300 E Wigwam Blvd, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Wigwam Golf Resort And Spa

Good but not Luxury Collection

by TripAdvisor Member 2coasts2

My husband and I are Starwood Platinum members and decided to spend our 15th wedding anniversary at the Wigwam. The casita was nice with a great fireplace and we got a nice gift of wine and cheese. However, the room we received was not befitting a "Luxury Collection" property. The mattress was clearly well used and the bathroom had not been renovated. When we checked out, we were told that there were some rooms that had been renovated but we didn't get one. Why they would not give a Starwood Platinum member celebrating a 15th wedding anniversary a renovated room seemed to be as much of a mystery to the person who checked us out as it was to us.

Lovely Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Oregon Shelly

We just spent 3 nights at the Wigwam this past weekend. We stayed in a Grand Deluxe room which has a larger bathroom and is overall a larger room than the standard rooms. The room was decorated in a relaxed, yet classy Southwest theme. The bed was extremely comfortable and the large bathroom was heaven! I especially liked the high end tolietries in the bathroom.

We enjoyed a wonderful evening of drinks and appetizers at the hotel lounge one night and got excellent service. Overall service at this hotel was top notch. People were very friendly and were always opening doors for us.

Unfortunately, the weather was dreadful most of the time that we were there (cold, windy and rainy), so we were not able to take advantage of the hotels' pools. They have 2 pools and they are both beautiful and very clean. I was able to sit in one of the hot tubs one day and it was fabulous!

The only negative about our stay at the Wigwam had to do with the Spa. The grand opening of the hotel's beautiful Red Door Spa was supposed to happen while we were there, but unfortunately it got delayed until the end of March. This was very disappointing for me since I was looking forward to a relaxing Spa experience. Instead, I visited the hotel's onsite Hair Salon for a pedicure and a facial. This was a pretty bad experience. The Hair Salon was old and dirty and the workers were not very professional. Some of them were very disgruntled about the new Spa and made sure to let me know about it. The treatments were also way overpriced and were of poor quality. Luckily, after March 30th, you won't have to worry about this because the new Spa will be open by then. It is run by Elizabeth Arden, who is known for having excellent Spas.

Besides the Spa opening delay and the bad weather, we had a wonderful time at the Wigwam. We will definitely be back!

Check out the wonderful beds!

by TripAdvisor Member marinemother

This is our first visit, we stayed 6 nights. What was most enjoyable was the wonderful bed with fine Italian linens, a delight to sleep in and one of the best I have experienced in years of travel around the world. I felt the staff could have been better trained, but they were very willing to help. Would recommend the Wigwam and will come back next year.

Lovely grounds but a ways from town

by TripAdvisor Member gohuskies2

Stayed here for a long weekend in March to get some sun. Unfortunately the weather had other plans. We were only able to use the pool one day but it was lovely. The layout of this resort is nice. No buildings are taller than two stories and you can park right near your room. No 15 minute walk to the parking lot or tipping the valet required. The decor was lovely (southwest theme), the beds were comfortable and we had a wet bar that was convenient. A mini-fridge would have been nice too. Don't know why more resorts don't offer this.

My only complaint is that there are few services within walking distance and it takes a loooong time to get to downtown Phoenix or Scottsdale. I could tell it was a ways on the map but was still amazed when driving how the city sprawled and how long it took to get across it. This is no fault of the hotel, though.

We also barely missed the opening of the new Red Door spa. Peeked through the windows and it looks like it will be nice when it is done.

A part of my family,....

by TripAdvisor Member earing

We have been staying at the Wigwam for years and love it. In terms of "look" they went from the Southwest Look at the Wigwam during the 80's to the Wigwam 1920-30 look a few years ago. We are about to go back in July ($119.00 not bad....) Love the movies by the pool, loved the drinks by the fire pit in January, even when it is hot you can swim and paddle up to the bar. There is egg nog in the Holiday season. There isn't a quick way into Phoenix, but that is what it is about. This is one of the places we look forward to each year. Plus we love them because they brought back the free coffee in the area in front of the restaurant. The gift shop actually has things I would buy (local artists). Nice robes.

Nice Room - Unreasonable iInternet connection

Nice enough room, comfortable bed - but why hit guests for $15.95 per 24 hour period of internet hookup. This seems out of line and I certainly would not go back there again just because of that.

Incompetent Staff!!!

I recently stayed at this resort on my honeymoon and I have to say that the staff there is very incompetent and didn't listen to me when a situation with billing arose. I pre-paid for my trip through a travel agency and the staff at the Wigwam charged me for 2 nights anyway. When I checked in, they had me down as leaving 2 days earlier than my actual planned departure date. I told them that I had documentation that the vacation was prepaid, but they assured me that everything was taken care of and that I would check out at my planned time. Well they definitely "took care" of me alright. They charged me for 2 additional nights! I went to clear this up when I checked out...they assured me that everything was OK and that my card would not be charged....WRONG!!! The incompetent staff again failed to deliver what they promised! I came home to find a charge on my credit card. Now after 3 weeks of contacting them on the phone...and, of course, more promises, I still haven't gotten a refund of my money!!! WATCH OUT for this resort!!!

Great one night stay after arriving in Phoenix

We stayed here for our first night in the U.S. after an 11hour flight from London.
We got upgraded due to our membership of the Starwood program - the accommodation was very large, lounge area, large bathroom and a small area outside to sit in the shade.
Parking was very easy, right near the accommodation.
We ate dinner at the golf club restaurant, where the food & wine was good and the service was ok. Breakfast overlooking the golf course was excellent - sitting in the shade listening to the birds singing. Dinner and breakfast were a little expensive overall.
Good location for the next leg of our journey up to Route 66 and onto Las Vegas.

Never Ever Stay Here!!!

by TripAdvisor Member AmyRD

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights for our first aniv. vacation. What a mistake. We had issues from having our upgraded room taken away in which people came into our room returning our stuff when I was still in bed. It was one problem after another. Because we prepaid our vacation, we were unable to leave the resort. Our bill was messed up and we are still dealing with it two months later.

Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

not what its cracked up tp be!!

by TripAdvisor Member puma1.716v

My part of 4 stayed here in June 06. The first impressions were good. The rooms were very nice, large, clean and well appointed. But after a few days my overall impression had changed. There was a lack of charm, its hard to explain. Maybe it was the size of the resort but it lacked that certain something that makes you want to go back. And like several other guests my bill was also over charged by $1200, but in the hotels defence the problem was rectified. It was not a bad stay but i dont think i would choose to return given all the other fine resorts in the Phoenix area.

Wigwam Motel, Holbrook - Route 66

by kop-queen

Have just discovered this motel on the web and it looks too good to miss. Our planned itinerary suggests we need to spend a night in the Holbrook area and given that we will probably end up in standard sanitised chain motels for the other 6 nights of our tour we quite like the idea of this one.

Anyone had any experience of it? Having read the guides that suggest 2 women travelling alone ought to be looking at Motels with interior corridors etc then is it a good idea?

All opiniions welcome
Thanks

by mapakettle

I had heard of this place a few years ago. Good comments then, and from the look of the reviews today, it is a bargain. Go for it, and remember to write a tip afterwards.

Enjoy, Pa

by ellielou

hi, we're also enchanted with the idea of staying at the Wigwam, for us, in early May. I checked tripadvisor.com, and people, for the most part, seemed to love it.

I haven't been to AZ, but have traveled a great deal around the SW alone, and have had no trouble as a single woman. I can't imagine that you should worry too terribly much about 2 women alone, although normal common sense precautions probably shouldn't be far from your mind.

When will you be in Holbrook, btw?

Ellen

Hi Ellen

gonna miss you but not by much! Planning to be in Holbrook on 22/4. Return to UK on 8/5. What is your it itinery?

KQ
ps mail me if you want to compare notes!

by oblivion301

Hey,

We stopped by the Wigwam Hotel in Holbrook a couple of years ago. The Wigwams are actually quite comfortable. Just your basic necessities. Sort of has that 1950's hotel feel, but the amenities are modern. Definately worth staying in if you are looking for a unique experience. The place pretty much sums up the whole Route 66 thing. The parking lot is well lit and the wigwams are all pretty close to each other and close to the check-in building, so you should be safe. The whole Route 66 experience in Arizona is quite a trip, all sorts of hokey tourist places. Have fun.

Chris

Thanks Chris

we're getting braver by the day! Already booked this one and another "non-chain" motel up at Mexican Hat that sounds like its run by really nice people.

Can't wait!

by oblivion301

Cool. Hope you have a great time. If you're up near Mexican Hat, I'm assuming your going to Monument Valley (which is amazing in it's own right, especially at sunrise or dusk), but you may also want to check out Goosenecks State Park. It's basically just a bunch of canyons in the San Juan River, but the views are cool because the canyons twist and turn all over the place.

Chris

Unique lodging options in the Midwest...?

Hi again,

I've heard of staying in a wig wam village, renting a caboose and even a treehouse. All very cool! :)

Are there any other unique lodging options that you all have heard of, or experienced?

Dawn

RE: Unique lodging options in the Midwest...?

by ellielou

check out my hp for photos of the Wigwam Hotel in AZ...very mid-century architecutre that...any reason that you're asking, btw?

by XtravelloverX

Thanks for the wig wam info...we stayed at the Wig Wam Village in Cave City, KY some years back. It was very cool. :) I'm trying to surprise my hubby with a unique weekend getaway. He just surprised me with a weekend in a railroad caboose for my b-day and I'd love to return the favor. :)

RE: Unique lodging options in the Midwest...?

by apuleuis

There is a cave in Wisconsin called Eagle Cave that you can sleep in (I've done it) but I think it might only be for groups. You might want to also look into ice hotels (well, in winter), I thought I remember reading about one in Minnesota but when I googled the closest I could find was Quebec.

by XtravelloverX

Thanks so much for the cave idea. I found their website, it looks cool...and a little scary. :)

by apuleuis

The only problem with the cave is it is cold (52 degrees) and damp and hard. Don't expect a good nights sleep :)

Comments