Embassy Suites Hotel Flagstaff

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Lodging in Flagstaff

As I did a little research on the Flagstaff area, it became apparent that some of the more moderately priced hotels were situated very close to the railroad tracks. It seemed this was particularly true on those hotels/motels lining Route 66.

Although this was not the case for the Embassy Suites, which was located directly off S. Milton Road, we still asked for a quiet room and were given one at the back of the hotel. We had no problem with noise during the night.

One caution, it's very difficult to make a left turn out of the parking lot. My advice is to turn right, then take a left turn at a light and swing around.

We had an adequate-sized sitting room with tv, couch, coffee and side tables, which you came into when entering the room. The separate bedroom was next to this with another tv, very comfortable large bed and side tables. The sink/vanity was in a small hall outside the bathroom, which is great when two people occupy the room.

Around 7:30 pm or so there was a manager's special and all were invited to the lounge for wine and light snacks. Complimentary breakfast was served the next morning in a dining room off the lobby.

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Flagstaff

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTravaler

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Flagstaff for a few nights on our way to the Grand Canyon.
The hotel is very nice and a great value for the money. The room was quiet and immaculate, the service friendly and efficient, and the breakfast was very good and abundant (something for everyone). The complimentary bar in the eveings is wonderful and the service very friendly. Starbucks coffee was always available in the lobby.
Wonderful hotel and great staff. We would definelty stay here again!

Great Family Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ktown898

We just returned from 1wk stay at the Embassy Suites Flagstaff. We used this as our base for the Grand Canyon and Sedona - Flagstaff sites. We could not believe the staff. Extremely nice and Friendly. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a living room which had a queen sleeper sofa. It was a very nice room for our family of 5. The pool was heated and the kids loved it. The morning breakfast was awesome. The cooks were great and fast. The evening happy hour was 2 hours long and we never had any problem getting served. I would recomend this place.

Great hotel with a great breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member CruisingSue

We just returned from a 4 night stay here. The room was great, a 2 room suite, with 2 TV's and a small kitchenette area that had a refrigerator, microwave and sink. The towels were luxurious and the staff very friendly. The cook to order breakfast and cocktail hour were included in the price. For breakfast you could have pancakes, French toast, eggs, omlettes, bacon, sausage and hash browns- in any combination; plus toast, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, 3 kinds of cereal, and different juices. The only drawback is that this Embassy Suites didn't have an indoor atrium and thus the pool was outside and not yet in use, although the hot tub was available. The weather was in the 50's and windy, due partly to the 7000 ft. elevation. There are many hotels in the area, but I would recommend this one, and it had a wonderful Barnes and Nobles right across the street.

While here, we took the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams, to the Grand Canyon. It was a very relaxing way to go. We went coach on the way over and upgraded to first class on the way back. First class had recliner seats, cheese and crackers, raw vegetables and all kinds of drinks, champagne, soda, and lemonade , all free. It was a nice touch, but also cost $30 more a person, one way.

We also toured Sunset Crater Volcano, Wupatki Indian ruins, Walnut Canyon( more Indian ruins with lots of steps), and Montezuma Well and Castle. They were all very interesting and highly recommended if you like to learn about our past.

Problems with the a/c!

This was my families first stay at an Embassy Suites, having heard many good things about them. Too bad that our experience was not so good. The air conditioning was not working properly in our room. It sounded like it was working and cool air seemed to be coming out of the vents, but the room never cooled off. We called maintenence twice, and were assured both times that everything was working just fine, and the room would cool off shortly. It never did. The morning manager did reduced our bill by $50 for the problems and said that the whole hotel was having a/c problems. Beware anyone who is a/c dependent. On a positive note, the breakfast was wonderful and the chef put on quite a show preparing it before our eyes. It was the best breakfast of our 15 day vacation.

Loved this hotel

This hotel was wonderful. Had made to order breakfast every morning we were there. The chef was very friendly. The room was very clean and spacious. Really liked the bedroom that was separated from the living room. Hotel was in a nice area and close to everything. Would go there again!!!

Only Place to Stay in Flagstaff; But Indifferent Staff

by TripAdvisor Member tombstonemarshal

Although I'm not an expert on Flagstaff, from what I observed the Embassy Suites is the only place for discerning travelers to stay. The hotel is on the main drag (South Milton Road) which brings you in to town when northbound I-17 ends. South Milton is a honky tonk commercial roadway that leads to downtown Flagstaff. It is filled with gas stations, cheap restaurants and even cheaper 1950's style motels. The Embassy Suites sits right among them, but the hotel itself is quite nice.

Our room was immaculate, which is the most important issue. The rooms are attractive, with completely separate bedroom and living areas. But unless you don't mind your child suffering a permanent back injury, don't even think about using the pullout queen size sofa bed in the living area. The mattress on the bed was dreadful. It is wafer thin and lumpy to boot. Don't expect to sink into luxurious comfort on any of the pillows throughout the suite, either.

Also, make sure you are plenty tired before turning in for the night. If you're a light sleeper, you're bound to hear the whistles of the trains during the night. The tracks are no more than 1/4 mile away. Solution? Ask for a room in the back of the hotel.

The hotel has a lovely private courtyard area with a small but attractive heated swimming pool if you are so inclined.

Yes, there is a cooked to order breakfast. But it is cooked in a cafeteria line. Don't be looking for table service. And the rave reviews from other Tripadvisor members about the breakfast are unjustified. The breakfast is good, not great. Maybe they have all been very hungry.

The hotel may have rated 5 stars for what it is but for the indifferent staffers. No one was friendly, although in a modest sized small town hotel, I would have expected to be greeted and treated far more enthusiastically, especially at $160 per night. You can stay at the Mark Hopkins in San Francisco for that price! It was more like one of those deals where you walk up to the front desk and the single staffer feels that he doesn't need to look up and acknowledge your presence until he's good and ready to do so.

Be sure to try Pasto's, a charming little Italian restaurant downtown, a 3 minute ride or 10 minute walk away, for a surprisingly excellent dinner.

I'd Stay Here Again

by TripAdvisor Member karmill_8

We very much enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were attractive and clean. My only complaint was that the sofa bed wasn't too comfortable, but hey, it's a sofa bed. We had six in one room to save money. I guess if we wanted absolute comfort, we could have gotten two rooms.

We also had no complaints about the staff. We were chosen "guests of the day" and received a free movie, popcorn, and other goodies when we checked in. The free drinks from the bar in the afternoon were much appreciated after a day visiting the local sites. We had our drinks in the courtyard, along with dinner we brought back to the hotel. As soon as we finished and began to clean up, a staff member appeared to take our trash for us.

We stayed at many hotels on our two week trip, and this was the only one that provided cooked to order breakfast. Sure, we could have gone to a nice restaurant and had a better breakfast, but this wasn't bad.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Nice hotel, superb treatment, awesome price.

I've stayed at a lot of Embassy Suites around the country and after this, my first stay here, it is now one of my favorites. There are 2 reasons why I'm giving this place 5 stars: First is because my stay was very good (which earned the first 4 stars) and second is the awesome price I got - $60/night government rate (which earned the 5th star). If I would have had to pay a regular rate which was over $120, I would give 4 stars.

My room was a typical suite layout, and pretty much typical Embassy quality. The living room had a couch, chair, desk, coffee table, TV, mini fridge, sink, and microwave. The couch was normal hotel quality, which means OK, but not overly comfortable. I didn't try the sofa bed. The bathroom was typical. The bedroom had a king bed, TV, 2 bedside tables, and a nice clock radio with pre-set stations. The bed itself was decent, but the pillows were terrible. This was the one negative about the place. It was the first Embassy Suites that I've encountered that didn't have feather pillows, and the foam ones that it did have were just horrible.

I saw no signs of the indifferent staff that the other poster mentioned. I would say they were actually above average in attitude, all of them friendly and helpful. I also received great treatment and recognition as an Hhonors elite member (which is their frequent guest program). Upon arrival there was a bottle of champagne waiting for me in my room along with some chocolate bars and a personalized letter from the manager. The bed was turned down and the radio playing soft music. This is the first and only Embassy that has given me this kind of elite recognition, and while not all guests will receive such treatment, it shows that their service is above the average.

One of the main reasons I like Embassy Suites is the free made to order breakfast and while always good, this one ranked higher than most. The cook had an unusually positive attitude and cooked each item when ordered, instead of the usual pre-cooking of the pancakes, french toast, etc. And yes it is cafeteria style instead of table service, but I've never seen a free hotel breakfast that was table style. So I have to also disagree with the poster that said rave reviews of the breakfast weren't justified. If it weren't free I'd say it was only good, but for free it was definitely great.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Good place to stay in Flagstaff

by TripAdvisor Member ArizonaBeachlover

Our family enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites enroute to the Grand Canyon. The room was clean and fairly quiet. Although there was a lot of foot noise from the room above. Loved having the little suite and the free made to order breakfast. The hotel was changing the beds right after our stay (bummer) but should make it even more desirable.

Comments