106 Highway 64, PO Box 146, Tusayan, Arizona, 86023, United States

Otel.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• kayleigh06's Profile Photo

Cheapish hotel by Grand Canyon

This hotel is located about 10 miles outside of the Canyon, it is a large hotel with a somewhat small pool, but was a nice enough place in general.

The rooms where clean and tidy and the area within the hotel grounds were clean and always being checked over.

The receptionists and employees that worked at the hotel were always helpful and always welcomed you with a smile.

We never had any problems while staying at this hotel, i would recommend it to anyone who is staying in the area as it was cheaper than the rest of the hotels in the area, and quite a bargain considering the location of the hotel being right by the Grand Canyon.

• vcharm's Profile Photo

good choice for a night (sunset and sunrise at GC)

Very friendly service. Clean rooms. VERY close to the South Rim park entrance. VERY long queue for the breakfast :)

Unique Quality: pool/jacuzzi.

Directions: 1 mile prior to Park entrance. Hwy 64 north.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Affordable rooms near Grand Canyon

Looking for an affordable accommodation near the Grand Canyon is a tough job. The hotels in the park are very expensive. A reasonbly priced alternative is this hotel in the tiny village Tusayan which is only a few miles south of the park entrance.

As we spend most of the time at the Canyon we did not use any amenities. There was an outdoor pool but the weather in april did not encourage to swim.

There is a restaurant on the premise and a few others within walking distance. A complimentary breakfast is served.

Directions: Just a few miles south of the entrance of the Grand Canyon National Park.

• dambrosi's Profile Photo

Rodeway Inn, Grand Canyon

I stayed in Tusayan, which is 2 miles south of the main canyon entrance. The inn was priced nicely and offered many ammenities, such as HBO, and when the weather is warmer a heated outdoor pool. It is in the center of town (which is really small) and an easy walking distance to all the restaurants and shops. If you want a nicely priced, moderately rated hotel, this is the place for you. There is continental breakfast too.

Unique Quality: The Inn is a nice, quiet place to stay.

• bruiz's Profile Photo

Very good value

The Red Feather Inn is a clean, and warm place to sleep when you are visiting the Grand Canyon. The style is rustic with clean rooms. The price is good.

The Red Feather Inn is pretty much like the nearby and more expensive motels.

• Rodeway Inn Red Feather Lodge

I paid somewhere in the $70's during July

Unique Quality: Amazingly, this was not that expensive, and it was a very clean, nice place! I would highly reccommend it if you're looking to save some money since most places are like $150 a night during the summer!!! Really, nice place, worth the money.

More about Red Feather Lodge

Perfect location

We returned last week from a last-minute vacation to Arizona where we stayed at the Red Feather Lodge in Tusayan (Grand Canyon) for 3 nights. We were pleasantly suprised to find a very friendly staff, clean room and perfect location. We stayed in the motel part and when we first entered our room the air conditioner wasn't blowing cold. It seemed like less than 5 minutes before maintenance was there to correct the problem. The room was clean and very simple (no iron, coffee pot, fridge - just beds, TV, bathroom) which is just what we needed - we didn't plan on spending alot of time there. Also, the location was perfect for us - it only took about 15 minutes to get from the hotel to the Canyon's rim. We hiked into the canyon one day and after that day it was especially nice to only have to drive a few minutes to get "home". There was also a variety of places to eat within walking distance to our room. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast that we only took advantage of on our last morning, it was alright (typical pastries, donuts and juice).

Does the trick! Read this and more...

by TripAdvisor Member gstabc

Based on other reviews here, I thought I would give it a try. Stayed in hotel portion of the premises. It was basic, no fancy extras here but who needs it?! Got a lot of exercise walking to my room - and that I needed! The breakfast that is provided is okay but the breakfast room was a madhouse, no place to sit or go very early! If you can get a good deal on this property I would definitely recommend it. ($105.00 a night all taxes included. That was the best I could find at the time-a few months in advance.)
Someone said stay at the property in the park. I don't recommend it. I went to the El Tovar and the hotel sits "close" to the rim but not "ON THE RIM." There is still some room between the rim and the hotel which is the path around the rim where everyone passes. At close to $300.00/night, I thought it was exclusive. Additionally, my wife and I had lunch in the dining room. She ordered an entree which was very bland with absolutely no seasoning. If you like that sort of thing, you can dine at the El Tovar.
Comment 1 - if you are doing the train, you have a nice climb up stairs after you get off the train. The El Tover and Bright Angel Lodge are situated up from the train depot. Otherwise, the shuttles can transport you in the summer.
Comment 2 - Cell phones don't work in the area - at least ours didn't; couldn't find a signal. You may want to check with your provider before you go. I didn't have an emergency, but just in case you were expecting it, check before you go.
Comment 3 - The Quality Inn's buffet [behind Red Feather Lodge] is very good. Was pleasantly surprised!
Comment 4 - The IMAX movie about the Grand Canyon is excellent! You can buy it on DVD too, after you watch it. (Make sure you get the $5 off coupon at the admission/ticket desk, it's 29.99 without it.)

Good location - Nice Hotel, Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member Droid0162

This was a nice surprise! Wasn't too sure when we pulled up whether this would be my cup of tea but inside the hotel was really, really clean and comfortable - I would definitely stay here again and would thoroughly recommend it. The staff were extremely helpful (bookings for flights over the Canyon can be arranged at reception and are pretty cheap - my husband and son went and it cost about £67 in all).
One thing to definitely mention is that there are two parts to the hotel, there is the older part where rooms are smaller with external entrances and the newer block with internal entrance to rooms. The difference in price is negligible so make sure you ask for the new block when you book. Also, a complimentary breakfast is included and is set out each morning in a room on the ground floor. Pastries, yoghurt, coffee, juice, oats - plenty enough to fill you up and get you started for the day ahead. Location-wise you are a few minutes drive from the airport for the Grand Canyon flights (no - you aren't disturbed by this) and the other way - about five minutes from the South entrance to the Grand Canyon. Only one minus point - the sun disappears from the pool area in the afternoon - so plan your day well if you're a sun seeker.

all the basics needed

by TripAdvisor Member libertybell

Stayed here 2 nights while visiting the grand canyon. Great location within minutes of the parks entrance with many gift shops and restaurants within walking distance (best Mcdonalds I've been to in over 20 years is across the street, reminded me of what the food "used" to taste like). The hotel has a small pool which the kids enjoyed and the rooms are very basic, but clean (2 beds, tv, bathroom more or less). Would stay there again on our future visits to the canyon.

by kkmtscissors

Anyone stayed at the Red Feather Lodge? Looking for reviews.

by giampiero6

My cousins from Italy stayed there and they told me it was fine and dandy. I booked for them. No problems. Sorry I don't have more details...

by yvr

I booked this hotel for some clients of mine. They enjoyed their stay there.

by Vikika

Hey I've just spent 1 night there and it was actually really nice. Clean and big rooms. Maybe a bit expensive but I guess that's what you get when you stay near the Grand Canyon.

Comments