Americana Inn-Route 66 Flagstaff

2650 East Route 66, (formerly Rodeway Inn), Flagstaff, Arizona, 86004, United States

Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• descant1's Profile Photo

Very convenient along Interstate 40.

After a long drive from Amarillo Texas then completing the whole stretch of New Mexico, our GPS guided us to this Rodeway Inn along interstate 40 in Flagstaff, Arizona. This was the last stop of our route 66 trip before heading up north to Grand Canyon, well pretty much 1 hour and a half south of Grand Canyon.
    Very tired and hungry, we abosulety need this place. The guy in the lobby was not so friendly and did not honor the coupon I presented, supposed to be $ 59 but I paid $ 79, well I didn't care at that time, all we need is to eat and sleep.
    Bringing up our luggages to the 2nd floor hastened our already diminshing energy.
    We entered our room and right away all those hassles vanished. A good size room for 2 queen beds. Very clean and fresh. A huge sliding door going to the balcony caught my attention to check out the outside view. Wow, it's a right size pool in the middle of a South-Western feel landscape.
    FREE WI-FI, Free Continental Breakfast and a pool, all of these by Route 66 and Grand Canyon Area, it's up for you to decide. I'll come back again.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Strike Three?

This is the third Flagstaff hotel I have written a review for here on VT and I have not been really pleased with any of them. I will keep trying and someday I will find one to write a rave review about.

I stayed at the Americana Inn because I wanted to stay at a hotel on the Historic Route 66. The sign said Micro Refrig. My room didn't have any. It also had no Air Conditioning. The TV and lights were unplugged. The advertised "continental breakfast" was underwhelming. It is also located near the train tracks so you could hear the trains all night. All in all not a place I would stay again. It was cheap though.

• caffeine_induced78's Profile Photo

with the whistle for company

On Santa Fe Ave. about one mile east of downtown you will find a large stretch of motels to rest you weary and poor head. The motels can charge as low as 20 dollars (I paid 24) in the low season but the prices can rise to 40 or 50 dollars for the same room when the Summer in the Valley makes for thousands of refugees from the heat. The busy railroad track runs right next to these motels so expect to be waken up about 6 times during the night to the rumble and whistle.

Unique Quality: Most have cable and that's about it.

Directions: on a stretch of Santa Fe Ave. between 1 and 3 miles East of downtown Flagstaff.

Comments