen Hotel, THE place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member BertleBee

Three friends and I stayed at The Copper Queen Hotel this weekend (June 16,17 2006) and had a blast. The rooms are nice and we even had a clawfoot bathtub. The old west/turn of the century decor was great and the new owners are working to restore it back to an even more complete turn of the century after the last owners kind of modernized it. The Winchesters food was great and I think I had a great time in the saloon (though I'm not sure as there are several blank spots in my memories) Ask for Olivia when drinking there...she rocks! In all the place was great, good food,atmosphere,staff and mgmt.

Clean Hotel Friendly People in Bisbee

by Basaic about Hotel San Ramon

The Hotel San Ramon is right next to the Copper Queen Hotel in the heart of Old Bisbee. The rooms have private baths, cable TV, and Wi-Fi. There is a restaurant on premises. I did not stay here just took the tour.

Historic Hotel in Bisbee

by Basaic about Copper Queen Hotel

The Copper Queen is an historic hotel built in 1903. It used the Victorian style of architecture and was a very high class hotel in its day. It has 52 rooms including some special rooms like the Teddy Roosevelt Room. Rates vary from 89 to 197 dollars. All rooms have private baths and Wi-Fi. There is also a meeting space for up to 40 people. Kids are OK. No pets or smoking. I did not stay here just took the tour. Photo 5 shows one of the rooms the "Teddy Roosevelt Room". Nice balcony and pool. Award winning restaurant. Saloon.

Incredible dinner

by TripAdvisor Member rescueguy

I was only in the area for a few days and was looking to get out of the city for an evening looking for a good dinner. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee, AZ, only 20 miles from my meeting location, and close to numerous tourist sites.
What a great place!! I had a superb gourmet quality dinner served by a very attentive wait staff, and with wonderful presentation of the meal. Price was comparable for a meal of the same quality, and definitely worth the cost. I was able to sit on the balcony at a table complete with linens, candlelight, and an amazing view of the mountains.
After dinner, I asked to see a few of the rooms, and was treated to a tour of the hotel by the new owner. The owners just purchased the hotel in Dec. 2005, and have done a wonderful job. After such an incredible experience, I will definitely return with my wife whenever I am in the area

What a great place!

I have visited Bisbee on several occasions. On my last two trips, I have stayed at the Copper Queen Hotel, and twice have been extremely pleased with my stay. As with the other comments, if you are looking for a Marriott of Hilton type stay, you won't find that here.
You will find a hotel that recently turned 104 years old. It is very well kept, and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms are comfortable and clean.
The satff is very friendly and accomodating to say the least. I have yet to encounter any type of maintenance issues during my stay, however, considering the building is 104 years old, I doubt that I would complain about it if I did.
I have dined at the restuarant several times and have yet to have a bad meal, and the service, although a bit slow (Remember, this is Bisbee!), was fantastic.
I will continue to patronize the Copper Queen during trips to Bisbee. The fact that it's older, and I have to park a few blocks away, won't deter me. First time visitors to Bisbee and the Copper Queen should do thier homework. This is afterall, a historic mining town. The Copper Queen is centrally located and within walking distance to everything.
It's just the place!

Had a Great Time

Attended Bisbess pride this last weekend. Had a great time. The hotel staff strives to make sure that your stay is a very memorable experience. Once you step through the doors and are greeted by the desk clerk Carol and the rest of the staff you feel welcome. Step into the bar for a cool drink served by Olivia and relax. The food is good. The rooms are available in different sizes. Every room is very unique. And has a story to tell.
I'm already planning on returning soon.

Not worth it

Save your money. This place is a rip off. I realize it is an old hotel but there is no excuse for the problems we ran into. We called to try to book the room and we were told they were all filled up. But online there were rooms available. So we booked online at a horrible rate of $218.00 a night. We called the hotel to ask about the room before booking it and were now told that the only room available would be online but it was large and had 2 bedrooms in it. So we went ahead and booked it because we had our hearts set on going away for the July 1st weekend. We thought for 2 bedrooms it would be worth it for the 3 of us. We got there to be surprised that there are no 2 bedroom suites. We were deceived. They denied telling us there were 2 bedrooms in our booked room. So we were stuck in the Teddy Roosevelt room for $218.00 for one night. The only thing that makes it Teddy Roosevelt is because several pictures of him hang in the room. There is NO luxury whatsoever in this room. The window a/c unit kept us up most of the night because the compressor was so noisy when it kicked on. It should of been replaced years ago. Where the toilet meets the tank, water was leaking from. The tv remote control did not work. We got a replacement, but that didn't work either. We were going to eat in their restaurant but after seeing 2 cockroaches (one in our bathroom and the other on the hall wall) , we ate elsewhere. This place is greedy for the money and would not do anything but knock $10.00 off of our bill. The room was run down too. The bedding should have been replaced long ago. The furniture was knicked up pretty good. They should be ashamed of themselves for charging $218.00 for one night in this room. Rates were more because it was the July 4th weekend. What a joke. Nothing was going on in the town for July 1st and 2 nd. Oh but there were some old fashioned crescent American flags hanging from the hotel windows, so I guess that justifies their "holiday rates".

COPPER QUEEN HOTEL SIGNCOPPER QUEEN HOTEL SIGN