Days Inn Flagstaff-Highway 66

1000 West Highway 66/I-40, I-40 & Highway 66 Exit 195, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001, United States

Days Inn Flagstaff-West Route 66
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• Christophe01's Profile Photo

Days Inn Hotel

Passing through Flagstaff in 2011, we stayed one night at this hotel. The room was clean, the bathroom too. We did not use the pool, because it was raining. It's a pity!
    I will return.

Bar

More about Days Inn Flagstaff-Highway 66

Pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member Turfite

Stayed one night 4/26/05 and found the place to be very clean and staff helpful. Booking in was easy although we had pre-booked. Hotel room was nice and clean. In essence just what you you would expect of a national chain hotel. Everything was as it should be and we had no cause for any complaints. As a result of our first time at a Days Inn we booked further rooms on our travels at Phoenix and Yuma and had good times there too.

Nice place to stay...

by TripAdvisor Member CGTraveler

We were just at this hotel for a "romantic" 10th anniversary getaway - with out two kids (9 & 14)!! LOL! It was miracle we made it at all considering our a/c unit on our house went out - but we were able to cancel and reschedule reservations very, very easily via the Net.

This hotel is really cool. Very retro looking, but not dumpy. It sits up on a hill overlooking Route 66 and you can see the NAU campus and Skydome from it. Behind the hotel is a hill with green trees and grass - gorgeous!!

The room was just your basic hotel room, but it was clean and roomy. The ONLY complaint we had (and maybe it's just US) was that we found the beds to be really uncomfortable. When we laid down, our bed was broken or something and kept rolling my husband towards me - which drove him crazy. We had a room in the "pet wing" and it did not smell or in anyway appear to have had pets in it. Plus, we could not hear the several dogs that were there barking AT ALL like some have said.

The pool is GORGEOUS! A big 'ol sparkling blue pool with chaise lounges all around it. It isn't heated though, so the kids and hubby took a quick dip before they got too cold. I sat out beside the pool and read, and I could have stayed there all day and night....

We slept too late to take advantage of their breakfast they offer, but my parents have stayed there and they love it. Belgium waffles and all kinds of goodies - much better than your average hotel.

Stay Somewhere Else

Paid over $110 (AAA rate) for a room that was worth no more than $60. Room needed new furniture and bathroom needed to be updated. Wire exposed in corner of bathroom. Poor water pressure in shower (important to me and fiance). Room was clean and continental breakfast was satisfactory. I wouldn't stay here again as there are many other options in Flagstaff.

Nice, Clean, Good Value

We were pleased with our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. The grounds were nice and clean. Enjoyed our room facing the back mountain area. No complaints, except for some train noise which awoke us the first night, but after that the noise didn't seem to bother us. Didn't use the pool, but it looked very large.

The lobby was nice and cozy feeling. Customer service was great there. The staff was very friendly and very accomadating. Didn't take advantage of this great bonus, but they had a pool table, foos ball table and some video games in their game room (all cost money). The breakfast was a pretty standard continental breakfast with the addition of waffles that you can make yourself with cups of mixed-up waffle mix.

Hotel is convieniently located to a Target, Barnes and Noble and other stores/restaurants.

Good value, pleased. Would stay there again.

Could do better

by TripAdvisor Member matwags

We stayed 2 nights in August 2005. The location is very near historic Flagstaff.

First off, this a MOTEL. The room was decent sized. The bathroom was dated and had some debris behind the toilet. The stairway from the second floor smelled horrible.

Breakfast was included and was continental plus, including homemade waffles.

While the price was good. There are several nicer looking properties close by.

Nice place, shame about the railroad

For a Motel we were very impressed. The room was large, very comfortable and very clean.

The staff were most helpful and polite.

The railroad nearby kept us awake most of the night but that is not the fault of the hotel. Because of the hooting of the trains every ten minutes or so all night we would not return which is a shame because they are a credit to themselves.

Mildew, Bad Beds and an Ugly Bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member Mario66

After making a pre-paid, no cancellation reservation for a room with 2 queens, we were put into a room with double beds. Since we got to our rooms late in the evening, I called the front desk the following morning to see about a room with queen beds. (The beds were hard and my wife had not slept well.) I was informed that no queens were available. I asked about a rate reduction since we had paid in advance for a room with queen beds and the response was that they would be willing to check us out of the motel! Some hospitality! Meanwhile, my wife mentioned to someone at the desk that there was quite a bit of mildew in the bathroom. They responded by sending a maintenance worker to caulk over it. We took them up on their offer and moved to a different property for our 2nd night in Flagstaff. I travel frequently and this is the first time I have ever posted a negative review of a motel. I am usually easy to please but I don't think it's a good practice to accept payment for one type of room and then only offer something less.

P.S. The tub did not have a stopper, and the bathroom had green tile, blue/gray wallpaper and a yellow shower curtain. It was cover your eyes ugly.

Quaint, clean, old

We had a good deal on this one, $49, so didn't expect a bunch. It was a very large room, with old style furniture (the place IS 40 years old). I think it is one of the places in town that is less noisy. Flagstaff is full of trains, and they pass by constantly. We could hear train noise, but they didn't whistle near us too much (not at a cross road). They still woke a few of us up during the night, even with earplugs.

The sink is outside the bathroom, with a fair amt of counter space. Old bathtub, with small amt of mold is a few grout places, old fashioned green tile, chipped tub, it looked just like home or grandma's. Very low showerhead and I'm 5'3". Breakfast was waffles, juice, fruit, bagels, muffins, donuts - typical. Towels were very absorbant, but small.

did someone die here?

by TripAdvisor Member sonybalony

Where do I begin...

We stayed one night at the Days Inn in Flagstaff. The room air was very stale so we opened a window. To sleep with a window slightly open, we needed more blankets. When I asked the front desk for a blanket, I was told they had none. I asked for a bedspread and was told they had none. I asked for extra towels; they gave us 4 extra towels so we used towels as blankets to cover my 11 year son. Then my allergies kicked in during the night.

The next morning when stripping the bed, we found, to our shock and horror, blood stains on the side of one of the box springs. The largest stain was 3-4 inches in diameter. This is not a typo. Then a 4-6 inch line of smaller blood spots. We left within 15 minutes.

They advertised a pool, but there was no indoor pool. Only a hot tub.

Nice place!

We spent one night here in july 2005. It´s a great place for a great rate. Nice and clean rooms and friendly staff. The motel is within walking distance to the historic downtown.

Comments