Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn

vichatherly's Profile Photo

A great base for the South Rim

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 30, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in June 2010.

The hotel gave us a great base for exploring the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Unique Quality: It has a load of facilities, including at least three restaurants, of which we tried two.

The fine dining restaurant on our first night was good, and the buffet we had on the second night was just what we needed after a day hiking in the Canyon.

The buffet breakfast was extensive, although it was a little bit busy and so resembled a chimps tea party at times.

ddbleu's Profile Photo

Good location

by written on June 9, 2008

It's a very nice facility, great for kids. Happy hour in the bar for the parents and the kids can play pool at the same time. The pool was closed when we were there in March since snow was still on the ground. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful except for one desk clerk. She had a bad attitude and acted put out when we first arrived and asked about an early check-in and for information about park entrance fees.

My parents said their king bed was terrible, saggy in the middle. Mine (queen) was very good. The rooms are very large with refrigerators and microwaves.

Unique Quality: It's just about an 8 minute drive to the entrance of the Grand Canyon park. Very convenient. And it was kind of nice not to be staying right inside the GC village with all the crowds. Tusayan is a small town with a couple of restaurants and shops.

The hot breakfast buffet that came with our rooms is a great deal, lots of food and choices.

We booked on and paid about $107/night plus tax.

monica71's Profile Photo

Good stay and close to the park entrance

by written on May 16, 2008

We stayed here for 1 night in Nov 2001. The place is very well run, the rooms are very clean, tastefully decorated and the beds are comfortable.
The hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful. We ate the buffet breakfast, which is included with the room price (lots of fruit and choice of eggs, waffles and other food items).
The location can not be beat! You are so close to the park entrance! I would definitely stay here again with no hesitation.

Very Disappointed

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 18, 2008

When we went into our room, I immediately noticed hairs in the bathroom near the shower, on the toilet, and in the sink. This level of cleanliness was unacceptable to me, so I walked across the parking lot to the front desk where we had checked in. At that time, I also mentioned that the toilet wouldn't flush properly, so a maintenance worker was sent to the room to fix the problem. The associate at the front desk was kind enough to show me two other rooms, but I pointed out to him that they both had the same cleanliness issues. In good faith, I returned to my room and was about to go to bed since it was late. I saw a hair on the pillow, and as I pulled down the comforter, I saw - literally - a clump of hairs in between the blankets, too. I was in complete disbelief, so I took a wad of tissues and brought what I found to the associates at the front desk. They weren't very sympathetic and gave me their manager's card. When I took a shower, I noticed brown spots on the shower curtain, and I observed that the water pressure was terrible. The halls in the hotel were carpeted, and it seemed to me as if they hadn't been vacuumed in quite awhile. The furniture in the room was chipped, the upholstery was dirty, and the carpet was stained.

Unique Quality: It wasn't at all what I expected. The lobby was relatively nice, but it looked as if was undergoing renovations. In my opinion, it wasn't kept up as it should have been. The continental breakfast required vouchers that were given to us when we checked in. I browsed the selections on the first morning, and there were many rich choices. There was some fresh fruit, but it was already sliced, so it was impossible to grab anything and go. There wasn't any whole fruit, yogurt, granola bars, or cereal boxes. We were in town to hike the Grand Canyon, so we didn't want to waste time at a sit down breakfast. The room had a decent hair dryer, as well as a dispenser in the shower with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. There was also lotion in a dispenser by the sink. There were plenty of tissues, but there weren't any q-tips. When we were checking out, I explained the cleanliness issues to the supervisor. She was much more sympathetic than the previous associates, and she compensated me accordingly. I was grateful that we only needed the hotel for sleeping since we were there to visit the Grand Canyon. The location of the hotel was very near the entrance of Grand Canyon National Park, which was one of its only positive attributes. I hope future guests at the hotel have better experiences, especially with the cleanliness of the rooms.

VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Grand Canyon Resort

by written on May 1, 2007

Since the park hotels were already full when I began working on our itinerary, I found the Grand Canyon Squire Inn after doing some internet research. We only needed accommodations for my husband and I, but it seemed a very good choice for families, as well.

Grand Canyon Squire Inn is conveniently located 8-9 miles from the entrance to the Grand Canyon in the town of Tusayan.

The Coronado, an elegant dining room which provided an excellent meal and service, was located off the lobby. A gift shop carrying many necessary items and souvenirs was also situated on the entrance level (It was chilly while we were visiting, so I had to purchase a sweatshirt here--it was on sale!) Bowling lanes and arcade/pool tables are just what the kids ordered!

Our room was separate from the main lodge, but only a short distance away. The guest room was decorated in colors of the Southwest and offered a King size bed (or two Queens), cable tv, phone, coffee maker, iron/ironing board and clock/radio.

It's always to my liking when the bathroom and vanity area are separate, so I was a happy camper in that regard! Extra blankets and pillows were on hand. Upon request, you can be provided: a rollaway bed (extra) child's crib, mini-fridge, luggage storage.

We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay at the Grand Canyon Squire Inn!

m644835's Profile Photo

A great hotel after a hard day of great hiking.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 23, 2005

Service, facilities, amenities, location, decor, etc, all great.

Unique Quality: gift shop, restaurants, bowling and fun center, sport bar with great food, pool tables, nice views, very well located, great food, excellent service, specious rooms, arcade room.

Directions: On hwy 64, about 1 mile north of Grand Canyon National Airport, or about 6 miles south of the main entrance of the Grand Canyon National Park, South Rim.

Nearby Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn

Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn

• Best Western Grand Canyon National Park
  • Grand Canyon National Park Best Western
  • Best Western Tusayan
  • Tusayan Best Western
  • Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel Tusayan

Address: 100 Highway 64, PO Box 130, Grand Canyon, Arizona, 86023-0130, United States

5 Photos of Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Grand Canyon Travel Forum

Need advice about Grand Canyon, Arizona? Visit the Travel Forum for Grand Canyon and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Grand Canyon hotel reviews

Tour by Jeep
Sunset under the rain
The game of colours
Things to Do
Take an aeroplane ride into the Canyon
Book a tour of the Grand Canyon