Inn at 410 Bed and Breakfast

410 North Leroux, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001, United States

More about Inn at 410 Bed and Breakfast

Mean, nasty people!

by TripAdvisor Member Asilul

The places itself was decent - good location - yummy breakfast - but the owners themselves were mean, nasty people. We had to make a change in our plans. The owner never ceased to remind us of what a huge inconvenience it was. Also, two friends joined us on our stay for a single night (and paid the extra $25 per person, per night to do so). The next day, they were utterly humiliated in the lobby because they dared helped themselves to a few lousy cookies (snacks left out for paying guests - which they were). This is not how you treat paying customers - even if they help themselves to some snacks after the "designated" check-out time. I regreted giving them my business.

A Delightful Escape - Absolutely Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Phoenix85028

Absolute perfection at the Inn At 410, from start to finish!
Upon arriving, you are greeted by beautiful gardens & flowers out front. The "lobby" is an open, welcoming living room, complete with complimentary fresh-baked cookies & refreshments. A hand-written note from the owners awaited me in my room; I was so touched by this thoughtful unexpected gesture that I took it home with me.

The guest rooms each have different themes and floor plans. I liked that the owners keep the doors open to the unoccupied rooms so that you can check them out. It gives you an idea of what room to try out the next time you stay here.
The beds are wonderful. The rooms & bathrooms are spacious and clean.

Breakfast was delicious every morning. Everything is prepared fresh. You can eat either inside in the dining room or outside on the shady patio.

The grounds are beautiful & quiet. A perfect setting for reading a book or just relaxing.

The staff is great. They work as if by magic; a private party on the patio the night before was somehow transformed back to its original state early the next day & I never heard a sound (how did they do that so quietly?). My room was kept clean & tidy every day.

The Inn At 410 was the icing on the cake for a great weekend spent in Flagstaff. I would definitely stay there again.

Amazing Experience!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mondiale

We recently spent 4 nights at the Inn while celebrating a friend's birthday. The Inn was completely filled by our group -- and a number of special events were held on the patio during our stay. Despite the full house and extra demands placed on the staff, they were always friendly and warm -- the service was outstanding! The breakfasts were wonderful -- a different gourmet delight every morning. We stayed in the Conservatory this time and it was very comfurtable and inviting. Gordon and his staff make you feel so welcome you will leave reluctantly when it is time to check out. Also, a special thanks to Gordon for sending us the suit my husband left in the closet. Thanks for another wonderful stay.

Absolutely Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member SimiDan

Not only is this a beautiful Inn in a quaint location in Old Town Flagstaff, but the kindness of the owners and staff is phenomenial. We stayed in the Monet Garden Suite. It made us feel like we were in the french countryside. The hand-painted murals are breathtaking and the bed is soooo comfortable that I slept in one day and missed one of their world-class breakfasts.

The staff will go out of their way to make your visit a memorable ocassion. We are well-traveled and not easily impressed, but the Inn at 410 definitely demands a repeat visit.

Dan and Marianne

The best B&B I've been to in a long time

by TripAdvisor Member historytourist

The Inn at 410 was absolutely great. This was the best bed and breakfast I have been to in a long time. My wife and I love staying at B&Bs (2 or 3 per year for the last 12 or so years). This year we traveled to Sedona and Flagstaff and had a great time. The staff were all wonderful. They were just glowing about their inn and about Flagstaff. They helped us in every way we asked, and even provided suggestions about things we had not thought of in visiting Flagstaff. Our room was comfortable and I had no problem falling asleep each night in the plush bed and pillows. And I loved the added luxury of the super nice bath robes. I wish I could have taken one with me... While I love to be outdoors, I have to stay connected, and the Inn provided not one, but two high speed internet access points so that I always had a great signal no matter where I was. The food was excellent. The appearance of the Inn from the street was also gorgeous. I enjoy checking out the local flora, and the front yard of the Inn was in full bloom. We look forward to returning someday to finish our sightseeing in Northern Arizona.

Another wonderful stay!

by TripAdvisor Member BB in PHX

I returned to the Inn at 410 on two separate occasions - on the night of July 31st and the night of August 5th, on my way from Phoenix to a memorial service in Aspen, Colorado.

Again, the rooms were large and incredibly comfortable - more like a 5-star hotel than a bed and breakfast. You never feel like an intruder like at many B&Bs - you truly have your own space to call home. The service is great and the people who run the place are real, down to earth people who are casual and not stuffy. Just steps from the property is a restaurant called Brix that's absolutely amazing, and one of my current "faves".

If you have a chance to experience Flagstaff, be sure to stay here... Flagstaff is the "Aspen of Arizona" and is getting to be quite the hot-spot...

The Inn away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member hesterprynne

We were looking for a peaceful, relaxing weekend away in Flagstaff; the amenities, welcoming staff, and cozy accomodations at the Inn at 410 were just what we were looking for. We were welcomed even before we came by the property manager as he called to check on our location as we drove up from Phoenix. When we arrived, after hours, the manager still went out of his way to make sure we felt at home and that we found our way around Flagstaff. The staff was personable and greated us by name each time they saw us.

The property itself is nestled in a quiet neighborhood a few blocks north of historic downtown. The converted house is full of charm, with a warm parlor filled with cozy chairs and refreshments. Each room has its own personality and theme, which also contributes to the unique "home-away-from-home" feeling. And then the breakfast...

As we stayed in August, we had breakfast down in the garden, under the gazebo, looking out on the hollyhocks. Breakfast began with fresh squeezed juice, coffee, and a yogurt, granola, fruit parfait. Next, the staff brought out a plate containing a homemade frittata, blueberry coffee cake, ham, and oven roasted tomatoes.

What truly made our stay so wonderful was the likeable and generous staff of the Inn. Throughout our weekend, they ensured that we had all the comforts of home and more. We were encouraged to lounge in the parlor and gardens for afternoon refreshments, linger over breakfast, and just relax in our room. We would recommend the Inn at 410 to all who are seeking rest, rejuvination, and a place to feel welcome while on vacation.

Mean, nasty people! Part II

by TripAdvisor Member LuleGirl

What a terrible experience. Here’s a hint: Just read the Management Responses on this website. You will see that each of Gordon’s responses starts with an insult. That is the kind of service you can expect! There is nothing more telling than the words of the owner himself and I am sure we will get the same treatment. We experienced the same arrogant and rude attitude from him whilst we were guests at the Inn.

I will go into our personal experiences in detail later but the situation at the Inn did not make any sense to us until we re-read our guidebook entries. All the guidebooks refer to the wonderful hosts “Howard and Sally”. That’s when the penny dropped. The ownership has changed and the new hosts are riding on the coat tails of the previous owners. They will slowly drive this place into the ground.

This will be a long review so, for those of you that do not want to read it all, here are the highlights of our experience at the Inn at 410:

•Rude, arrogant, inconsiderate, and noisy owner;
•Unsatisfactory daily cleaning service;
•Tired, poorly maintained rooms;
•Mediocre breakfast; and
•Over-priced rooms.

We arrived at the Inn at 3 pm and were shown to our room “Monet’s Garden”. There was a patio outside our room so we decided to leave the door open for some fresh air while we unpacked. To our dismay, the guest from the room above us sat on the patio across from our room and started to smoke cigarettes. We were forced to close our door as the smoke was drifting into our room. We knew that the Inn had a “zero tolerance” no smoking policy “inside and out” so we were very surprised when the girl who had showed us to our room joined the guest and also started smoking. They were there for at least two hours. The guest returned to his room between cigarettes and the noise he was making above our room was a further concern.

As we left for our evening dinner, we went to see the girl to complain about the smoking and the noise. It turned out that the smoking guest was the owner himself! The girl denied that there was a no smoking policy, told us that the area they were in was the “smoking patio”, and couldn’t see that it was a problem. (They have since updated the website to include outdoor smoking areas but the no smoking policy was still posted in the rooms as of our stay ending 9/19). She called the owner and explained our issues but he never spoke to us about it. We asked to move to another room but she said there were none available. We asked about checking out early without penalty but she could not give us an answer and never got back to us. She said that the owner promised to be quiet as he was unaware that he was being noisy. As a side note: BEWARE any hotel that makes you pay IN FULL on check IN.

Our second day we arrived back at the Inn at about 6 pm. The owner, Gordon, was entertaining a number of friends. The noise was outrageous. Normally, we like to relax in our room before going out for the evening but we quickly got changed and went out. When we returned around 10 pm, the place was quiet.

The third day was worse. We arrived back around 4:30 pm and Gordon was having a party. House music was thumping through the floor. We couldn’t believe his total disregard for his guests. We were forced to go out for an early dinner but it was still noisy when we retuned at 7:30 pm. We went out again and returned at 9 pm. It was quiet. I guess Gordon thinks it is acceptable to be noisy until that time. Normally we think No TV’s is great but, when the owner has TV and stereo above your room, it’s not so great.

At no point did Gordon apologize to us. In fact, he would not even acknowledge us or look us in the eye. Great, mature behavior for a proprietor.

The room itself is getting very tired. The towels were threadbare, the Jacuzzi tub broken, the fireplace wouldn’t work, and the AC unit rattled. The daily cleaning service was a joke. They didn’t clean the bathroom or fold the towels. The only thing they did was make the bed. They didn’t refresh the amenities. We were provided with one tiny shampoo between two of us for four days. I expect a lot more from an establishment that charges $230 a night during off season. We stayed at the Fairmont and the Four Seasons in Scottsdale during this trip and both were considerably cheaper and far superior.

The breakfast was decidedly average and very small. There was no choice and we were served things like doughy pancakes, over-baked ham and cold flan. We skipped it entirely on our last day.

There is a journal in the room for writing down your experiences. However, we noted that it is ring bound. That makes it easy for them to tear out the negative reviews! Needless to say, we didn’t write anything.

We travel a lot and this is one of the worst experiences we have ever had. I strongly recommend you look somewhere else for accommodation. If I were the owner, I would take the negative feedback and look for ways to improve rather than slamming my customers. In five years from now, this Inn will not be on any “Best of” lists anymore.

Superb

by TripAdvisor Member 206751

Coming from London this was the quintessential US B&B. The building has been really well looked after and It looks fantastic. The owners have spared no expense in looking after guests with fresh homemade cookies and lemonade left out at all hours. The room was spacious and really comfortable. The breakfasts were fresh and really tasty. I read the previous entries about the owners. However I found them really helpful and friendly people. They gave good advice on where to go in the area and the best routes through to the Canyon. I definately recommend this place!

Just what we hoped for..

by TripAdvisor Member efares

We booked this Inn to use as a reunion of 12 sorority sisters from the 60s, and it fit our needs perfectly. It was a wonderful way to visit and feel at home while Gordon's staff took excellent care of us. Gordon was most accommodating in allowing us to use the patio at cocktail hour, The rooms were beautifully decorated and spacious (we had the Tea Room). The Hospitality Table was refreshed at all times, and it was great to have a cookie and lemonade whenever we wanted a snack. Other refreshments were available as well. Gordon was most helpful in arranging a trip to the Grand Canyon for us so we could all go together and not have to split up in several cars. One thing that we liked was the easy availability of the computer in the lobby to check flights, emails, etc. Gordon graciously printed up our boarding passes as well. As far as we all were concerned, the breakfasts were just delicious and very healthful. And, more than ample. We were there for 4 mornings, and had something different every day. The menu posted in the lobby had us looking forward to our next meal. My husband and I enjoy staying in B&Bs when we travel, and have stayed in many. I would say this Inn ranks at the top of the list.

Comments