Carefree Resort & Villas

Tags

Golf Singles Family Travel
See Amenities
jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Excellent pool for dating singles...awesome golf!

by written on July 8, 2009

We decided to go beyond Scottsdale and ended up at the Arts and Craft Fair at the Carefree Resort and Villas where my wife and her friends were able to buy very affordable watches and accessories. The resort itself which is at an elevation of 2,500 feet, is amazing. I was amazed the pool scene on the July 4th day, as the pool was filled at lunchtime with lots of young “dating-age” people --- there were only a handful of kids. I guess this is more like an “adult” pool scene.
But, this resort does offer a lot, including unique hiking experiences, challenging cycling routes, world-class golf (nearby Legend Trail, designed by Rees Jones), and gorgeous sunsets. And they do have a rejuvenating spa… signature body treatments, facials, manicures, pedicures, and Babymoon packages
The resort is located in the Sonoron Desert, nestled in the heart of Tonto National Forest. It is only minutes from The Spanish Village and El Pedregal at Carefree, two fun-filled shopping and dining destinations. And although it did feel far as we were heading north from Scottsdale, this place is only 35 miles to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).

DelfinoWalker Apr 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM

This used to be a unique place. Fireside chats with local Indians, families being able to roast marshmallows around the fire, two bars. This place has become outdated, rude, rule heavy. No bathtubs, even though it has been suggested numerous times. Bad selection on TV. It can be noisy as well. As I reserved my room with a debit card, they expect the full balance to be on there for your ENTIRE stay, even though you pay for it at the end of your stay. I had to ask my son to "guarantee" my stay! I've been coming here for eight years! Have never been so humiliated! Each year I arrive hoping to find things improved, and each year I'm more disappointed. There will be no next year for me. Pick another place, as this one has no idea how to treat a loyal guest!!!

Nearby Carefree Resort & Villas

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Carefree Travel Forum

Need advice about Carefree, Arizona? Visit the Travel Forum for Carefree and ask our Answer Gurus.

Carefree Travel Guide