Sand Castle Inn

2190 Birch Square, (former Days Inn), Lake Havasu City, Arizona, 86403, United States

Sand Castle Lakeview
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• A wonderful experience!

I came from Eastern Canada, and stayed at the Sand Castle Inn in Lake Havasu City for a little over a month between April and May 2011.

From the moment I spoke to a staff member on the phone, I had nothing but great service and accommodation. Booking the room was no problem at all and they were very friendly. They worked very hard to give me the best possible accommodations and I found they went above and beyond to serve me better.

The prices were great. The service was great. The rooms were nice and clean. It was a fun stay and I had a blast!

The only thing I can honestly say that could use some improvement is the regular cleaning of the rooms. Whatever hiccups there were, the staff was very accommodating and worked promptly at solving any and all issues there may have been and were very friendly and courteous with me. I just loved them and felt very welcomed and at home there during my stay.

I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive, nice, clean, quiet, private room with walk up to doors, laundry facilities on site and friendly, accommodating staff, at a good location - with walking distance to everything you could want or need (including a 24 hr grocery store).

Sure it's not a glamorous - super high-end - five star place with full on room service and major bells and whistles (I'm sure there are plenty of those around), but to me this place is a gem and it suited me just fine. I will happily return to it whenever I visit Lake Havasu City.

Unique Quality: -Great price
    -Onsite laundry facilities
    -Great Walking distance to anything you'll need
    -Great, friendly, reasonable, down to earth Staff
    - Secure
    -Private
    - Clean
    -Quiet
    -Homely

Directions: Mesquite ave and Acoma blvd

• worst hotel ever!!!

called to make sure they had my reservation and they did not, they said they would upgrade my room and have it ready when i get there. there hours laster NONE of this happened! we got there and waited out side for someone for over an hour, then we were told to drive to a different hotel to get out room keys. the lady still didn't have our room ready so we had to wait another hour outside until 2am! once we got the room it was dirty and we had to wait for the lady to clean it, they told us we would get at least half of our money back if not all of it, and we only got 25$ back! this was the worst experience and the worst hotel ever!
    I DO NOTTTT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY HERE, DONT WAIST YOUR MONEY, JUST STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

Unique Quality: worst hotel ever, worst service as well.

• Lake Havasu's Worst Inn

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in September. There is little to no maid service. You are lucky if you can find someone to ask for clean towels. One of the queen beds had a pillow case and sheet with blood on it. This is completely unsanitary. The other bed had blood on the comforter. We originally wanted to stay at the Sands Havasu Resort but they were booked the weekend we were coming and the nice lady who helped book this god awful place, said the Sand Castle Inn was their sister property. What a joke. We went to visit our friends at the Lake Havasu Resort and it was beautiful. Wonderful pool, very nice suite with roomy living room. Across from the Inn is a large dirt mound where we found a man openly urinating. In talking to many people at the Lake, one man who has lived in Lake Havasu for many years said the Inn used to be called Shakespeare and was a place for drug dealers. He said we should have never stayed at the Inn. We will never stay at this place again.

• my experience

I really liked this hotel. We were in a suite, and we brought a pet. I thought that the staff was great. There isn't 100 people at your beck and call, but for the amount of people they have, I had a wonderful time. Cindy was really the best. She was very helpful, and kind. And when out of her way to make sure our stay was a good one. Not only will I continue go to this hotel, but I will recommend it to my friends and family.

Unique Quality: I loved the fully loaded kitchen complete with microwave, full fridge, and all the dishes and pots and pans I could use. I like that the hotel was pet friendly.

• Sand castle inn lake havasu

terrible Experience NEVER staying here again. Called and asked if animals were allowed they said yes and they charge a $100 deposit for damage to the room I said ok. We check in and of course it is beginning of summer my dog is majorly shedding and having the dog in the room for 4 1/2 days the carpet had tons of hair and of course no maid service due to the dog being kept in the room anyways we asked several times for a vacuum and they wouldn't let us use it. We check out and get a call the next day we are going to be charged a cleaning fee for the dog hair. Ok I blew my lid because I was going to clean up the hair myself and they didn't let me not to mention they never mentioned a fee just a damage deposit for the dog which by the way my dog never peed, pooped or chewed anything in the room. SUE the rudest manager I have ever spoken with said they have to wash the comforters now uh gross don't you wash them anyway??? I assume they don't hardly ever wash them. Staff was hardly ever on site which led to a lot of unfortunate events at this hotel. We had a suite with a kitchen but no microwave they had 2 towels in the room. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and have never had issues about the dog so I will happily go back to that hotel which is the Quality Inn they are extremely nice and have staff happily available to help you night and day. The Sand Castle Inns staff is incompetent and and missing in action Sue the manager hung up on me when I said her Hotel is not up to par which is very unprofessional. WARNING DO NOT STAY HERE ITS CHEAP BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR BEWARE

Unique Quality: POOL small and no jacuzzi like most other places. The view seedy-characters and the sounds- mariachi and fireworks and police activity outside because this hotel doesn't care about the safety and comfort of its guests at all. Rude Management and misinformed staff giving out false hotel information and policies. NO OUTSTANDING QUALITIES yes its an affordable rate but a lot of hotels in the area have affordable rates I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYBODY do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. SUe you were very unhelpful and rude customers don't like that.

Comments