Highway 64, PO Box 3245, Grand Canyon, Arizona, 86023, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Grand Canyon

Two combined families stayed there in a family suite- one room with a King bed and a bunk bed in the other. Very nice- the kids enjoyed it. Not too far from the Park and there are a couple of restaurants nearby. The italian one across the street was reasonable and had good pasta and pizza

• Hermanater's Profile Photo

Just outside the park !

We spent only one night here. We were tired from all the travelling (through the snow) so we needed a place to relax. The indoor pool was very warm. We spent most of the night swimming and resting. I had no problems with this place. Since it was low season, we basically had the place to ourselves. I would stay here again !

Directions: 2 mile south of Grand Canyon National Park on Arizona Hwy 64 - 58 miles north of I40

• affordable Williams, AZ

right off interstate & the end of historic/scenic Route 66.
    heated indoor pool
    We booked online AAA rate for a king bed non-smoking.

Unique Quality: Terrific central location. Williams is an hour south from Mather Point, inside Grand Canyon Natl Park. MUCH more affordable than hotel/motels in Tunsayan, AZ, that is a mile from the park entrance. From Williams you can visit Sedona, Prescott, Flagstaff, and more.

Directions: west of Flagstaff on I-40

More about Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon

Dirty Rooms - avoid this Holiday Inn at all costs

This has got to be the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. The rooms were filthy - used tissues from previous guests (about 20 of them) were strewn around the room - under the beds, under the nightstand, on the TV, etc. The carpet was sticky with dirt - so much so that my socks stuck to it.

When I mentioned this to the manager (Terry?) I was treated very disrespectfully - eventually we got a different room that was no cleaner than the first. For $180 a night I felt well and truly ripped off.

I would avoid this hotel at all costs. Similarly priced rooms that are MUCH nicer are available at the Best Western, a quarter mile down the road. That's where we went after we checked out of this Holiday Inn.

Just average

by TripAdvisor Member wellsfargo

We stayed here for one night. We had a mini suite. The room was clean, however the staff is less than professional. I asked for a cart for the luggage. The female clerk told me to locate one on one of the three levels. I informed her that was her job not mine. That proabably set the negative tone. She got on her radio and within 3 minutes, two carts arrived. The continental breakfast was average. It is not a bad deal based on value, but I would suggest a mini suite. One thing, there is a vhs machine in your mini suite, but you must pay $3 for a movie. All of the movies are 3-10 years old, hum, why charge for a movie when you have a mini suite.

Good Hotel--But you have to eat standing up...

A good hotel. Especially after seeing the carnage of tourists at the lodges inside the GC village--even on the shoulder season of mid october. My little family gave up its plans to stay in the park, as we did our Grand Circle tour a little late and eveything was booked. We were glad we found this hotel--as staying in Tusayan was far more comfortable to us than staying in the park--and cheaper, too. The room was quite adequate for our two-night stay, and in fair condition considering the incredible amount of traffic that hotels in this region experience. My only beef is that the breakfast area can't handle the crowds that build there, even in the shoulder season. The Continental breakfast was pretty good (on par with Hampton inn's), but we literally had to squat at the coffee table in the lobby to eat it. And we were the lucky ones. Why we didn't go back to the room, i'll never know. We wanted something a little more substantial the next day, so we went across the street to McDonald's, which was nearly deserted and provided a stark contrast to the previous morning's hectic, desperate meal. The hotel, as well as the rest of Tusayan, was more convenient to the park as you might think--we had no problems getting up and out to make it to our sunrise-watching spot at Grandview in plenty of time. The only slightly more remote location of the hotel actually gave us room to decompress after spending our days with the other tourists en masse. I'd certainly recommend it, and will probably stay there next time if it's available.

OK but I wouldn't stay here again

This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express & I wasn't impressed. One of my pet peeves in hotels is doors that don't open automatically...I can't recall if this hotel had an auto door but I didn't use the front door anyway as the staff directed me to a side door as it was allegedly closer to my room. Once there, I discovered that the cart didn't fit through the door once I had loaded my bags on it. Oh the joys of travel!! At least our room was on the ground floor & I didn't have to try & steer the blasted thing into a miniscule elevator.

The room itself was OK...reasonably clean & comfortable however a refrigerator would be a nice touch (did I mention that's another pet peeve?). The breakfast was adequate but as previously mentioned in other reviews there weren't enough tables for the amount of guests. Luckily my 9yo daughter snaffled a table for us.

I don't think we'd stay at this hotel again but then, in my opinion, once you've seen the Grand Canyon what is there to come back to? ;)

Rude and small bathrooms!

by TripAdvisor Member ack33cat

We arrived early at the hotel so we didn't expect to be able to check-in however we decided to see if we could drop off our baggage before we went to see the canyon.
The staff at the desk were rude and less than helpful. Apparently there was no luggage store (I thought that most good hotels offered this service) and our baggage was safer in the car! They didn't offer to check our reservation at all.
When we were able to check in we found the room to be small and dingy. I have never seen a bathroom so small in a hotel before.
On exiting the hotel I noticed a room marked luggage store????
We wouldn't stay at any Holiday Inn Express again!

Lodging on South Rim

by saiani

Looking for a reconmendation for a place to stay on the south side for a couple of days in September (last part) that would cost $ 90 or less per day.

by MikePinTucson

Check this website for accommodations inside the park. There are some that are under $90 per night. But you will have to check for availability. Just click on each lodge and page down for the rates.

by EllenH

This September? as in this month? Good luck with that but try this:

RE: RE: Lodging on South Rim

by Jamesr3939

We were just there in June and I doubt you will find anything in the park at that price at this time, unless you camp. I booked 8 months in advance for June and paid $145 for a nice room at the Yavapia Lodge, which was nice and 1/2 mile walk from the rim.

Top picks are Bright Angel and El Tovar, directly on the rim and very nice. If I go back that is where I will stay.

You could also check the below places, but they are about 7 miles from the rim. There really isn't anything outside the park itself that is closer.

Grand Canyon Squire Inn (928) 638-2681
Seven Mile Lodge (928) 638-2291
The Grand Hotel (928) 638-3333

RE: RE: Lodging on South Rim

by EllenH

I worked at yavapai a million years ago and stayed there for about $70 in april a few years ago. I would love to stay at el tovar also but doubt anytime of the year you could stay there for $90.

by saiani

Thanks for all of the information, really what I was looking for was something just outside the park on the south side such as the Holiday Inn Express , that soneone had stayed at and would recommend.

by mikehanneman

Ipaid like $92.00 in early August to stay at the Yavapai Lodge a ways into the forest instead of closer to the rim.

My friend from Iowa was at the south rim this week and I couldn't beleive what he said it would cost to stay at the Maswik Lodge! (the rooms are like 200 yards or less from the rim.)

$78.00!!! A few weeks ago it was $125.00.

Go on line to Xanterra, they run all the lodges in the National Parks.

You can find your room right along the rim inside the park for less than the $90.00 you spoke about. Thye might be close to being all booked up, so hurry up and make a reservation. You can cancel if you call Xanterra within 48 hours.

Good timing!

Check out my homepage for more information on The Grand Canyon.

Have fun!