224 S. Mikes Pike, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Flagstaff

Counter and servery at Wendys, Flagstaff AZCounter and servery at Wendys, Flagstaff AZ

BAlanced rock on the peak of mountainBAlanced rock on the peak of mountain

DAncefloor and tablesDAncefloor and tables

Fred Harvey's Lookout 1914Fred Harvey's Lookout 1914

Hiking in/near Flagstaff

by askantik

Hello!

I'm travelling with two other people from for about 3 days in the middle of July to Flagstaff. What are some cool places to hike? Nothing too extreme, we're hiking newbies, but something cool. I was looking at Lava River Cave and also Lenox Crater. It's hard to tell whether something is really neat or not without actually seeing it ;)

What do you recommend? I won't be there for long, and we will probably only be able to do 1 or 2 hiking expeditions. And I like ones in remote locations, so that isn't a problem if you think I'll get lost :D

Thanks,
Cody

RE: Hiking in/near Flagstaff

by MikePinTucson

Hi Cody,

I haven't done any hikes around Flag. But here is a site that shows all the hiking trails. Once you join, you can click on a specific hike and find out all about it -- description, ratings of people who have hiked it, pictures, difficulty, etc.

RE: Hiking in/near Flagstaff

by bocmaxima

Haven't done Lava River Cave personally, but I have friends that say it's great.
I've only done Mount Elden, which is rated as strenuous, and it was pretty tough, but yielded a great view of the city.
The Peaks RD of the Coconino NF has a pretty comprehensive site on their trails:
Lockett Meadow is also nice, although I don't know that there are any trails around it.

Travel Tips for Flagstaff

Next page....

by sim1

This was my story about my short detour over Route 66. I hoped you enjoyed reading it! This page is part of my roundtrip through the USA. I made an awesome trip through the Western part of the USA. Take a look at my USA page to read about the rest of this roundtrip.

I devided this travelstory into several chapters. My previous and next chapter are :
- Next page : Grand Canyon page
- Previous page : Death Valley page

Grand Canyon South Rim

by LauraWest

Flagstaff is an easy, scenic drive from the Grand Canyon South Rim. You drive right up to a huge parking lot very close to the edge of the Rim. I went in Novemer, which is perfect weather down there; not hot.
I'd stay overnight in Flagstaff, not near the Canyon, which looks too touristy for me. I didn't go down into the Canyon, but I've met people who took the donkey ride down & loved it. You have to reserve that months ahead, I think.

Freight Depot (Original Railroad Depot)

by Yaqui

This lovely stone building was built around 1883-89 as another depot for passengers and freight, when the railroad decided it was prudent to move it from the original town site half a mile east to its present day site, so the trains did not have to start up on the steep hillside. What was so significant about this was many merchants moved their businesses across the road so they could capitalize on attracting potential customers arriving from the trains and the convenience of supplies. This prompted a whole new town site and soon became the main town site after the old town site was devastated by a fire in 1884.

There is a lovely little courtyard right on the corner with a wonderful statue and benches to enjoy the day.

One East Route 66
Flagstaff, Az 86001

On the corner of San Francisco St. and Route 66.

A cut above the rest.

by Galaktycka about Zane Gray Ballroom

Despite the fact that I live for live music, the Zane Gray Ballroom was my destination in Flagstaff over Charly's downstairs in the Hotel Weatherford. I adore the Zane Gray because of its gorgeous wood bar and stained glass behind it, and for the antique photos and the fireplace... and most of all for the outdoor balcony! The balcony is quite large, and there are several tables outside that are great for a summer evening above downtown Flagstaff. It's a very swanky joint. If you plan to head upstairs from Charly's, make sure to trade in your glass for a plastic one. They don't want any broken glass on the street below! Anything from courderoy to dress pants.

Try the Mexican Food with Native American Flavor

by Basaic about Salsa Brava

Slasa Brava's decor tends towards red leather and wood. Lots of Corona signs and posters. They have a salsa bar where you can select your own salsa ranging from mild to suicidal. The waitstaff tended to be young and although not great they were okay. Open 10 AM to 9 PM Sunday through Thursday and 10 AM to 10 PM Friday and Saturday. The sign says $250 Margaritas, it better be great for that price. I had the Navajo Taco (a slice of Navajo Frybread with all the normal taco fixings on top). The portions were large and it tasted great.

Comments