Days Inn Lake Havasu

1700 North McCulloch Boulevard (formerly Havasu Inn), Lake Havasu City, Arizona 86403, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• NOW IS "DAYS INN"

GOOD NEWS FIRST MONICA IS GONE, BAD NEWS, REPLACED BY CHRISTINA WHO IS ALMOST AS BAD. HER AND HUSBAND BOTH SEEMED LIKE NICE PEOPLE, BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK THEY CARE ABOUT ANYTHING OR ANYBODY STAYING THERE. THE PLACE WAS CHEAP, I BIDDED ON PRICELINE.COM AND GOT STUCK WITH THEM. STAYED THERE 2 MORE TIMES BECAUSE THEY CHEAP. THE CHEAPEST. THE PLACE IS A DUMP. "DAYS INN" ADDED HAIR DRYER'S TO THE ROOMS AS WELL AS A "SUPREME CONTINENTIAL BREAKFAST". I STILL LAUGH AT THAT. RICE KRISPY'S IN A SOMEWHAT CLEAN BOWL, DIRTY SPOON, & WARM MILK IS NO DELUXE OR SUPREME IN MY BOOK. BY THE WAY, I WAS CLOSE, BUT I DID NOT THROW-UP WHEN I SAW THE POOL. IT IS GATED, BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND ENTERING. WHEN THEY SAY, "ENTER AT YOU'RE OWN RISK",THEY'RE NOT JOKING. BUYER BEWARE. I PAID $30 A NITE. NUMEROUS SITES HAVE THEM AT $79 PER NITE AND ONE AT $89. IT'S STILL A DUMP WITH HAIR DRYER AND CEREAL. FOR $80 PER NITE THERE'S LOTS OF CHOICES IN TOWN. I'M IN HAVASU ALOT, AND ALWAYS HOTELING IT, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MORE OPIONIONS ON YOUR STAYS. BY THE WAY, BRING YOUR OWN COFFEE TOO.

Unique Quality: OVERSIZED PARKING AVAILIBLE. LOCATED IN A DIRT FIELD ADJACENT TO HOTEL OWNED BY SOME BODY ELSE. IT'S IS/WAS FOR SELL TOO. EMPLOYEES PARK THERE TO SO SPACE IS LIMITED.

• Bad nights at the Havasu City Inn

This hotel is the worst place we've ever stayed. On night #1 we awoke at 2:00am to the buzzing alarm clock in the unoccupied room next door. It took 20 mins to rouse the irritated manager who didn't even offer an apology. On night #3 we got a late call (10:20 pm) from the front desk. The night clerk said that our room had just been rented out to someone else. As background info, we had made our hotel reservation via an internet site (travelnow.com) in 2 separate reservations -one reservation for 2 days and another for 1 day. When we checked in this was specifically explained to the clerk - we wanted the SAME room for 3 nights. I explained to the clerk what happened but she essentially said "tough luck" and said that I was responsible for stopping the new "guy" from trying to enter the room. I declined, stating that this was a situation for her, or management, to resolve. Next thing we knew, the door lock was activated and someone got part way in before the security bolt stopped his progress. This concerned and irritated my wife who called the desk for further explanation. The clerk refused to talk to her and told her if she was irritated by it all, then she could simply call the police - which we immediately did. The police arrived and were met by us, the manager and the clerk. We were angry, the manager threatened to "throw us out" and the police threatened to toss me in jail. Meanwhile the manager (young woman) was laughing and touching the policeman's sleeve all the while implying that it was just another case of screwed up visitors making life difficult for the hospitality industry. Bottom line, use your security latch and don't open the door up to anybody you don't know. If there is only one good thing about your accomodation, let it be security. We ultimately demanded that the door lock be re-keyed before we went back inside our? room. Note the manager involved was Monica M. Jackson.
    Don't stay at this motel. There appear to be more satisfactory alternatives in this town.

Directions: Downtown