2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

100 Main Street, Bia Route 7-Garcia Trading Post, Chinle, Arizona, 86503-0295, United States

BEST WESTERN Canyon de Chelly Inn
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Very Good Hotel in Chinle

The first thing that struck me about the hotel was the staff. They were adequately friendly and efficient. The next thing I noticed was the interesting southwest touches to the decor. My room was actually kind of pretty. My friend Brian and I had a great nights sleep. There is even a great restaurant colocated with the hotel. See my tip for the Junction Restaurant. Price was okay with my military discount.

Unique Quality: Heated indoor pool, free Internet.

More about Best Western Canyon De Chelly Inn

Ok, but overpriced

by vtveen about Best Western Canyon de Chelly Inn

When travelling to Chinle - visiting Canyon de Chelly - we didn’t have much choice for a hotel (Thunderbird Lodge didn’t answer our emails and Holiday Inn didn’t have rooms available). So we stayed automatically in the Best Western Canyon de Chelly Inn. I think these three hotels know they do have a kind of monopoly and all are more or less overpriced. We paid with a senior discount USD 115,- for a room.

Location: in the middle of the town (although there isn’t a real town at all) which means close to some fast food restaurants, a petrol station and a small shopping mall. It is about 3 miles to the entrance of the canyon.
Staff at the reception is not very friendly or courteous.
Room: we had a very spacious and clean room with an excellent King bed on the first floor and enjoyed the sunset sitting on the gallery.
Breakfast: is not included in the price and we had ours in the Junction Restaurant; perhaps our own fault but we ordered not the right stuff and paid much too much.
Other: next to the reception desk is a very small lounge and free internet. The shop doesn’t offer anything special. For our visit to the Canyon de Chelly we had to stay in this motel-style hotel. It was OK, but rather overpriced, especially because breakfast is not included.

(When I say "about average" in the Comparative Price block, I mean to say "about average" in Chinle)

Navajo style and service

by vtveen about Junction Restaurant

I think there are just two sit-down restaurants in Chinle (besides some ‘fast foods’). One of them is the Junction Restaurant, adjacent and belonging to the Best Western Canyon de Chelly Inn.

Location: next to the Best Western Canyon de Chelly Inn
Staff: not too friendly and charming, but I suppose that’s the Navajo culture. Service is quite good.
Inside: restaurant is clean, not very cosy and rather big. It lacks a kind of character.
Food: they serve almost everything one can want: Navajo, Mexican, pizza and American. We had a Seafood Combo Platter (fried fish, fries and salad), which was satisfying.

Be aware Chinle is Navajo country and it is not allowed to serve alcohol and we had to drink lemonade after a long and hot day. We paid USD 21,- for the main menu, which was very cheap !!

Comments