Arizona Hotels

Our Members Say

Best Western Sunrise Inn: Very Nice Motel in Eagar

$77 in July 2013. This hotel does not look like much from the outside; but the roomwas a pleasant surprise. It had a few extras like a nice easy chair, small refrigerator, microwave, and a nice TV with cable. The terrycloth robes are a nice touch too. The lady behind the desk was nice. In addition, the breakfast included scrambled eggs and ham. Saying this is the nicest hotel in town is accurate but not saying a lot since it is the only one in town. Still, I was happy with it (even though the lobby computer did not work).

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 20, 2013

Best Western Sunrise Inn

• deborahwheeler1 profile photo deborahwheeler1
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Northeast Arizona Casino and Resort

Hon-Dah Resort-Casino

The Hon-Dah Resort-Casino is located in Pinetop, in northeastern Arizona, in the White Mountains. The area known as the White Mountains include the communities of Christopher Creek, Pinetop, Lakeside, Show Low, Greer, Springerville, Eagar, Snowflake, Taylor, Heber, Overgaard and Forest Lakes.
The nearby National Parks and National Forests are many and attract visitors from all over.

The National Parks and Forests include:
Tonto National Forest
Sitgreaves National Forest
Apache National Forest
Gila National Forest
Pertrified Forest National Park

The largest stand of ponderosa pines in the United States is also found in this region of northeastern Arizona. The White Mountains, which run along the borders of Arizona and New Mexico are the second highest range in the state. Camping, fishing, and hiking are popular in the warmer months and often there is enough snow for snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and downhill skiing at Sunrise Park Resort ski area in the colder months.
The twin towns of Pinetop-Lakeside and Springerville-Eagar found at the northern edge of the range are the most easily accessed and have traveler amenities including hotels and restaurants.

The White Mountains are 220 miles east of Phoenix. The destination is relatively isolated, but with many interesting sightseeing opportunities. In addition to the natural beauty, recommended attractions include: museums, art galleries, historic sites, sports, special events, and festivals.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, National/State Park, Family Travel
  • Written November 21, 2012

Hon-Dah Resort-Casino

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Motel 6 Holbrook: Budget accommodation for a roadtrip

Prior to that, I had never used a motel as a choice of accommodation during my many travels. Travelling from Tucson to the Petrified Forest National Park, we broke off the monotony of the road with a stop at a small town called Holbrook. We left Tucson after 4:30 pm, which put us between the rush hour evening traffic and the dark of night. Mark had pre-booked the motel after reading reviews about it. Apparently for that area, Motel 6 came highly recommended and I could see why once we arrived.

The shower was hot and we had enough bath amenities. The usual soap and shampoo, wash clothes and fresh towels. The bathroom looked refurbished with new granite looking counters. The burgundy (maroon) floors created a cool effect in the bathroom. Inside the room, we also had an old TV with most national channels, a refrigerator, and a microwave. The familiar bedspread with bright colors look like a child's bedroom. I must admit, they have done a good job making themselves easily identifiable. This particular Motel 6 even had a courtyard with BBQ grills. I found that quite interesting.

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel

The beds

Hampton Inn Kayenta: Great Service and comfortable beds

My family and I, traveled for many miles from Arizona, to the Petrified Forest National park. From the Petrified Forest, we headed north to Chinle and on to Canyon De Chelly (pronounced Canyon De Shay). We had not hotel reservation and were not sure if we would be camping at Chinle. We completed our tour at a little after 4:30 pm, so we decided to head on further north towards monument Valley.

When you are a seasoned traveler like me, you have the mind to be critical when you can and appreciate comfort and good service when one comes along. I did appreciate the service and accommodation at the Hampton Inn here.

Clean comfortable bed, pool, breakfast included with room, TV with most national channels, conceirge service, coffee/tea in room. Gift shop in the lobby area.

I would recommend the Hampton Inn if you have the money, it is definitely a great place to rest your head after a long trip driving in or touring Monument valley.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Adventure Travel

Bed at Hampton Inn Kayenta

Best Western Prescottonian: Prescott's most spacious hotel rooms

My family and I, stayed at the Best Western in Prescott on our last leg of a 4 day road trip to northern Arizona. We only stayed one night. Conveniently located on Gurley street, it is close to literally everything within the historic district. For $89 before taxe, i thought it was rather expensive. But then again, it is in the historic district where most everythign about Prescott is.

The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Not exactly worth it's price, but considering the fact that the weekend was filled with a street fair, it was busy enough to fill many hotels. I would recommend it as a last resort really.
Has a pool, nice dinnng area, parking space.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip

Best Western Prescottonian

• lorzarn profile photo lorzarn
  • Reviews: 7

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fiesta Inn Resort: Suprising find

I found this hotel from Priceline.com when I typed in Four star hotels near the Sky Harbour airport. The hotel is pretty plan looking for the outside, but once you get inside you realize this hotel is a little different. The decor is- for the best of my description- Modern art/desert motif. The rooms are very comforable, and have an oversized chair in them. We stayed there three times total (two from priceline, and one booked straight with the hotel), and all three times were wonderful.
The doors do open to the outside, but all entrances are pointed towards the interior courtyard, so it felt pretty safe. The resturant there has a buffet, but all three times we missed it. I think that it ends pretty early- or we just slept late everytime we were there. I am not sure.
Not sure of the 'resort' status. I tend to think that resorts have more activiities, or spas- but from what I can tell, this one didn't.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The price when booked with the hotel directly can be pretty steep. The third time we stayed there and booked directly with hotel, I lamented about the price descrepancy (around $200 USD), and they knocked off most of the diffrerence. There wasn't THAT many people there, so I think they were glad to have the business. Either that, or they saw we were repeats.

Good sized pool, and lots of comfortable seating available. Nice courtyard around pool area to relax in. Close to airport

• Related to: Women's Travel
  • Written September 23, 2010

• pfsmalo profile photo pfsmalo
  • Reviews: 1477

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Page Boy Motel.: Reasonably cheap for the area, Page.

Situated right on the main road through Page, N. Lake Powell Blvd., I was a little worried about the possible noise, but after a long days driving nothing would have stopped me sleeping that night. Comfortable and clean, all you want from a motel without breaking the bank. Also, there is a pool in the secluded garden although we didn't use it. As Page is quite compact, the motel is almost the centre of town and only 10 mins to Antelope Canyon and the Glen Canyon Bridge and dam.

We paid $65.39 for a double inc. tax and b'fast.

• Written September 11, 2010
Tip Photo

Seen in front of the office ???

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Motel 6: Overpriced in Youngtown

Motel 6 is one of my favorites because it provides decent accomodations at a budget price. Usually. This motel is very basic with no extras except a pool (which was colsed for the season). I understand that 1) it was a Saturday Night; 2) I was on the edge of Phoenix; and 3) there were special events going on but $90 for a Motel 6 is expensive! On the plus side or the minus side (depending on your point of view), the motel was full of drunk college kids.

Holiday Inn Express: Great Hotel in Winslow

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Winslow after three nights of substandard accomodations in other towns. I was greeted by a friendly and competent staff. My room had a small refrigerator, a microwave, a sitting area and a very comfortable bed. The next morning I had a leisurely breakfast of cheddar cheese omelet, bacon, ice cold orange juice and coffee and read my free USA Today Newspaper. The indoor pool was very nice too.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Historical Travel

Holiday Inn Express

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites: Inexpensive Luxury in Tucson

I stayed here for two nights during my lastest minor heart surgery in August 2009. This is a fancy luxurious hotel and the room cost me under $80. The lobby was very pretty and the room looked great. The bed was very comfortable. They have a ballroom, meeting areas, two places to eat and a nice lounge all on site. All the staff I met was very friendly. The rum in the rum and coke was generous.

• Related to: Business Travel, Historical Travel, Road Trip

Travel Inn: Great Price, Nice Motel in Tucson

I had seen the Travel Inn several times as I drove down Interstate 10 but had never stopped there. It looked okay from the outside and the price advertised on the sign was cheap. I stopped there on my last trip to Tucson. The accomodations were pretty nice and they even had a small refrigerator. Every thing seemed clean and was in decent repair. A very good deal for the price.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel

Travel Inn

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Super 8: Nice but Overpriced in Quartzsite

Okay this was a pretty nice hotel but it was no better than the one I stayed in the night before in Lake Havasu City and was much more expensive. My next trip to Quartzsite, if any, I will stay at another motel. The motel was also a little isolated, there was no decent place nearby to eat.

The Superstart Breakfast was nice.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Historical Travel

Super 8

Motel 6: Good Budget Motel in Prescott

If you are looking for basic budget accomodations, try the Motel 6 in Prescott. There are no extras; but everything was in good repair and clean. There is a pretty nice restaurant next door. The motel is conveniently located near the intersection of Arizona Highways 69 and 89.

The pool looked nice but it was closed for the winter.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Museum Visits, Family Travel

Motel 6: Very Nice Budget Motel in Payson

I frequently stay at Motel 6 because they offer nice basic accomodations at a reasonable price. This one was no exception. In addition to the usual items in a Motel 6; this one had small refrigerators and free Internet access. It had a Chinese Restaurant with a pretty good buffet next door and was convenient to downtown Payson. Free coffee in the mornings.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, National/State Park, Historical Travel

Best Western: Better Than Advertised in Parker

Okay, this hotel is given 2 stars out of a possible 4. I found the facilities better than that. The hotel has a very attractive exterior, is conveniently located, and has good ammenities inside the room. My room had a sitting area, free high-speed Internet access, an iron/ironing board, coffee/tea maker, and a microwave and refrigerator. There was also a complimentary continental breakfast, a heated swimming pool and a barbeque area. I will stay here again if I'm in the area. The staff was friendly too.

• Related to: Road Trip, Historical Travel, Family Travel