300 S Milton Rd, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com DruryHotels.com

More about Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff

Awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member mclpc

We paid about $116/night for a overnight stay this past June. It was probably the greatest value of Flagstaff. The hotel was brand new, it opened maybe three weeks prior to our arrival. Everything was great. We loved our room with the terrace.
We had no problems with this hotel at all, it was clean, modern, and the newest hotel in Flagstaff.
As for the person who was complaining about only having one type of beer for the managers reception, need I remind you its FREE! Don't complain! Its free.
Overall no negatives, it was a great stay and will stay again.

Beautiful looking but problems!

by TripAdvisor Member sueAz

We travel to Flagstaff frequently often pertaining to my husband's business but sometimes just for fun. We generally stay at the Hampton Inn on Beulah Blvd and have never had a bad experience there. That being said though, when we heard a Drury Inn had opened we thought we would give it a try. We stayed at a Drury Inn in St. Louis recently and were very impressed.

As we passed the Hampton Inn on the way in, I felt sad to not be stopping there but when we spotted the Drury Inn we were impressed. My husband went in to check in and his words to me upon returning were,"This is a step up from the Hampton." The lobby was impressive as we walked in and our room was also very nice-spotlessly clean and nicely laid out.

We were informed about the manager's reception so we went down at 6 for that. It had started 30 minutes earlier and most everything needed re-filling. There was a carrot stick and 2 celery sticks on a plate with ranch dressing spilled all over next to it. The kitchen helper was so busy dispensing drinks that when we asked her for more vegies she said they were soaking and she would get them soon. We waited another 15 minutes watching the only other food[chips and crackers] dissapear before vegies were brought out. Tables were not being cleared and wiped and travellers were walking in and out looking confused that this was the "reception" they were so proud of. We gave up and went out for food.

The next morning, the story was repeated during breakfast. The hot foods were completely empty while a "chef" at least a stressed looking girl in chef's attire tryed filling chafing dishes quickly with cold foods-eggs, french toast etc. Things could not be warmed fast enough relying on sterno alone to heat. I asked for water[a pitcher set out would have been nice] and she came back with a plastic cup filled with room temperature water. Once again, tables weren't bused and the dining room was a mess with dirty dishes and over-flowing garbages.

That evening, the reception was exactly the same-more attention given to serving alcohol than keeping foods filled. When we arrived, there was a metal bowl with broken taco chips, and pretzels. Nacho cheese arrived 10 minutes later and once again, the vegies arrived 20 minutes later.

The front desk staff were very nice I must say and very helpful. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Really, our main complaint was the whole kitchen fiascal. I actually felt bad for the gal running the show there. She simply had too much going on to be handling things herself.

The location is nice for those with NAU business but we found it too close to the train tracks. We also walked to downtown the first evening and the area between the Inn and downtown was rough to say the least. We would never take that walk again.

We gave the Drury Inn a try but we are definitely returning to the Hampton Inn next time. We have stayed there probably 30 times and have always had a wonderful experience there.

I hope the Drury can get organized better because it has great potential.

Very nice new hotel in Flagstaff

by TripAdvisor Member Puravida59

I have been going to Flagstaff for years and usually stay at Little America which I love. My company booked us at the Drury Inn this time. I was very pleased with this hotel and have no complaints. It is in a great location close to town and NAU. Service was great and the room was very spacious and comfortable. I had a room facing the University so it was quiet. One guest was complaining of the train noise (100 trains a day) because he was on the side facing the station. They also offered a coupon for 3 drinks during happy hour and a free buffet breakfast. I didn't take advantage of either of these so I have no opinion to offer but it looked great.

Great Room & Location

by TripAdvisor Member T40

I just stayed at the Drury a few nights ago and thought it was a great hotel! I stayed in one of the suites overlooking the University...as an alum, I really enjoyed the view....The rooms were stylish and clean! The beds were comfy and all in all I really liked it all. There was a nice sized desk so I could get a little work done and had free access to wireless internet using my laptop.

I did not make it to the Happy Hour so I don't have any opinion on that. I did get to breakfast the next morning and although the eggs were runny (which seems to happen anywhere there's a whole tray of scrambled eggs)...the rest of it was great...made a nice crispy waffle and sat down to read the paper.

So great location, friendly service and clean, new (not rundown) rooms.

Great all round - and QUIET

by TripAdvisor Member JC1972

Ended up staying here after discovering all the lovingly described downtown hotels in the Rough Guide to the Grand Canyon were busy. Glad we did.

Upon arrival at Flagstaff (after dark) the Drury seemed to be right on the outskirts. As it turned out, it was only 5 minutes walk to downtown. Double room cost $150 for the first night, but the staff reduced this to the Triple-A rate (had no idea what this meant as I am British) for the next night's stay.

The price included three free drinks at the bar for each guest (the girl at the bar, Maggie, was hilarious and served up good cocktails - remember to tip her people as this is a free bar!). Also free internet access (wireless and on the hotel's own terminals in the (tiny) business centre), free breakfast (hearty and decent) and free 60 mins long distance phone calls from your room (ideal for booking further accommodation in the next state, for example). Price also includes free lcal calls but I understand this is pretty standard in the US.

Stupidly, we diecided to try out the historic Hotel Monte Vista in downtown Flagstaff for the second night of our visit but the noise from passing trains all night (they sound their horns EXTREMELY LOUDLY) sent us running back to the Drury for the third night. We literally got no sleep at the Monte Vista.

Go for the Drury - you won't regret it. If you need any more convincing, there's a very large Barnes & Noble just around the corner that's open until 11pm every night.

Railway Noise! and agree: potentials but not 3*

by TripAdvisor Member joe1968

We had a smaller room (I suppose this was the deal with hotwire s.b.) to side away from railway for 2 nights in September 2008 however my wife woke up ever night even with earplugs because of the train horns all night long (as a European I don't understand how the US-Railway has the right to make such a noise 24/7?)

But that's only a minor problem to the others the management could really infuence:

1. It was my first stay in a Drury and it seems to be a real American Hotel chain. As a European I didn't like the decor so much: wood immitated plastic walls but flat screen TV in a "traditonal" decor styled room. Cheap looking and poor quality of the material they used for constructing (windows are blocked with screws (can't open!) however already broken now shortly after hotel opening)

2. bathroom with tiles but splices made very low quality

3. bathroom missing items I'd expect in a 3* Hotel: fluid soap, shampoo, razor etc.

4. free breakfast very (American) basic and for Europeans nothing really healthy available (no fresh fruits, fresh juice, dark bread) and - as usual for free breakfasts - in plastic cups. Sorry but I just don't like the junk food eating style

5. free evening reception: also very basic compared to the Embassy Suites, cocktails from small plastic cups and in the anonym breakfastroom is poor!!

6. pool: huge signs on the wall instructing to have a shower before entering the pool. BUT THERE IS NO SHOWER NEITHER A CHANGING ROOM! Maybe I'm too much used to Asian Spas but it's just strange to take off your clothes next to pool (having changed to swim suit already in the room) and after the swimming you need to walk through lobby with the wet suit and take the lift back to room?? Reception "you can change in the restrooms in pool area" YES I COULD :-(

7. parking: might be difficult to find a parking "around the hotel" when the there is a convention in parallel in the NAU next door!

All in all: I bought this hotel (with a special deal at hotwire for seventyfive bucks) as a 3* -. and yes it's NEW - but for my understanding (see my review history) it's maximum 2,5* from Service point of view (s.a.), decor (maybe only my taste?) and total appearance (cheap) - it's below Holiday Inn Express!

If you need to pay more than $100 I'd stay elsewhere!!

Bloody good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member redstaruk

Drurys is a pretty decent hotel. I'm from England and know nothing about Drurys but stumbled across it in Flagstaff as most other hotels were full.

We had a suite for $160 Dollars a night which was excellent value for money and the suite was huge and really nice.
We had a great view of Flagstaff, and yes the train noises are a pain, but wherever you stay in Flagstaff it is difficult to avoid this.

The free cocktails deal is good and a nice way to start the evening. Its all a bit micky mouse though, with a young girl making cocktails in a broom cupboard with no proper facilities, but its free so whos complaining. But they are not proper cocktails, it just a spirit with a supermarket bought mixer and to be honest, I would stick to the free wine or beer.

If you do have breakfast, make sure you get there at least 20 minutes before it finishes. I turned up at 0945 and they stop serving at 10AM.
The "chef" (some old dood in a white T-shirt) was running around clearing everything away as he was obviously on job and finish. A rather harrased General Manager was doing his best to put things back, but was obviously a bit worried about upsetting his staff and ended up serving people himself whilst the "chef" already had his jacket on and was going home!! It was all quite funny really. Also the standard of the breakfast was poor, but the hotel hasn't even got a kitchen so this is hardly surprising.

The pool is quite pleasant, but yes bizzarly has no changing room, so the elevators have lots of guests in swimmimg trunks going back to their rooms!

I know I sound critical, but all in all, it was a fairly nice place. This is helped by Flagstaff being such a great town.

Very Nice, Clean, New in Flagstaff

by TripAdvisor Member RouteRunner

A very pleasant new Drury in Flagstaff! This was very nice, very clean with a great complimentary breakfast. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was pretty much like any other chain hotel room, and had good bed and pillows, good seating and lighting, and was very pleasantly decorated. The AC unit was very quiet. The only complaint we had with the room was the limited luggage space. The bathroom was fine, with a high-rise toilet with the option of a partial flush or a jet-flush. The shower was Very Good, and the three full sets of towels were new and plush. The only negatives were the hotel's location on a very busy corner near the center of town and consequently within hearing distance of the trains that pass through town every 1/2 hour. Being wedged on a small plot between an intersection and the corner of the University of Northern Arizona campus, ground-level parking was very limited, with the alternative of a parking garage connected to the hotel by an overhead walkway --- making for a long haul with luggage.

Train in my bedroom

by TripAdvisor Member HeidiTitusville_FL

Nice room, good breakfast, staff helpful, so what's the problem? The trains - all night long and loud! The Embassy Suites down the road promises "No train noise" on their sign - has to better than Drury!

Fine

by TripAdvisor Member Gruff_uk

This place is fine I although I do agree about the train noise, which some people may find disturbs their sleep.
It's clean, it's new, it's well located, it's standard. Not much more you can say!

Comments