Cottonwood Hotels

• Basaic profile photo Basaic
  • Reviews: 7790

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sundial Motel: Hotel in the Old Town Area

I wanted to stay in the Old Town Area so I opted for the Sundial Inn. Accomodations were $55 for a night or I could get the room for $175 for a week. Frequently the places that offer weekly rates (except chain places like Studio 6) are not in the best parts of town and attract a less than desirable crowd. This appeared to be the case for the Sundial Inn. The location was good; on the edge of Old Town. The room was adequate; but was infested with tiny roaches. I would not stay here again. I met a guy from Cottonwood in Jerome the next day and when I told him I stayed at the Sundial he said, "oh, bad choice".

The patio area was very nice. The owners was having a cookout with some of the permanent guests.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Road Trip, Historical Travel
  • Written October 17, 2008
Tip Photo

Sun Dial Motel

• Yaqui profile photo Yaqui
  • Reviews: 4678

Cottonwood Hotel: The Oldest Hotel in Cottonwood

This is a very simple and very historic 1920's hotel. It is famous for accommodating many celebs such as John Wayne, Gail Russell, Mae West and Elvis Presley. It is very conveniently located right on main street so you can explore all the local shops, restaurants and many historical attractions.

• Opinion of Price: about average