Highway 64, PO Box 3319, Tusayan, Arizona, 86023, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 96% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• OUCH!

EXTREMELY OVERPRICED!!!!! That said, the room was horrible, pricey, and plain. the staff however was OVERLY COURTEOUS, EXTREMELY HELPFUL And more than made up for the shoddy accomadations.

Unique Quality: FINEST staff!

• Grand Canyon Hotels

I had an awesome time staying at the Grand Hotel in Arizona. The whole expierience was just beautiful. The hotel was the most accommodating hotel I have stayed at in quite a while. Ot was my first time visiting the Grand Canyon and I would recommend to anyone visiting the area to stay at the Grand Hotel.

It's a warm and spacious hotel, reminiscent of a mountain lodge with exposed timbers and stone, a large flagstone fireplace, and cozy seating areas. The lobby of the Grand Hotel even has a grand piano, complimentary wireless Internet access, and a Starbucks station. The boutique gift shop features Tommy Bahama clothing and unique gifts, specializing in Native American jewelry and art. It was a delight everyday I stayed at the hotel.

Thanks for everything.

Unique Quality: All of the 121 guestrooms feature bright colors, large windows, stylish Southwestern d├ęcor and plenty of amenities. Grand Canyon Hotel guests can choose from Queen or King-sized beds. Our Deluxe rooms come with a private balcony or patio. All of the guest rooms feature "pillow-top" mattresses, complimentary premium channels, coffee makers, and Bath & Body Works amenities.

Grand Canyon Hotel amenities include an indoor swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, guest laundry, meeting rooms, complimentary wireless internet access in the lobby, and our nightly entertainment.

Directions: Directions for Easy Access to the Grand Hotel, in Grand Canyon, Arizona
    Located on US Highway 64 in the town of Tusayan, the Grand Hotel is within two miles of the Grand Canyon National Park's south entrance and within nine miles of the Rim Trail.

More about The Grand Hotel

Great rooms! Nice and peaceful.

by TripAdvisor Member vjfelton

I spent 5 days at the Grand Hotel and thought the room was quite large, bathrooms very nice, service very accomodating (although I did have to wait about 30 minutes for a room--I was early). The giftshop and bar were nice. My complaint would be with the restaurant. Very slow and poor service. I waited about 10 minutes to have a server come to my table (there were only 3 of us in the whole restaurant) and then, when I had decided on the special that was advertised out on the board at the entrance, I was told that was not the special, that was yesterday's.

Next time we'll stay in a Park Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member GRAMMYTRAVEL

After we asked for a room NOT looking smack at a concrete block wall, we were given a 3rd floor room with an acceptable view of the treed hill behind the hotel. Heard/saw around 4 a.m. a large elk rubbing his antlers on a small tree right outside our window to remove the velvet from them.
Desk staff were lacking in professionalism and seemed to be hired for other duties in the hotel NOT associated with front desk. I also do NOT like when I have made a well-in-advance reservation that I'm pawned off on a less than desirable room (in terms of view). The mentality seems to be, "Give them a crappy room. If they complain, give them something else and make them feel grateful." Our 3rd floor room had very comfortable beds, pleasant decor, clean, seemed to have been recently redecorated -- but NO IRONING BOARD. I resent having to tip someone to bring me something that should be standard in ANY room. Less expensive chain motels always have them.
We found the food in the restaurant to be just fine -- and we really enjoyed the Navaho dancers -- we were on vacation and wanted to easily see something representative of that area of the country. It was an unexpected "extra." Our room rate entitled us to a continental breakfast in the restaurant, but on Saturday morning, our first morning there, but we were presented with a bill, which we promptly sent back. The waiter apologized, but I think it may be something standard they do -- some people may not know or remember they have breakfast included. I made sure it didn't show up on our total bill when we checked out. The menu choices were more than adequate for our tastes. However, on Sunday morning, if we opted for the basic breakfast (you have to pay extra for anything hot) they SERVED it to us (their choice of items). I am trying to avoid carbs and make higher protein choices, so I really didn't appreciate being presented with a delicious (but not ideal) plate of danishes, croissants, muffins, and a little bit of fruit. I do not like someone to choose my food for me. We went on a jeep tour (pre-arranged in advance on-line with the tour company, with pick up right next door at McDonald's ) with a very knowledgeable guide who showed us petroglyphs and cave markings, while explaining the archeological and societal history of the area. IMAX "Grand Canyon" is worth seeing before going to the rim. It's right across the street.
If I had known Park Lodges had some cable TV, we would have stayed there. I like the lodges BECAUSE they have no TV, but my fellow travelers HAVE to have TV. Pool and hot tub were great.
We did appreciate the close proximity of the hotel to the Canyon, though -- we hiked on some trails and ate a quite adequate lunch (nice selection for weight-watching people) at the cafeteria, with dinner one night at El Tovar -- beautiful atmosphere, weird but trained waiter, excellent food. We'll stay there next time, or Yavapai Lodge. Stay at the Best Western across the street if you can't get a Park Lodge room.

Dirty Pillows

by TripAdvisor Member AGSicilyBound

Dirty bloodstained pillows, very poor restaurant service , rude staff, embarrassingly poor entertainment, an overpowering aroma of disinfect'ant during our two night stay... my family and I were really glad to be away from there.
Stay anywhere but here!!

A Little Piece of Heaven

I thoroughly enjoyed my hotel stay. The room was spacious and clean. I had 2 tv sets, a refrigerator and a microwave, as well as a personal coffee pot with fresh coffee delivered to me daily at no extra charge. The manager and his staff were charming and made sure that my every need was met. The giftshop is well stocked with local craft work and unusual items. It is well priced. Shipping is available. There are artists in the hotel lobby who will answer your questions as they display their artwork. The hotel is spotless with staff working throughout the night to achieve perfection for guests. The fire was lit in the hotel lobby fireplace and logs were readily added so that an even temperature was created. Lunches for hikers are delicious and are ready for early morning pickup at very reasonable rates. I loved it and want to go back.

Convenient

My husband & I stayed here in October 2004. I was nervous about staying here after reading previous reviews but I wasn't able to reserve a room in the Canyon. Overall the hotel was average, staff was helpful & the fire in the hotel lobby was a nice touch. The Indian show in the hotel dining room was fun to watch, the food was good but overpriced. Also, my balcony room was on the first floor overlooking rocks. Although, the hotel is only 10 minutes from the Canyon, I will definitely stay in the Canyon the next time.

Glad we did!

My family and I booked/stayed at this hotel before reading all the reviews, and I'm glad we did!
Our rooms were clean, well appointed, and of the type we reserved. The staff was friendly, informative, and always available. The hotel itself, with it's saddle bar stools, indian dancers, and wandering cowboy, provided the perfect mood for the area we were in. The food in the restaurant was good, cost no more than any other hotel restaurant I've eaten at, and the service was worth tipping.
I'm very happy to see that there are theme type hotels like this around, In the past I traveled quite a bit and became very bored with all the "cookie cutter" brand names out there.
We'll be coming back this summer to do the river trip, and we'll be staying at The Grand Hotel again!

Excellent Choice and High Level of Service!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Kendra1986

This is our third trip to the Grand Canyon and the first time we've stayed outside of the actual park area. The Grand Hotel is by far the best choice we've made yet! Friendly staff go out of their way to give special attention, particularly in the restaurant, where we received excellent service and our dinnner was ten times better than at El Tovar (in the park.) The hotel looks new and the rooms are warm and comfy. We took a helicopter tour this time, and the front desk clerk was very helpful in making sure we could make our sunset tour at the last minute. When we got back, there was still plenty of fun in the bar and around the fireplace. Two gentlemen were playing guitars and it was really an unexpected gift! We will DEFINITELY come back here, if we travel through this area again! Very satisfied...and they welcomed our dog, Thor!

Superb Service

Hats off to the entire staff at the Grand Hotel!

Thanks to them for providing our group with excellent and enriching customer service. We especially express appreciation for their kindness and attention, to our Teenage Youth Retreat group?s needs.

We definitely are looking towards a repeat experience for next year. I am sure the experience will be just as great and pleasurable. Thanks again.

James Mock

Youth Coordinator United Church of the Living God.

Great Atmosphere!

My family stayed at this hotel on our recent vacation to the Grand Canyon. It was fabulous. The staff were friendly and made us feel very welcome. They helped us arrange for all of the worth while tours. The rooms were great. It was a good value for the money. I'm glad that I didn't read the reviews for this hotel before I stayed. The reviews don't even seem like they are for this hotel. It looks more like someone at the Best Western across the street writes a bad review once or twice a month for this hotel to try and scare people into staying with them. I'm glad we chose this hotel and would gladly stay here again.

Comments