A Room With A View

231 Circulo Montana, Lake Patagonia, Nogales, Arizona, 85621, United States

More about Nogales

LA  CINDERELLALA CINDERELLA

Travel Tips for Nogales

Free access to the internet :-)

by matcrazy1

The Nogales-Santa Cruz County Public Library offered free access to the Internet.
I asked the librarian about it and I was asked to write down my name and address in a special register book. Then she wrote down the hour (time) and informed me that I have up to one hour of free internet access. I asked about... more hehe. She smiled and replied that it's no problem unless there are more people than computers connected to internet at that moment.

There were about 10 computers and maybe 3-4 people using them when I was there so I was able to use my connection longer. Hmm... I didn't need it or better to say I didn't want to "waste" more time there.

Do they like green color?

by matcrazy1

I am not sure about it but I noticed that they paint quite a lot of buildings just in green in Nogales; not pastel green like in many European Mediterranean countries (Italy) but bright, vivid green I could say. Hmm... I have probably never seen such green till that time except in... Tijuana, Mexico a day before.
Why just green? Is the bright green paint cheaper there he? I think that it's Mexican influence as green is national Mexican color. The flag of Mexico is green-white-red.

From my friend Dee (Yaqui) from Tehachapi, California, USA:
You got it, they (Mexicans) love green because it's in their flag. White is too bland and red is considered a little loud to them.
Thank you, Dee.

No restaurants there?

by matcrazy1

In contrast to other US towns there were very few restaurants located in downtown in Nogales. It seems that most people/tourists go to eat in... Mexican Nogales.

But there were quite a lot of various restaurants close to Motel 6: at West Mariposa Road - between the motel and exit 4 on I-19. There were a few restaurants along I-19 BUS (Grand Avenue) southwards as well.

Nogales-Santa Cruz County Public Library

by matcrazy1

I was in Nogales because it was in my itinerary to New Mexico. I was going to visit another town on the way between Tucson and Nogales called Tubac but I couldn't find any inexpensive accommodation on that way and I managed to find it just in Nogales in the middle of a night. Driving to downtown next morning I stopped at tourist information and I asked about internet availability. They gave me a schematic map of Nogales with Nogales-Santa Cruz County Public Library marked.

It was closed in early morning so, I drove to visit another nearby town - Tubac first. Then I had to come back to Nogales anyway and for the first time in my life I entered US public library and used its free internet connection. There is quite interesting architecture of the library building - look at my picture.

Address:
518 N. Grand Ave.
Nogales, AZ. 85621

Hours: click here

North Morley Avenue

by matcrazy1

It's a main one-way street going northeast from Mexican border through a downtown Nogales. Not very interesting street at first sight to be honest but there were a few quite interesting buildings there including the building of US Post Office at 300 N. Morley Avenue.

Nogales is full of Asian, European, Mexican, Middle Eastern and Black influences in architecture. If have time stop in a downtown and walk around to discover them.

More: Gold Tour