100 Highway 64, PO Box 130, Grand Canyon, Arizona, 86023-0130, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

A great base for the South Rim

We stayed here for two nights in June 2010.

The hotel gave us a great base for exploring the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Unique Quality: It has a load of facilities, including at least three restaurants, of which we tried two.

The fine dining restaurant on our first night was good, and the buffet we had on the second night was just what we needed after a day hiking in the Canyon.

The buffet breakfast was extensive, although it was a little bit busy and so resembled a chimps tea party at times.

• ddbleu's Profile Photo

Good location

It's a very nice facility, great for kids. Happy hour in the bar for the parents and the kids can play pool at the same time. The pool was closed when we were there in March since snow was still on the ground. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful except for one desk clerk. She had a bad attitude and acted put out when we first arrived and asked about an early check-in and for information about park entrance fees.

My parents said their king bed was terrible, saggy in the middle. Mine (queen) was very good. The rooms are very large with refrigerators and microwaves.

Unique Quality: It's just about an 8 minute drive to the entrance of the Grand Canyon park. Very convenient. And it was kind of nice not to be staying right inside the GC village with all the crowds. Tusayan is a small town with a couple of restaurants and shops.

The hot breakfast buffet that came with our rooms is a great deal, lots of food and choices.

We booked on Hotels.com and paid about $107/night plus tax.

• monica71's Profile Photo

Good stay and close to the park entrance

We stayed here for 1 night in Nov 2001. The place is very well run, the rooms are very clean, tastefully decorated and the beds are comfortable.
    The hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful. We ate the buffet breakfast, which is included with the room price (lots of fruit and choice of eggs, waffles and other food items).
    The location can not be beat! You are so close to the park entrance! I would definitely stay here again with no hesitation.

• Very Disappointed

When we went into our room, I immediately noticed hairs in the bathroom near the shower, on the toilet, and in the sink. This level of cleanliness was unacceptable to me, so I walked across the parking lot to the front desk where we had checked in. At that time, I also mentioned that the toilet wouldn't flush properly, so a maintenance worker was sent to the room to fix the problem. The associate at the front desk was kind enough to show me two other rooms, but I pointed out to him that they both had the same cleanliness issues. In good faith, I returned to my room and was about to go to bed since it was late. I saw a hair on the pillow, and as I pulled down the comforter, I saw - literally - a clump of hairs in between the blankets, too. I was in complete disbelief, so I took a wad of tissues and brought what I found to the associates at the front desk. They weren't very sympathetic and gave me their manager's card. When I took a shower, I noticed brown spots on the shower curtain, and I observed that the water pressure was terrible. The halls in the hotel were carpeted, and it seemed to me as if they hadn't been vacuumed in quite awhile. The furniture in the room was chipped, the upholstery was dirty, and the carpet was stained.

Unique Quality: It wasn't at all what I expected. The lobby was relatively nice, but it looked as if was undergoing renovations. In my opinion, it wasn't kept up as it should have been. The continental breakfast required vouchers that were given to us when we checked in. I browsed the selections on the first morning, and there were many rich choices. There was some fresh fruit, but it was already sliced, so it was impossible to grab anything and go. There wasn't any whole fruit, yogurt, granola bars, or cereal boxes. We were in town to hike the Grand Canyon, so we didn't want to waste time at a sit down breakfast. The room had a decent hair dryer, as well as a dispenser in the shower with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. There was also lotion in a dispenser by the sink. There were plenty of tissues, but there weren't any q-tips. When we were checking out, I explained the cleanliness issues to the supervisor. She was much more sympathetic than the previous associates, and she compensated me accordingly. I was grateful that we only needed the hotel for sleeping since we were there to visit the Grand Canyon. The location of the hotel was very near the entrance of Grand Canyon National Park, which was one of its only positive attributes. I hope future guests at the hotel have better experiences, especially with the cleanliness of the rooms.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Grand Canyon Resort

Since the park hotels were already full when I began working on our itinerary, I found the Grand Canyon Squire Inn after doing some internet research. We only needed accommodations for my husband and I, but it seemed a very good choice for families, as well.

Grand Canyon Squire Inn is conveniently located 8-9 miles from the entrance to the Grand Canyon in the town of Tusayan.

The Coronado, an elegant dining room which provided an excellent meal and service, was located off the lobby. A gift shop carrying many necessary items and souvenirs was also situated on the entrance level (It was chilly while we were visiting, so I had to purchase a sweatshirt here--it was on sale!) Bowling lanes and arcade/pool tables are just what the kids ordered!

Our room was separate from the main lodge, but only a short distance away. The guest room was decorated in colors of the Southwest and offered a King size bed (or two Queens), cable tv, phone, coffee maker, iron/ironing board and clock/radio.

It's always to my liking when the bathroom and vanity area are separate, so I was a happy camper in that regard! Extra blankets and pillows were on hand. Upon request, you can be provided: a rollaway bed (extra) child's crib, mini-fridge, luggage storage.

We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay at the Grand Canyon Squire Inn!

• m644835's Profile Photo

A great hotel after a hard day of great hiking.

Service, facilities, amenities, location, decor, etc, all great.

Unique Quality: gift shop, restaurants, bowling and fun center, sport bar with great food, pool tables, nice views, very well located, great food, excellent service, specious rooms, arcade room.

Directions: On hwy 64, about 1 mile north of Grand Canyon National Airport, or about 6 miles south of the main entrance of the Grand Canyon National Park, South Rim.

More about Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn

Miscue

by TripAdvisor Member NJ_traveller57

Had a great trip to Arizona and the Grand Canyon, but had my 2nd-worst hotel experience ever at this place. Where do I start...

Made reservations (and paid them a $300 deposit) in April for an August vacation. I asked for typical family fare: two ajoining, non-smoking rooms so that our teenagers could have their own 'sanctuary'. That was the plan. This is what happened when we arrived (early) for check-in:
1) Sorry, no non-smoking rooms are available.
2) Sorry, we don't have any more adjoining rooms available, but we DO have two rooms, but they are in adjacent buildings!
3) When we moved into our rooms, we had newly-moving-in neighbors at BOTH room locations.
4) Me and my wife couldn't relax with the kids in another building, so we split up and each took one. (That's not so bad, right?).
5) In-room coffee wasn't replenished (coffee pots weren't even cleaned out).
6) One room had the chain-lock ripped out. The other had a missing water faucet handle.
7) One room had creased, brand new, unconditioned sheets which were rough as sandpaper (440?).
8) We had two continental breakfast coupons, each for two customers. One day our older teen slept late so we only had 3 diners. They would only accept one of the 2-person coupons because there weren't four people in the party. Wow!

Despite the 'accomodations', we had a great canyon trip and recommend visiting this area, just stay somewhere else.

Funky smelling room

by TripAdvisor Member beetraveller40

Stayed there only one night (thankfully). Overall hotel is nice, beds and pillows were comfortable. Our room had a funky musty, mold, cigarette smell. The room was non-smoking but it sure didn't seem like it. I asked about changing rooms but they were full. They sent up an air purifier for an hour but that didn't do anything so we were stuck for the night. I bought a can of air freshner to spray every few hours to help with the smell but no matter you could still smell it. Interestingly when I asked about another room, there was another couple there for the same problem. They were after me so I don't what happened to them... Would not recommend staying at this hotel even though it is so close to the canyon.

Great Location - 8/9-8/11/04

This was our first visit to the Grand Canyon and decided we wanted to stay close to the park. The room we stayed in was in one of the single level buildings to the left of the lobby. We found the accomodations to be very roomy, clean, and modern. The location was great, since we were only 1.5 miles from the GC entrance. This enabled us to go into the park at sunrise and then return again at sunset having time in between to rest at the hotel. We did stop in Williams on the way and came upon a Safeway Supermarket right off Highway 40. At Safeway, we bought a styrofoam cooler for $1.50, snacks, and refreshments. We were glad we did, since the prices at the market close to the hotel were much higher! We ate breakfast at the El Tovah Hotel on the rim of the canyon which we found quite good. We also had a view of the canyon from our table. On both days we were at the canyon, we were able to park in the Bright Angel Hotel parking lot which was convenient to the Hermit shuttle as well as the hotels and shops on the South Rim. I would definitely recommend the Hermit Route Shuttle, since it brings you to several stops which you are unable to drive to with a car. We got off the shuttle at one of the stops and hiked along the rim trail and then caught the shuttle at another stop. You can also take the shuttle to Hopi Point in the evening to see the sunset which was a great experience.

The El Tovar was booked so we stayed here...

We made a last minute trip to the canyon and the only hotel available was the Best Western. I found the hotel to be on the lower end of average but it did have a few redeeming qualities.

The kids liked the bowling alley and they spent a ton of money in the arcade while us adults sat in the bar downing highballs and watching ESPN on the TV. The bartender knows how to make a drink so you have to give them that.

The food at the hotel is so-so. We got continental breakfast coupons that we used in the morning. We ordered dinner in the bar, pizza and some burgers and that was OK.

The hotel room was large and adequate. Be sure to use your shower mat in the tub because it can be lethal without it.

The hotel seems to cater to large bus groups. We had a lot of people from Japan on our stay. The gym is really crappy with a few antique aerobic machines and one OK elliptical machine. If you work out a lot you will not be happy. I didn't want to go in the hot tub.

Outside the hotel is a McDonalds and some tourist trap type stores. I took the Grand Canyon tour that left from the McDonalds parking lot and it was pretty good. That was on a Saturday and it takes a backroad into the park so you don't have to wait in that horrible line to get in the park (if you happen to be trying to get in at noon on Saturday).

My kids really liked the bowling and the video games at this hotel.

Flights from Grand Canyon

by amcm

I've booked a fly-drive holiday which takes me through the Grand Canyon, staying overnight at the Best Western hotel. I don't know what part of the Canyon that is but I wanted to take a helicopter sight-seeing trip, all the ones listed are from Vegas so does anyone know if you can get a trip from around the area of my hotel?

by uk2usa

Papillon go from the Grand Canyon as well as Las Vegas.

We went with them from the south rim and had an excellent trip.

UK

by AZcowboy35

I think you will be at the 'Best Western Squire Inn' (www.grandcanyonsquire.com).
This resort is about 1 mile from the Grand Canyon Airport (Tusayan) and close to the South Rim entrance of the Grand Canyon NP. From there you can take several diff. flights over/into the GC.

There are several great websites with lots of info about heli-tours (f.e. check out www.grandcanyon.com, but there are several, just search on the net for 'Grand Canyon helicopter tours')

by HeidiR

I am sure the Best western will be near the entrance of the South Rim in a town called Tusayan. In Tusayan probrably about a mile from the hotel there is an airport which does scenic plane flights and helicopter flights to the Grand Canyon. There are quite a few companies to choose from, from your hotel you can probrably get discount vouchers/coupons/leaflets for the various different companies. From what I remember it will set you back between 80 and 120 dollars a person and last for about 20 minutes. The flights in planes are slightly cheaper.

Enjoy