Starlight Pines B&B

3380 East Lockett Road, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86004, United States

Starlight Pines B&B
Booking.com Priceline.com

• You Had Us At "Hello"!

We took an impromptu overnight vacation to Flagstaff and arrived in town without a reservation. We had always wanted to go to a Bed & Breakfast, so when I started to make calls to check availability, my naivete showed. The first B&B I talked to told me that B&Bs are usually booked a month or two in advance, but he knew that the Starlight Pines might still have one room available. That gentleman also served as Flagstaff's B&B Ambassador by telling me that the tax rates for hotels in Flagstaff is 14%, while the B&B rate is 3%. That was super information to know as we were trying to make a decision on where to stay.

I immediately called Richard at the Starlight Pines B&B, and yes, he actually had two rooms available because of a last-minute cancellation. We headed over immediately.

Richard had us at "hello"! What a warm, welcoming man he is! Not having had a B&B experience before ("B&B virgins," as Richard called us), we didn't know what to expect. But how wonderful to feel as if we were being welcomed into someone's home! We took a walk through the beautiful home. I think Richard said it was built 16 years ago, but it's a replica of a Victorian home. Beautiful porch. Beautiful decor. Very, very clean. A kitchen to die for.

Richard asked what we planned to do while we were in town, and we mentioned that we wanted to go to the Lowell Observatory. He disappeared for about 20 seconds and came back with two discount coupons for the observatory! What nice service!

He told us that breakfast (souffle) would be served at 8:30am. Because I am recovering from breast cancer treatment and still moving pretty slowly, we told him we would forgo breakfast and sleep in.

We stayed in the Art Deco bedroom, which was just wonderful. We told Richard the next morning that our only learning was that we should have opened the window in the bedroom to let the cool evening breeze in before we went into town. That would have made the room temperature much more pleasant for us (we love a cold room to sleep in). We won't make that mistake next time! We're from Phoenix, so we love cool weather!

The bedroom was immaculate, and it has an attached bathroom. Claw-foot tub, beautiful antique fixtures and furniture. Again, very, very clean. We were entirely comfortable there.

One side note: Richard has two beautiful small dogs that had been very well behaved when we arrived. When we returned from dinner in town at about 10:30pm, we used our guest key to get into the home. We laughed because those two pups were sacked out on their beds in the foyer and didn't open their eyes when we came into the house! They're obviously used to folks they don't know coming and going. GREAT B&B dogs!

Sure enough, we got rolling well after the 8:30am breakfast, but Richard greeted us with an offer of coffee and a beautiful fruit bowl, which he made on the fly. Given that we had declined his regular breakfast fare (which sounded so yummy), we were so touched that he would drop everything to create those beautiful and delicious fruit bowls for us.

We are definitely going to return to the Starlight Pines B&B. Don't hesitate to make a reservation here. You won't be disappointed!

More about Flagstaff

JumpingWIFE, during winter in Flagstaff, ArizonaJumpingWIFE, during winter in Flagstaff, Arizona

View looking into valley canyonView looking into valley canyon

Front entrance of hotelFront entrance of hotel

Three Nuns RockThree Nuns Rock

next weekend in Flagstaff

by toomsooba

I am going to be in Flagstaff from March 10-15, wondering if anyone knows of anything cool going on at that time, good bands? some good nightlife? Anything of interest this time of year?

Re: next weekend in Flagstaff

by johannasofia

Hey!

I am not sure if there is anything special this week, but you can always have fun in Flagstaff! For nightlife, check out Mogollon on Agassiz Str. it's a really cool bar that often has live music, very realxed. I also like the Monte Vista at Birch, it's a little more rock n roll, also good. Try the "Rendezvous" in the same building, its a nice little coffeeshop at daytime and a bar at night. Lovely cakes:-) and good drinks. (Or why not just prickley pear vodka on the rocks?)

I am not currently in Flag so Iam not sure how the weather is like, if there is snow. If so you can ski on the Snow bowl or else there is a bunch of nice places for hiking around the town. If you have time you should definately go to Sedona, its just an hour by car down the hill.

Have fun! I'm jealous :-)

Travel Tips for Flagstaff

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs!!

by mrandmrsdevlin

Flagstaff is an extremely "dog friendly" town!! You will see people walking their dogs downtown, dogs sitting out on the patios with their owners, dogs off the leash in most or all of the wide open spaces in and around Flagstaff, and of course dogs in the park, and "dog parks" aka bark parks of which we have two.

Out & about taking a stroll in the Flagstaff woods

by Grazina

Flagstaff is the perfect place in the summertime as well as in the wintertime, so much to do...but you have to put down the remote control, and shut down the internet, plus the X-box can take a break. Then only then you can enjoy the open space, and nature that this mountain holds. Here I am with 2 of my dearest friend Hermina, her son Kyle, daughter Ashley, and Lily Negeon from Brooklynn N.Y.

Kachina Trail

by goingsolo

An easier alternative to Humphrey's. Picturesque, level trail passes through aspen groves and meadows on the way through the southern San Francisco Peaks. Truly an all-season trail. Return via the same way or connect with the Weatherford Trail.

Directions: From Flagstaff, drive north on Hwy 180 to the Snow Bowl turnoff. Drive up the mountain 7.5 miles to the lower parking lot at the Snow Bowl, where you'll find the trailhead. 5 miles in length

BEST CASUAL ELEGANT DINING IN FLAGSTAFF!

by tyarborough about GYPSY'S HIDEAWAY

The food was fabulous! The kind of food I'd make for myself if I knew how, and had the time & patience to do so. It's a brand new restaurant, very friendly staff, comfortable atmosphere, great music... kind of like a down home Louisianna Delta meets Sweet Home Chicago Blues Roadhouse feel to it, but upscale without being snobby. Fresh flowers on the table, candle light for dinner. They have a full bar... cocktails, fine wines, imported beers, and very good cigars from the humidor behind the bar. Prices were VERY REASONABLE with lunch specials from $4.95 for a huge sandwich & side dish to dinner entrees starting at $7.95 for the meatloaf dinner, and up from there. The most expensive item on the menu was around $15.00. Entertainment nightly, and a most surprisingly good Karaoke party on Friday night! This one gets very high ratings in my book. Bar-B-Que Ribs - not sure what it is that makes them so good. I was told that they rub them with a spicy rub, then slowly smoke them for up to 6 hours at a low heat. They were tender, meaty, and juicy. The Bar-B-Que sauce was not too sweet - I don't like it sweet - but it had a little bit of a "Kick" to it. Left a very nice flavor lingering on my palate after dinner - I eat there every time I go to Flagstaff - almost every week on business.

#1 THE COTTAGE. It's hidden...

by MTRCOACH_MAN

#1 THE COTTAGE. It's hidden but worth the find :) It's a restaurant in an old house. Has nice charm but the trip here is for CHEF FRANK'S FOOD & WINE.

CALL AHEAD FOR RESERVATIONS. This is the best place NORTH OF PHOENIX in my humble opinion. (928)774-8431
************************************
LITTLE AMERICA (928)779-2741 or 800-352-4386
**************************************
LA PASADITA (928 ) 522-8248
The COTTAGE is a quaint little 'white house' and service is paramount to the experience --------->

ALLOW 2-3 hours for dinner as this is a 'full - service' dining experience.

* LITTLE AMERICA HAS EXCELLENT FOOD & ATMOSPHERE but is quite PRICEY !!!!!!!

** LA PASADITA has great service & a nice selection on the menu with affordable prices and is a nice option for those on the EAST SIDE or staying at Fairfield resort or just finishing a round of golf. The bar offers great service, too ! Open 6 AM - 10 PM For the COTTAGE can't do it. He has many specials & seasonal menu's. However, the duck is excellent and soups are to kill for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** LITTLE AMERICA always has great food in the main dining room & an excellent offering of wines @ an affordable price (WINE FLIGHT THAT IS).........

*** La Pasadita is a new offering located in the old KELLY'S CHRISTMAS TREE LOCATON. The owner Tino & his crew are working to make this the best food selection on the East side of Flagstaff near the golf course. The menu is varied, well priced and service is very personal both in the dining room & lounge.

Comments